Shared ownership

Everman

TOAO
Society
Freelancer
Orto Everman Statico
Hi,

I was about to try to communicate with Mindark about shared ownership. However, at some point I did read that they rather want to suck up ideas and remake them to their own than pick ready packets. So, as for the topic. I want your constructive input about shared ownership and ideas about how it would be possible.

It takes some rather big investments to buy land or estates and one way to solve that is to gather up funds and share the ownership. Many participants are very interested and excited over the development of project Entropia and would love to be able to take part of the evolving ingame business. Now, how to make this possible .

To solve a shared ownership today you have to use one out of two bad methods. The first is to let one of the members be set as ingame property owner. The other way is to create a front end, a dummy avatar which all members can access. None of those methods are secure or convenient and the later also totally against the EULA.

What we want to see is a system where individual security issues can’t compromise the shared ownership. Also there ought to be a system where co-ownership also opens up for cooperation, shared work load and redundancy in the business process.

With a system as this not only shared ownership will work. As I see it the foundation to a system likethis might even work for a lending/renting system, administration regarding staffs in factories or whatever organizations. But, back to the topic….

So, to share some thoughts about such a system…

-Organization, legal person

Two or more participants may start an organization that acts as a person in trades. The organization can be owner to estates and items. It will have a ped card, account, of it’s own.

-Shares

The co owners, members, own shares in proportion to what they put into the common account.

-The organizations’ account

Any member can add funds to the account and with that the size of the share is recalculated. Any member may withdraw from the common account but an amount, proportional to the shares, will then automatically be withdrawn and sent to all each member’s private ped card. Any income from shared property, as taxes, will be added to the common account.

-Trades

Any member may buy for the organization but not anything with higher value than the sum of their personal investment. For sales, or trades involving bigger amounts, there need to be a majority agreement (ex. a vote popup). The later shall be available to use even if the members are offline and then they shall have the opportunity to vote at logon.

The agreement may be set for single items with lowest/highest value and will be valid in both auction sales and pvp sales.

Ex. An estate has been spotted in auction. One member put a bid on it with a suggestion of the highest bid the organization will give. An agreement popup sends to all members where they see the Estate, the sum and kind of trade (auction in this case). When agreed the bid is put. After that any of the members can handle the bidding up to the set sum.

-Items

All items may be manipulated by all members but not carried in inventory when offline. At log off they return to organization storage. Any stackable items owned by the organization may be consumed in a process at an organization owned estate like fertilizers in a land area or minerals in a factory etc.

-Dismissal of a member

A member can’t be dismissed with less than that there is a majority decision and that there are funds to pay out the same sum as the leaving member invested.

-Possible security levels

* Forced security where gold card ownership is mandatory for all members.

* Free trading limit where all can trade with items below a set sum.

* Forced trading security. All trades, even purchases, need an agreement.

-Your input here guys’n gals. I know there are great thinkers out there. Find the weaknesses and add some strength to this!

Regards

Everman

Good thinking. Let's just hope that MA listens, this idea of your is among the best I've heard. It would make this gam... virtual universe, a lot more real and would make investing easier, safer and better.
+rep

I see this as a great way for crafters, hunters and traders to get together in another way then just joining a society. It would make the production and sales of merchandise much simpler and allow for everyone in the organization to work for a common goal.

For an organization/company which have a lot of investors/members there could be a board meeting every time a big decisions needs to be taken. The members of the bord (all big investors, or maybe all investors, if that is the way the compay wants it) should be allowed to vote on the subject at hand. Absolute majority in the voting is probably necessary to ensure good and fair decisions.

Last edited:
I wrote a long message on 100 lines, and deleted it again :( . Your
ideas is constructive and briliant. The only weekness is the size
and amount of ideas.

There are simply to many and they are to complex (which does'nt
contradict that they are briliant :) MindArk is still making graphic
overhault and debugging, and the last time we saw a change real
ingame was the taming of animals.

Instead we should focus on finding the most simple solution which
MindArk could implement without any great problems.Currently the
only shared activity we have is Hunting.

So ... the most simple solution would be to

* Equal shared onwer ship of a land/SA/LG/apartment (only odd numbers of players)
* Dismissal of a member. A member can only be force to sell they share if the
majority votes for dismissal. The 'voters' have first priotity in buying the
share back. Anyone can at anytime start a vote.
* Income/expenses is share Equal.

Forget the shared item, it will never happen (I guess). Because we all could make house-holding and share then weapons and Armor and thus never buy any more weapons nor Armor.

(Hi EF, I finally found my way over here)

Back