Short one on amps

Dragoon

Guardian
Dragoon
All I want to know is, if you use medium-high level amps, does it decrease your detection rate?

I only ask this because I've been using an OA-101 for a long time, and getting on fine with it. The other day I decided I'd buy an OA-104 and use it as a vein finisher (basically where I'm sure the third claim in a vein is going to be equip the amp and get a nice find).

To cut a long story short, this didn't work, at all! Infact I only ever found two claim veins for about 3 runs!

The finder was a Z20 and my prospecting level is about 10.5

Hitrate is the same. And how can you be sure about a third hit or a "vein"? All nonsense in my eyes.

Hitrate is the same. And how can you be sure about a third hit or a "vein"? All nonsense in my eyes.

Im noob miner.. but from what i feel the hitrate goes pretty down with amps... dont tell me that not >D

Im noob miner.. but from what i feel the hitrate goes pretty down with amps... dont tell me that not >D

I just seem to can't find the thread but there has been a test by steffel, falkao and someone else I think [not sure if I am remembering the correct names] which shows some test results regarding this topic. It seems to be exactly the same hitrate just keep the amp attached if you mine amped so you do not miss the big ones!

In my experience, mid to high level amps always reduced my hit rate pretty good ... always kindof thought of it like the condition slider when crafting. and I've NEVER had any luck using them like you described ... putting one on in what I thought was a hot spot. You pretty much have to mine a whole area with the same amp.

as for veins ... in my opinion, a thing of the past (3 - 4+ yrs ago). Seems nowadays I'll find some clusters of different ores/enmats in a small spot, but no true veins.

Your average hit rate doesn't decrease when using amps.

I don't know "veins", but there are certainly areas where you hit more and areas where you hit less, and they change with time.

Sometimes, there are small (a kilometer or two) areas that are especially rich and yield hits on most bombs.

Hitrate is still same no matter what amps you use ;)

Amps increase your expectations, so hitrate SEEMS to be lower - until you do the math part.

This couldnt work mate. Your hitrate wiht low amps is much better than with medium ones. On the other hand, You should have better chance of hitting something good.
Just imagine using medium or high amps as moving with slider in crafting. Its the same.

Even if you would be able to count when good loot comes in classic condition craft, it has no use to you, because after moving slider your chance of getting something changed.

I disagree with this. If you want to compare it with crafting, using amps is like crafting something that cost more resources. CND mining, however, can be compared to condition crafting with lower hitrates and larger hits.:)

This couldnt work mate. Your hitrate wiht low amps is much better than with medium ones. On the other hand, You should have better chance of hitting something good.
Just imagine using medium or high amps as moving with slider in crafting. Its the same.

Even if you would be able to count when good loot comes in classic condition craft, it has no use to you, because after moving slider your chance of getting something changed.

Just write your hitrate down for some runs and I hope you will see. I have to admit as far as I know no one has ever down this with bigger amps but I am assuming it is the same as with low/mid lvl amps.

From experience...bigger the amp --> lower hitrate...

I disagree with this. If you want to compare it with crafting, using amps is like crafting something that cost more resources. CND mining, however, can be compared to condition crafting with lower hitrates and larger hits.:)

Exactly. If you move the crafting slider the cost to do one click is still the same, if you use an amp, the cost to drop a bomb/probe increases. So big difference there.

My experiance says there is no difference in hit rate, nor are there any veins.

If you collect enough data and do some proper analysis you will see that most such theories are just a products of selective memory, expectations and the remarkable ability our brain has to see patterns even where there are none.

If you collect enough data and do some proper analysis you will see that most such theories are just a products of selective memory, expectations and the remarkable ability our brain has to see patterns even where there are none.

Truth is i didnt used too much "strong" amps, but one thing was clear. I tested hit rate before using this amps, when it was ok, i started minning with strong amps. And guess what...hit rate felt wayyyy down.

But I dont argue. Maybe is hit rate with amps also avatar based and thats why we have different conclusions. Who knows.
I can only tell my own experience showed me that hit rate is much lower with high amps(something like cnd minning, lot of nrfs then bang, good claim, and again lot of nrfs....)

amps DO NOT affect your hitrate.

There was few test in mining forum. Also latest Kolo OA109 run on CND show that clarly.
I can say same from my own experience. And my experience is over 50k peds in amped globs and Hofs.

Back