Question: Sib?

Pieman93

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Matt Dobbo Dobbins
Sorry if this should be in a different forum but i wasn't sure where to put it.
So i was on the auction looking at some weapons and i noticed i was SIB on only hit on some and only damage on others.
I was wondering do you have to be SIB in both to feel the full effects of SIB or if you're only in one do you not feel it at all??
Also say i want an Isis CB13, do i have to of got pass both lvl 11 on damage and hit before i can use it or only one??
Thanks in Advance to all who help :D

It's quite simple really. If you (hit) skills are in the appropriate range then you will get SIB on you hit skills, if your (dmg) is in the appropriate range then you will get SIB on (dmg) skills. So yes, you will get maximum SIB when both (hit) and (dmg) are in the appropriate range.
Whether this SIB is constant throughout the range is a matter of some controversy.

In brief

Sib can be most simply explained as follows:

When u have not maxed a sib weapon - but u are close - you will get a skill increase bonus.

The Hit and Damage Proffesions for a weaon are for the most part separate. So it occurs that u have "not yet/yes" "yes/not anymore" or even "not yet/not anymore".

There is no harm in using "yes/not anymore", then u will only get SIB for hit, but not for damage (or vice versa).

Do NOT use any weapon or tool that says "not yet". You will have 0 hit/crit and/or ½ damage on those.

It is possible to even out your proffesion standings if they have gotten very skewed. Either you can chip in appropriate skills, or pick the proper weaon to raise the skills u need.

Any further questions feel free to ask ;D

Back