Shop Manager for shop owners

tissue

Dominant
Society
Miner's Mafia
weet tissue chief
Hello all shop owners,

I am a proud member of Miner's Mafia. Since some time we have our own society shop. One of our members bought a shop and was kind enough to let us all use it. One person is managing this shop.

As you might know, letting more people use one shop, needs some administration. There are a lot of people that have stuff inside the shop for sale.

First it was attempted to keep track of all sales in an excell spread sheet. But because it was growing every day, it got more difficult. Our total turnover of the shop is already over 100k peds. With that kind of cash flow, it is really important to know what PED's has which owner.

So i decided to start coding on an online shop manager system. Where it would be more easy to keep track of the items sold, and the peds earned by it. The system uses different status for every object being sold: "item received", "item put in shop", "item sold", "peds reserved for seller", "seller payed" or "item removed from shop". Every item that gets sold in shop, goes trough some of these states. The person operating the Shop Manager supplies all the data needed.

This online application works prety well. As far as I know the Miner's Mafia Society Shop Manager is pretty content with it. Also I have already received some positive responses from others who tried out this application.
So I was thinking maybe there are other shops who sell stuff from multiple avatars. And maybe they can benefit from this application.
Also shop owners that sell only their own stuff can use the manager, if they want their inventory to be shown online, and want to keep track of the markup their stuff sells for.
But in the first place it is designed for multiple user shops.

Also you can manage more than one shop in one shop manager! The fee of items is calculated automatically. The % of fee is adjustable for each shop in the shop manager.

Here are some of the features of the Shop Manager:

This is the main window the manager of a shop uses:

All information is summerized in an inventory list available for the public. So every shopper can see what is in stock, even without logging in. Also this public inventory list shows the prices and calculates the markup:

Here is the inventory of our society shop (up to date)

Furthermore there is a summery of all sellers using the shop, with totals of peds that needs to be payed or reserved:

A summery of items that have been sold over a year/month/week period. Including mean markup values and the time the item has spend inside the shop:

A log of all important events that happened with an item (put in shop/sold/seller payed):

Also every user of the shop can log in to check his own items in the shop, without having to log in into Entropia Universe and walk to the shop itself.

Parses
There are also other sites where you might want to show your inventory. For this, there is also a "parse" available for other sites. You can easily copy and paste the whole inventory, so it will on the other site in the right layout.
So far there are parses available for:
- Entropia Directory
- Entropia Forum (example)

How to get it

I can install a copy of the shopmanager on my own server. You can access it with the adress and the login info I can give you. After that you can start trying out the shopmanager.

So if you wanna try this application, you can contact me by PM on this forum.

grtz Tissue

Last edited:
This application has really been helpfull for managing our soc, and very handy to check your own stock without loggin in

i give this a big thumbs up :thumbup:
and a little bump :)

yes, this works really well...

now time for a big bump :yay:

Thumbs up for this great guy! I'm the manager of the Miner's Mafia Ore & Enmatter shop, and can't do a day without this application. Made administrating as easy as it can get, within peass if needed.

Beside that its the ultimate tool to 'share' your shop with others, it's also a very pleasant application for 'normal' shops (1 person that owns items for sale), just because of the ease of administrating everything.

I can recommend everyone to atleast try it out if you are curious :)

+rep for your whole ouvre :D

Last edited:
I've been selling my ore and enmatter via the society shop for some time now. The Shop Manager tool makes it very easy for me to know exactly how much PED I have in the shop for items that are both sold and unsold.

By pooling the resources of so many miners in Miner's Mafia, the shop is well stocked and has many regular customers. Our customers also like the fact that they can check the web site to see what's available before stopping by to purchase.

The Shop Manager tool is great, but the work Sahel does to manage the shop is phenomenal. Of course, since Sahel is the one handling the transactions he's the most popular guy in Miner's Mafia! :laugh:

- Roxy

I'm also a proud member of <---Miner's Mafia--->, and without that shop manager we wouldn't have come as far as we have now.

Big rep to Tissue and a big :grouphug:

Bump bump

Tnx guys.
Already 4 shop owners showed their interest in the manager!

:yay: BUMP :yay:

An Excellent tool!

Great work.

Realy nice idea !! :)
Contact me ,I m interested with it to try :).

I don't use any of these kind of applications, but I had a little thought
about some of them... maybe if MA approves code, couldn't these also
become PC (Participant Content) within EU? ;)

I don't use any of these kind of applications, but I had a little thought
about some of them... maybe if MA approves code, couldn't these also
become PC (Participant Content) within EU? ;)

Lol would be nice, if you could put an internet browser terminal on a wall :D

grtz Tissue

A bump for a great tool ;)

Sounds like a real nice and simple tool to admin a shop and content. Nice work indeed!

Now all we need is for MA to regulate things a tiny bit, so non-owners (or friends set from the estate terminal) can drop items inside a shop, for the shopowner to pick up.

This way you would be free from always depending on the shopowner to be online.

If you dont mind I would love to have a closer look at the script? Wether I would put it to use or donate peds for the usage is yet unsertain, but with respect to your copyrights I would like to try it out a little.

I send you a PM solaris

Bump
:yay:

I love the look of what you have done. (I sent you a PM Tissue - very keen on this).

I run a soc shop for Global Alliance at 5G & 4H Bronze TIC and the ledger books do get very full on.

Does the application have an interface I could make public for others to see what stock and at what prices - without them seeing the rest of the trading and the margins sellers place on items.

+rep mate

Does the application have an interface I could make public for others to see what stock and at what prices - without them seeing the rest of the trading and the margins sellers place on items.

+rep mate

Thanks Ozi :D

The shop content page is a public page that everyone can see. The other pages in the manager are only accessible when logged in. The user can see the stats and his own inventory.
Only the administrator of the shop manager can see all pages, and edit the data.

grtz Tissue

Bump

Sounds good, I will speak to my partner, we may be interested.

Nice to hear Bobs. You can always try the application out if you like. Just PM me!

Shop manager now also features a nice EF parse, to quickly copy and paste your inventory on this forum.
Click for example

BUMP
:yay:

I'm interested in trying to use this for a business I am prepareing for. I sent you a PM. Also I'm wondering what program language you used to make this.

Also I'm wondering what program language you used to make this.

Tnx for showing interest in the application!
The answer to your question, for everyone :D :

PHP scripting, with mySQL database to store all the info in.

grtz Tissue

tissue you might want to put that in your first post if you didnt already

(consider this a little bump hehe)

I tink this thread deserves a bump !

:yay::yay::yay::yay:
:yay:BUMP IT UP:yay:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Great work Tissue, time for a BUMP! :yay:

Edited main post a bit.

It's been a while... time for a BUMP! :wtg:

Back