Share your beacon experiences

I guess with all the free Beacons being given away loot can't be that good yet..Like anything else maybe it's just that takes time to build up a nice Beacon loot pool and some lucky team will get a global on evert box like they used to...

I haven't done a new beacon yet.... but from what I recall.... the Avg. Markup of the beacon equalled the average return of the beacon.. If you spent 250 PED on a beacon... you could expect an average of 250 PED return. You pissed away your ammo/decay in the name of fun and gambling (for that special *every box globaled* run).

Menace

True, MU was related to potential.
Potential appeared dependant upon capacity to complete the mission effectively (variables) .
Analysis past vs now ?
Obviously variables can be correlated to some extent ( chalk and cheese, old and new)
The method again relies upon qualitative and quantative review of the old and new.
Who has the data :D
Tis funny:)

Well look at it this way, if there was no MU then you'd have a good chance of making profit.
I think the aim is to make beacons come down in price so that it becomes a everyday part of the game that everyone can try and not be limited to a small percent of the population. In the past beacons were always so expensive and many people would not have tried it since they probably didn't wanna risk it, if they become cheaper everyone will be able to have some fun.

Last edited:
Well look at it this way, if there was no MU then you'd be making profit.
I think the aim is to make beacons come down in price so that it becomes a everyday part of the game that everyone can try and not be limited to a small percent of the population. In the past beacons were always so expensive and many people would not have tried it since they probably didn't wanna risk it, if they become cheaper everyone will be able to have some fun.

Perhaps you have a different definition of 'profit'?

I've yet to see one person post that their share of the beacon loot covered their ammo+decay TT cost, let alone the cost of the beacon.

I was really hoping that instances will be magnet for new players, but reading all yous experiences so far it seems like this will not work out... sadly...

There is still chance that this would work out if beacons would be available in tt for 1 PED...

[...]
Opening a container:

Thanks for sharing Luckycharm!
In this vid one of you dies, was there bot hiding or was this something else?

I was really hoping that instances will be magnet for new players, but reading all yous experiences so far it seems like this will not work out... sadly...

There is still chance that this would work out if beacons would be available in tt for 1 PED...

Thanks for sharing Luckycharm!
In this vid one of you dies, was there bot hiding or was this something else?

Well actually she wasn't sure what caused it herself lol, may have been laser emitters that weren't destroyed, an electric mine or another evil trap! Who knows ?! ;p

P.S. Personally I think Kim had somethng to do with it !

Somewhare someone will loot something nice (probably destroy a friendship bacuase that player does not want to sell and split its value) and turn a nice profit or perhaps everyone will profit when the lootpool has had time to grow a bit.

So keep trying and hoping for the best in returns and im not just saying this beacause I own a fewl Calypso land deeds. O wait sorry my bad, its exactly why im saying this :yay:

Personally, I was not disappointed with the beacon in any respect. Yeah, loot was poor, but I have been on many beacons where I ended up having to pay in at the end. It's a risk, but, imo, worth it, for the fun.

Despite loot being automatically distrbuted equally among those in the beacon event, the Gloryhound still made the decision to pool the loot, and sell it, as we had done prior to VU10.0. Classic example of why we did this... one person looted one robot flare filter, one person looted THREE robot flare filters, and the other four looted none.... and of those that looted the robot flare filters, neither were in top 3 for bots destroyed.

Sooo, to avoid any bitterness on anyone's part, I suggest that nobody rely on the "equal distribution" of the loot.

Good suggestion Coz, and thanks for confirming that flare filters are still part of the beacon loots.

If anyone is running a beacon, updating the Loot table in Entropedia for them at the end would be appreciated :)

Perhaps you have a different definition of 'profit'?

I've yet to see one person post that their share of the beacon loot covered their ammo+decay TT cost, let alone the cost of the beacon.

well I know my soc used to work out our total decay by checking everyones tt value, collect all the loot at the end to distribute according to decay. We changed it in the end to only ammo used as it took a bloody long time to do and from my personal viewpoint it also encouraged people to use huge tt decay weapons and armor at other players expense.

My guess would be ED will still do it that way and get everyone to do it that way again otherwise we'll get the shared loot issue of people getting a low tt but big MU item and refusing to share it with the team.

But with the way things are I'm unlikely to take part anymore as I'm way down on dps as I won't pay an entire months deposit for one gun.

25pedder looted Jaguar Arms(F,L) full tt.
Loot + mu still didn't cover kill costs.

narfi

Maybe it would be an idea to put generic fuses used in warp recipe in beacon loot? :)

Not been on one of the new beacons yet, but tbh i'm just glad they are back.

A quick queastion, do you get the "normal loot" from the mobs and the extra loot in the containers, or do you only get the loot in the containers?

Some old data to compare ;)

Amount
Name
TTvalue
MU
Sold For:
13310x
Robot Component Residue
105%
4x
Robot Flare Filter
1400%
6x
Robot Auto Adjuster
114%
2x
Robot Range Finder
161%
2x
Robot Data Link
109%
4x
Robot Hyper Charger
105%
+0.52
1x
Robot Tilt Compensator
175%
2x
Robot Image Amplifier
119%
X
TT JUNK
-
Total
Loot
+253.41
Beacon
23+170
Other
Ammo & Decay
Total
Profit / Loss
+24.39
(+200?)
+277.80

Amount
Name
TTvalue
MU
Sold For:
5834x
Robot Component Residue
105%
1x
Robot Flare Filter
1260%
5x
Robot Auto Adjuster
114%
1x
Robot Range Finder
161%
4x
Robot Data Link
109%
1x
Robot Hyper Charger
105%
+0.13
2x
Robot Image Amplifier
119%
X
TT JUNK
-
Total
Loot
+60.85
Beacon
23+177
Other
Ammo & Decay
Total
Profit / Loss
(-80?)

Amount
Name
TTvalue
MU
Sold For:
16661x
Robot Component Residue
103%
8x
Robot Auto Adjuster
114%
2x
Robot Range Finder
161%
3x
Robot Data Link
109%
12x
Robot Power Amplifier
148%
3x
Robot Hyper Charger
105%
1x
Robot Tilt Compensator
177%
1x
Robot Image Amplifier
119%
X
TT JUNK
-
Total
Loot
(+36.18 )
Beacon
23+177
Other
Ammo & Decay
Total
Profit / Loss
+29.94
(+50?)
+66.12

Amount
Name
TTvalue
MU
Sold For:
12968x
Robot Component Residue
104%
+4.55
4x
Robot Flare Filter
1305%
+211.14
6x
Robot Auto Adjuster
113%
-
1x
Robot Range Finder
170%
+3.40
2x
Robot Data Link
110%
-
4x
Robot Power Amplifier
130%
-
1x
Robot Tilt Compensator
162%
+5.68
1x
Robot Image Amplifier
118%
-
X
TT JUNK
-
Total
Loot
(+224.77)
Beacon
25+225
Other
Ammo & Decay
Total
Profit / Loss
(+120?)
+138.87

A quick queastion, do you get the "normal loot" from the mobs and the extra loot in the containers, or do you only get the loot in the containers?

Only from containers.

I have been on three new beacons. I doubt I will participate in any more beacons until I hear that loot improves.
We ran a 23, 25 and 29 tt beacon. The loot we obtained did not even come close to even breaking even on the ammo spent let alone the value of the beacon. Yet again another example of a loot FAIL on the part of the developers.

All I can say is "EPIC FAIL" on MA's part re: the loot. Everything else seems to be fine, but...oddly enough, (sarcasm hat on), they seem to have missed the boat re: the loot. Why does that not suprise me? Get everyone excited with the return of Beacons and then SHAFT everyone with a drastically reduced return for the beginning...then claim "Mea Culpa"(remember the Sand King debacle) and grossly overcompensate on a following patch....it's like a fu%$ing bouncing ball....sooner or later it will stop bouncing and find it's place. Questions are, how long will it take before equilibrium is reached and how many of us will have to pay for MA's unwillingness to beta test this shit in the first place?

All I can say is "EPIC FAIL" on MA's part re: the loot. Everything else seems to be fine, but...oddly enough, (sarcasm hat on), they seem to have missed the boat re: the loot. Why does that not suprise me? Get everyone excited with the return of Beacons and then SHAFT everyone with a drastically reduced return for the beginning...then claim "Mea Culpa"(remember the Sand King debacle) and grossly overcompensate on a following patch....it's like a fu%$ing bouncing ball....sooner or later it will stop bouncing and find it's place. Questions are, how long will it take before equilibrium is reached and how many of us will have to pay for MA's unwillingness to beta test this shit in the first place?

If this were an isolated incident, I would think that could be a problem of "beta tester". But this is not an isolated event about current return rate. Do you not thought that maybe that's what MA can pay currently?

back in the day on a 25ped beacon, looted a pair of Tiger UL (M) shins.

Buying beacons TT+10+promisenottowhineaboutloot at boxes.

I remember when beacons looted good,..................... but then i took an arrow to the knee XD. JK i wasn't around that long for good loot D:

Pretty much. if I wanted to blow 600 ped in half an hour I would have bought a level 12 amp. The whole point of beacons was that if you used your brain, skills and tactic there's was a decent chance of profit on most runs, as it stands now it's just another progressive slot machine for that one lucky guy

Power Amp markup

Flares used to sell for 930 to 1300 percent markup. That is what made for profit on the most of the beacons. Does anyone know what items flares are used to make? Is there a possiblity that demand for that product that we can now make again will cause the markup on flares to go up again? That is what made beacons so worthwhile and hopefully will again.

:)

Power amps used to sell for 930 to 1300 percent markup. That is what made for profit on the most of the beacons. Does anyone know what items amps are used to make? Is there a possiblity that demand for that product that we can now make again will cause the markup on amps to go up again? That is what made beacons so worthwhile and hopefully will again.

:)

I think you mean Robot Flare Filters, which are used in crafting Svempa X1's.

Do you not thought that maybe that's what MA can pay currently?

LOL they can only currently pay less then AMMO and DECAY spent?

But yet they can get MA officals to stand in twins and give away beacons in "Quiz giveaways"

Beacons, Great fun, new and exciting, yet another victim to the ever declining returns.

Do you not thought that maybe that's what MA can pay currently?

That makes no sense what so ever... why would beacon loot be terrible (havent done a beacon myself just going of what people have said in this thread) but the loot i get in return on normal mobs have stayed so close to the "normal" return i get for almost 2 years now with just a few % moving up and down and that of course to be expected.
That loot is getting worse i find to be just random mumbling at this point its just not the case.

Disclaimer: I am speaking about the last 2 years of which i have played i can not speak for anything before that and how the loot was back then :).

Best regards
Zweshi

Thats is typically how hunting is most of the time, seems normal to me. + give away hundreds of beacons for free and that is sure to affect something in a negative way.

from what I see in the videos (thanks for them) new beacon on graphics are cool.

bad loot, a small number of boxes for which not much strategy required to open, are the main problem.

I think the instances open many possibilities to exploit the true power of CE2, hopefully MA reconsider the direction it is taking and stop trying to stab in the back of the player base every time they release something new.

yea Im dreaming, the wolf can´t stop eating the sheeps :bandit:

that is true the over loaded amount of beacons in game could screw with the loot abit....
so the beacons will loot less then normal...
i am sure it will normalize just sucks people have to lose....

but my motto You gotta lose to win.

Do not forget that every company has minimal costs and fixed costs that must be covered either way. Returns are linked to that, and besides equilibrium point and number of customers. but as we realized the number of customers has dropped, which could explain the low rates of return (beacons, sand kings, hunting and mining at general).

Back