Question: Shadow vs Eon

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
Been looking at male Shadow vs Eon. The stats from Entropedia below

Now recent sales have seen Shadow selling at around 80-85K and Eon 50-55K. Looking at the stats, Shadow is heavier and gives more protection in Cut and Impact. Eon offers a better overall protection with more Penetration.
Other than the fact Shadow is black, can we have some comments on why Eon doesnt command the same price?

I am sure there will be an eco arguement, but from the veteran players who have owned Shadow and Eon in the past, any comments?

Cheers
Bjorn

Maybe it'S because a lot of high level mobs do mucho impact dmg ?

I would suggest to add repair bill and tiering cost in the equation too.. those are more influential on your pedcard than the color of the set.

I have no first hand experience but heard that Eon is significantly more expensive to tier than other comparable armors.

/Slupor

lack of imp and cut i'd say

47 extra Impact/Cut/Stab explains it I expect. Lots of mobs do I/C/S. Many of the non-bot mobs that do penetration also do cut or impact, so Eon is probably only better than Shadow for a limited number of mobs.

It is a nice all-rounder, but I'd pay more for Shadow than Eon I think. Although nothing like the prices it goes for...

Shadow is definitely overpriced, though I'd definitely rather have shadow than eon (I hunt mobs that need the impact protection).

Im not really neutral here, since Eon have allways been my dream armor, and I own the SGA one.

If I remember back, just before Supremacy got ingame, and alot of the new mobs. There was not a mob you could not tank with Eon. Slowly Ma started to introduce new mobs with high imp/cut/stb, and it was a trend that continued, and still are. With also less Robot events and beacons gone for years. It kinda shows MA is not going for the laser/pene dmg types so much anymore. I also think MA runied Eon more then Shadow with L armors, because its cheaper to buy a set of L armor to compensate for Eon, then it is for shadow.

Eon will allways have better eco, and since it has higher TT it allso keeps protection longer. Alot more overall protection.

i think people see eon as only pk armor witch i dont agree with, eon is a very good all round armor its great for robots and good for all mid lvl mobs it has high tt witch is very nice for long hunts.
All it lack is Impact really so falx dasp mukklaf are not very good in eon. Shadow is better if u hunt the big mobs but often if u want to hunt the big mobs u need the hp / skills to go with it so for a mid ranged player i think eon is the better choice

i think people see eon as only pk armor witch i dont agree with, eon is a very good all round armor its great for robots and good for all mid lvl mobs it has high tt witch is very nice for long hunts.
All it lack is Impact really so falx dasp mukklaf are not very good in eon. Shadow is better if u hunt the big mobs but often if u want to hunt the big mobs u need the hp / skills to go with it so for a mid ranged player i think eon is the better choice

You sir, are a nub.

some ppl used and has both shadow and eon.

might be cus theres a gazillion more shadow sets out there that more ppl use shadow.

L pk armour is alot cheaper then L big hunting armour.

it all depends on what you wanna hunt.

I think shadow and eon used to cost the same.. and I believe that eon was more expensive for a while

Eon is definitely a cool looking armor wit very nice stats.

But if I would need to buy a hunting armor to focus on the big mobs I would buy shadow.
As an more all-round hunting armor I would go for PoE (and Supremacy for high-end all round)
For the occasional PK I would take infiltrator/hermes L armor.
For a full time PKer and/or bot hunter I would take the Eon

if you want all these into one get the Carramone :p

Back