Shed a little LIGHT!

Kitch

Prowler
Hi, since we have had the hour of darkness, you would think as a futuristic scientifically adept race, we would have found some way of dealing with it like, ooooh I dunno "Lights" maybe???

Some people want to have no night time period at all. Here are some suggestions to deal with this.

Lights attachment for rifles.
MF chip to illuminate the ava (like in elderscrolls)
Flares to be fired up providing a few minutes of lights (can me MF)
Street lights in city areas.
Night Vision Goggles
Thermal Imaging Scopes

attachment.php

P.S - If you decide to implement anything like this, make sure it is ALL crafted only ;)

Last edited:
Or night vision goggles and scopes.

The goggles are the most appropriate for melee uses.

should be a cheap UL MF tool that lights up a 60m radius around the avatar and lasts 1 hour!

I wouldn't use it, because I like the night...
but I think it would make all the people who don't like the night happy! :thumbup:

(shouldn't be blinding if used in daylight though!)

Me and my newbie friends will sneak during the night and steal your oilz... so you better get some flash lights, you Ashi ubers! :yup:

I really like the idea of flashlights/flares although i could for see some performance issues with it. Night vision goggles is a nice middle ground as that would only effect the one client using it.

What i really would like to see though is TWS scopes(thermal imaging), would we awesome in PVP... Preferably very very rare (L) versions only though ;).

Cheers
Zweshi

yeah it would be quite processor intensive hte flares anyway. thermal goggles would be cool for pvpers yeah :D
that would bring the long range weapons and stealth into its own

I really like the idea of flashlights/flares although i could for see some performance issues with it. Night vision goggles is a nice middle ground as that would only effect the one client using it.

What i really would like to see though is TWS scopes(thermal imaging), would we awesome in PVP... Preferably very very rare (L) versions only though ;).

Cheers
Zweshi

I like this. It would all need to be balanced though. A flashlight provides a small, focused beam, consuming few power cells. A floodlight provides a larger beam, but consumes more power cells. Neither will illuminate an entire screen or travel too far in front of a player. Both of these would be highly visible in PvP, and should also cause nearby creatures to automatically enter a disturbed (aggro/run) state. This range would be higher than normal due to the increased visibility of light against a dark background.

A scope (or goggles) could be worn that might maximize on available natural light, or provide thermal imaging. Great for PvP or hunting, but you would have to either remove an existing scope on a gun to use this, or remove your helmet to wear the goggles.

For every benefit there is a sacrifice.

We have been asking for lamp attachments for years. MA ignores this and designs other stuff we don't need.

If they get around to make light attachments, it might be fun to have the mobs react to the light in different ways.

Maybe attract or repel them, maybe have some of them charge at the light ..... ;)

Flashlight attachment for gun's already ingame (craftable, BP comes from Cyrene). Only found it out yesterday too. :)

LA owners should be able to fire up up giant flares above their lands at night (automated system), or use giant mirrors in space on geosync orbit, etc.

This stuff needs to be properly implemented and tested. When it's all fine and working good, give us back the nights that look like nights.

Didn't we have Fireworks one Christmas Gift - Arnt there any of those left ?

They were Rather Fun I seam to recall especially letting them off in apartments.

But no love the idea of night vision scopes and street lighting .

Hi, since we have had the hour of darkness, you would think as a futuristic scientifically adept race, we would have found some way of dealing with it like, ooooh I dunno "Lights" maybe???

Some people want to have no night time period at all. Here are some suggestions to deal with this.

Lights attachment for rifles.
MF chip to illuminate the ava (like in elderscrolls)
Flares to be fired up providing a few minutes of lights (can me MF)
Street lights in city areas.
Night Vision Goggles
Thermal Imaging Scopes

attachment.php

P.S - If you decide to implement anything like this, make sure it is ALL crafted only ;)

100x times YES..

This is what they were supposed to introduce with Cryengine update and when we had a more "real" nights.

I am all for this, just makes the night again a NIGHT and let's introduce all different kind of accessories.

And one thing that people hinted before and I really liked.. Make most of them fueled by sweat :)

I remember right after VU10 the nights were so long and so pitch black, that I used to put lamps on the ground on my hunting spot in order to actually see what I was shooting^^

Also, the HyperSense spectacles from NI were supposed to get a night vision feature. Unfortunatly the planet development died...
But I found it a very interesting idea to add extra features to armor pieces. Night vision is definitly already implemented. The sewer instances on RT switch it on automatically, when you enter dark areas. :cool:

Didn't we have Fireworks one Christmas Gift - Arnt there any of those left ?

They were Rather Fun I seam to recall especially letting them off in apartments.

But no love the idea of night vision scopes and street lighting .

i still have like 20 left, from Halloween the one year we got them.:laugh::lolup:

Regards,

Pw

Back