Question: Should prices be Capped?

Abby

Guardian
Society
The Chosen Few
Sabriel Abby Abhorsen
Just wondering given the current global financial crisis if this should be a question that is applied to all items in EU. Should there be a maximum price that can be charged for all and any items.

This would allow a more realistic simulation of equitable market than the current free fall inflation that we have. The real oney invested could come at great risk if the business of MA is at risk.

With more than 25 banks (that is legal Banks!) at risk of collapsing and going into liquidation how is MA any safer? It is not. The entire country of Iceland is the first contry to face bankruptcy due to this fiscal crisis. With an active population of 320,000 it is bigger than MA.

Just thought I would put the question out.

Reactions: mit
No.

Too short.

no.

this is not a regular MMO with a blackmarket for pretty items.

Capping prices is out of the question.

NO!

NO! Prices should not be capped. It would be nice if they were if you were looking to buy something that's overpriced now, but no, they should not be capped... If seller really wants to sell something they won't overprice them. Period. Just because there's a real world financial problem doesn't mean n00bs should be able to steal overpriced things at reduced prices. If a cap is ever implemented, it's likely all uber items will remain in storage for the forseeable future until such cap is removed. Just because your bank account is hurting in real life does not mean everyone's worldwide is. Also, it doesn't mean that those that paid outrageous prices should get ripped off by you by you forcing their prices to go down. If people want to sell things, they price them appropriatly or they don't get any buyers. That's the way the free market works. Just because someone in the real world loses a job does not mean that a bank will suddenly hand them the keys to a brand new Porsche that they never asked for or wanted... quite the opposite will happen...

i dont see a freefall inflation for items, its more a evaluation of their real potential and sometimes they decrease in price too, some of them seem to have reached their max value and ppl are not willed to pay more for them.

so ... NOPE!

No.. ( to short )

S V :)

Just wondering given the current global financial crisis if this should be a question that is applied to all items in EU. Should there be a maximum price that can be charged for all and any items.

This would allow a more realistic simulation of equitable market than the current free fall inflation that we have. The real oney invested could come at great risk if the business of MA is at risk.

With more than 25 banks (that is legal Banks!) at risk of collapsing and going into liquidation how is MA any safer? It is not. The entire country of Iceland is the first contry to face bankruptcy due to this fiscal crisis. With an active population of 320,000 it is bigger than MA.

Just thought I would put the question out.
Yep. And we want Joseph Stalin for Prez! :yay: :yay:

yeah, just kill the free market :rolleyes: naat

Sorry, no cap please.

as said of others above it would just open up a outside PE blackmarket.

If the real world echo is so bad, the EU echo should be the same, and prices will drop eventually.

But i guess the real world echo is not that bad:yay:

MA can regulate this at any time anyways.

There is no need for cap.

This is not the world economy and price control can be done very very very easily if wanted. Just stop dropping / introduce more of certain item and voila - you have your desired pricerange. Meaning: dropping 100 more MOD FAPs wouldnt equal in 4 million US$ more to EU economy, but MOD fap going down in lower pricerange. Therefore - cap not neccessary...

I.

P.S.

And this is not a social cathegory like food for example. You wont die if you can not get that virtual gun - so let ppl pay 30k USD for it.

The entire country of Iceland is the first contry to face bankruptcy due to this fiscal crisis. With an active population of 320,000 it is bigger than MA

With the amount of registered players (I'm not talking about activity) and the turnover ingame I'd say MA is bigger then Iceland. They already claimed to have hopped over some african countries before the economic problems.

And prices should not be capped as they have no influence on RL markets. When the wallet of the customers are empty prices are automatically capped.

.... With more than 25 banks (that is legal Banks!) at risk of collapsing and going into liquidation how is MA any safer? It is not. The entire country of Iceland is the first contry to face bankruptcy due to this fiscal crisis. With an active population of 320,000 it is bigger than MA....

its not the same, ppl in EU actually live (RL) in different countrys... dont forget.

but the answer - NO! - its a free market!
(as someone mentioned Stalin - yes - red shit. :mad: I hope u dont know and will never know that kind of system/order.)

Definately NO! The whole attraction of EU is the Real Cash Economy, not a Real Cash Stalinist Regime.

No shouldn't be capped, and as has been said, how would you?

Price is set by supply and demand.

You could argue that supply could (and should) be higher on some items however.....

Maybe we can have the G7 come in and guarantee the prices of everything, and assume all of the risk with taxpayer cash.

That should make everything okay.

Price Caps are just about the worst thing that can happen to any market.

Its been tried before and failed in RL. Markets react badly to clumsy-handed manipulation. Its why the world markets are in a mess ATM.

It always sounds good but it just never works. Markets are like water. You can't raise water on one side of the bucket. Markets and water seek their own level.

Dex :cool:

I am echoing the no everyone else is saying.

There will never be a cap. But if you think about it MA already regulates this game with drop rates on items. If they want something to increase in value it becomes rare or less common (mm?) , but on the other hand if they want an item to have lesser value it becomes a more commonly seen drop (atau,btau, many others).

just my opinion.

but on the other hand if they want an item to have lesser value it becomes a more commonly seen drop (atau,btau, many others).

just my opinion.

Or a better alternative shows up. I don't think you'd find a lot of people paying money for ordinary Justifier Mark IIs anymore when there's almost no circumstance where they are as good an option as SIB weapons.

I am curious to hear how the OP proposes to impose a cap.

As much as I`d like to be able to afford one of everything no. Otherwise it would be less than a real cash economy. And with expansion it stands to reason there will be ever increasing value of things in EU. I wonder how much a planet will sell for?

I think it needs to stay a free market. I think people would go to the streets to bypass a cap anyway, if one was imposed.

There are certainly things that I think are too expensive today. But someone is obviously willing to pay that much or the markup would fall.

I think it needs to stay a free market. I think people would go to the streets to bypass a cap anyway, if one was imposed.

Good point

What is "freefall inflation"? Did you mean "skyrocketing inflation" or deflation?

As others stated above; No cap

No, Quite simple the market doesn't need to be capped. Some item's are priced they way they are for a reason of rarity and status image.

Besides the crappy market IRL is already affecting it in here some ways. Alot of things have gone done in value over the past couple months.

example cognac coat 2 months ago plus 400 now its like 200-250.

Back