Question: Side by side configuration error!!

I just cant get this to work.
Am on XP.
Get this configuration error and try to install message.

Try to get the fix from microsoft downloads about 20 times but there is another message. Cant show this page, check your connection...

What to do?

Quoting myself here.
It looks so easy and so many saying. Yep it works...
Why cant I get to the download of the C++ patch?

Even tried blocking the firewall and antivirus for a while..
I get to the download page. Press download and it says no connection to the page...
Frustrating..
Stupid MA doing this to me..

Any suggestions?

:) :)
Looked for C++ in add remove programs. Then looked closer and saw Microsoft C++..
Removed it, launched the client and it installed C++ for me..
Still cant download from the microsoft page...

Login screen is nice.
:)

Last edited:
+ Rep....thanks for the fix :yay:

Quoting myself here.
It looks so easy and so many saying. Yep it works...
Why cant I get to the download of the C++ patch?

Even tried blocking the firewall and antivirus for a while..
I get to the download page. Press download and it says no connection to the page...
Frustrating..
Stupid MA doing this to me..

Any suggestions?

:) :)
Looked for C++ in add remove programs. Then looked closer and saw Microsoft C++..
Removed it, launched the client and it installed C++ for me..
Still cant download from the microsoft page...

Login screen is nice.
:)

if you get to the login screen it is working alright. No need to download anything from MS

If you get this error with vu 10.

What os are you running xp, vista, win 7? 32 bit or 64 bit and so on?

trying to gather a list to update my bugreport to ma.

so far we got

Vista 64 Bits SP2
windows 7 64bit

i'm on a XP SP3.. and get an error.. :mad: can't enter on Entropia universe 10.0

I have win xp sp2 ... problem is ... can't get on microsoft site :/ Any sugestions ? Ofc i get the error....

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon julma
I have Vista 32-bit SP2

I think i did all things what was mentioned in previous posts, but not working im kinda lost with computers anyways so could someone be even more spesific what to do?

Just got told they are still using C++ 2005

Do this first, download and install C++ 2005 redist SP1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavawalker
If so, the 2005 SP1 redistributable is required.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Do this second, install security hotfix for C++ 2005 redist SP1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wody
Direct link to the package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

See if it works after doing those two.

this might work for vista .............

but this works for windows XP proffesional aswell

the clientloader really works ..... i cant believe it ... i go cry now

i have service pack 3 but dun think it will make much difference i think.,, i hope

Last edited:
well running the install now...looks like a long one but I'll have to report any problems...well I guess I'll just take a look at this thread instead XD

Side by Side Error?

Ok will someone please explain a fix for MA's screw up, And please explaine and put up links that people like me that are Computer Stupid can understand.

Ok will someone please explain a fix for MA's screw up, And please explaine and put up links that people like me that are Computer Stupid can understand.

If i was able to do it, you should certainly be able! Basically, just go to post #7 of this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/159334-side-side-configuration-error.html

What i did is i downloaded the file from the first link, installed it and it still wouldn't work.

Downloaded from the second link, it seemed like the same file (might not be though?), installed it, then it asked to restart my computer and then EU worked.

Do that and i think you'll be good to go!

At last count 71 side by side error threads all pointing to the one with the fix!

Forum search function must be broken

Ye C++ 2005 redist SP1 worked for me, when you click the link to install C++ 2005 redist SP1 choose right processor type for C++ 2005 redist SP1, i had x86, i did struggle installing x64, no wonders it didnt work, LOL

This Computer -> Advance -> Device Manager -> Processor (CPU) -> Advance -> Information -> Check what type. Download right type, tada works. On my minimum requirement shit computer :D

The easy way. ( Running Win7 x64)

So I had this problem to. Solved it by uninstalling all c++ installed on my pc (Will install those i need later when asked). Started the EU installer (already had EU installed). Then the installer told me that i didn't have c++ 2005. I just had to accept the installation. After c++ is installed I canceled the EU installation.
Then no problems.

I uninstalled the Visual C++ 2005 packages and installed as described in post #7, but that didn't work.

I uninstalled the Visual C++ 2005 packages and let the VU10 installer install them... Side-by-Side error fixed. (Vista Ultimate 64bit)

This is probably the easiest and quickest way to go. Uninstall any Visual C++ 2005 redistributable, then let the EU VU10 setup program install the version it wants. Seems the VU10 installer only recognizes if C++2005 is installed, but perhaps not the version? A not so easy to answer question.

The login screen looks nice :yay:

See you in VU10, when the servers are back up. :cool:

To avoid confussion, post updated :D

For anybody receiving the side by side error,
regardless of Win OS version your using.

Including Vista x64 and Win7 x64.

Just got told they are still using C++ 2005 :)

Do this first, download and install C++ 2005 redist SP1

Do this second, install security hotfix for C++ 2005 redist SP1

Entropia CE2 Client is x86 (32-Bit) software, not x64.
Please download from the above links the x86 files.

That worked for me, 711 if your reading this it might be a good idea to add these two files to the download. It will save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the tips and your both genius Wody and Lavawalker!!!! ++rep

Last edited:
i am confused as he!!

I have tried all of the above fixes other than un/reinstall EU and i am still get the side xside error please pm me with a dumba** proof of fixing this problem

ps i am running visa 32 bit os

That worked for me, 711 if your reading this it might be a good idea to add these two files to the download. It will save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

No worries,

In most cases only the second link (hotfix) is required.

However it seems some were not getting it work :dunno:
But after doing both, it did for them. No idea why this is so.

The hotfix contains the orginal C++ 2005 SP1 data as well.

It worked!! Now i just have to patiently wait for the servers to come up to log in (NOT a virtue of mine!)....

Santig Kendala :cool:

I've got the side-by-side error too, but as I'm unable to download any of the suggested fles to fix it, only option left is to uninstall that C++-whatever-crap, which I don't know how to do. Someone said that it was described in post #7, but I tend to disagree. Can someone please explain?

I'm running vista 32bit

edit:
Never mind, figured it out.
Just got to add/remove programs (or whatever it's called these days) in control panel and find the microsoft c++ 2005 thingys and uninstall them after which you can start EU installer again, which will install whats needed I thing even without you needing to reinstall the entire game.

Last edited:
I've got the side-by-side error too, but as I'm unable to download any of the suggested fles to fix it, only option left is to uninstall that C++-whatever-crap, which I don't know how to do. Someone said that it was described in post #7, but I tend to disagree. Can someone please explain?

I'm running vista 32bit

Try post # 8 :D

Here is info on what that C++ whatever-crap is all about:

All programming based languages have a runtime redistributable that is a seperate file from the company that provides the programming language tools.

Usually when an organisation release software that is written in a language such a Visual Studio C++ 2005, they bundle their software with the runtime redistributable that supports the execution of the libraries which have been written & compiled in that language.

For Visual Studio C++ 2005, it is the VS C++ 2005 Runtime redistributable which has been missed (or not installing as it should have), hence the links provided to get the most update release version of it & the security hotfix which has been released for it.

It is not necessary however to continue getting the most recent up to date version once you have it installed, the client update software from FPC once activated after VU10 goes live will handle all future updates relating to the such automatically as per FPCs' wishes to have that component updated.

We just did it the manual way this time around ;)

I just tried to dl it, and it gave me an error saying "this security update is not required for your type of processor" :bs:

Im running a AMD Phenom 9500 (i know! i know! shh!) w/ Vista 32 bit.

The original link in Post #7 is the one your after (Do this first link), you do not require the hotfix by the sounds of it.

I do not have an AMD, maybe this is why some were getting the hotfix to work and some were not ;)

Ok I feel normal now for suggesting everyone to install both one after the other :D (What's normal again?)

"this security update is not required for your type of processor"

You tried to install the x64 package, instead of the required x86 one. Try that one.

Many thanks and +rep, worked a treat on w7rc64bit and xp pro

Fantastic :yay:

Rgds

Ace

You tried to install the x64 package, instead of the required x86 one. Try that one.

Ah yes, x86 only, x64 is useless even to those using x64 windows
(unless your running 64-bit apps written in C++).

Entropia CE2 client is x86 software.

Thanks to all that posted useful info on the C++ fix and exactly how to do it.
It would be nice if the OP would take a few minutes and update the first post to include the fixes.

I had got this error:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Note - for myself running XP I had installed the redistributed one by following the info in post #38 to update everything as I needed to do it anyway but it still didn't work. I unistalled both C++'s, then re-installed EU and it did install the correct one on it's own and it then worked.

Oh, when I launched it I did get an exception error... forgot to write it down :( I just tried again and it worked.

I had got this error:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Note - for myself running XP I had installed the redistributed one by following the info in post #38 to update everything as I needed to do it anyway but it still didn't work. I unistalled both C++'s, then re-installed EU and it did install the correct one on it's own and it then worked.

Same OS and error for me.

After installing the C++ stuff I also still had the error, but instead of uninstalling anything I clicked on the EU Setup.exe, immediately got some sort of blah blah out of date C++ message and setup aborted.

However, everything worked fine after that without having to install or uninstall anything else. :)

Ok... Hi all

I had the issue opening entropai client loader.exe .. said "error.. plz reinstall"

I have just updated Visual c++ on microsoft website and then it works and without rebooting...
So try this before uninstall and reinstall client... that takes a lot of time...

Hoping it will help..

Bye

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the people earlier in this thread who posted how to fix this particular problem.

I'd just like to post this with screenshots for anyone who is still having difficulty as it was pretty frustrating / and names of download links and file names is a bit confusing.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

cplus1.jpg

Install this file.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

cplus2.jpg

Further down the page:

cplus3.jpg

File appears to be identical but is slightly larger:

cplus4.jpg

Install the 2nd file.

Job Done. :thumbup:

Back