Since there is z theory that less efficient weapons mean more loot...

Zanathos

Dominant
Kovathos Kova Landrunner
I think im gonna try out a hunt with Mann MPH DlxE :p

Or is it the ones that decay the most give more loot? (with that theory though)

in which case im gonna use the EWE EP-38 Night Special :)

hell, maybe ill try to use blp weapons even though ive got almost no blp weapons tech, since they do decay the most ^_^

In which case a jashonich MP for the least efficiency (since the ones below that are too expensive)

or the z1102 for the most decay :)

course im gonna amp the laser weapons with my a105... Might actually try it with the less efficient E-Amp 15 :)

but, not too sure im gonna amp the blp weapons... since the amps cost alot O_O I might get a beast or angst...

Just as a test against this theory :wise:

or is this a bad idea? :laugh:

Last edited:
Tried it with my war axe. Didn't work. ;)

well, my only reasoning to really back somethin like that up is while huntin exarosaur stalkers i decided to use my rep edge battle axe 2x0 which has more decay, RIGHT after i used that i got a 7 ped loot, a 12 ped loot and a 8 ped loot (with items, one had an esi as well ^_^)

and then on my way back to rearm and repair, i got 35 peds (items and such) from a bercelyd.... but i think i killed it with my breer p2a and a105 i think...

lol, akoz got a nice point there. It'll be hard to find a weapon with worse economy then that. Naa, I don't think this theory will work out.

sorry, Akoz, but I have to disagree with you.

I think it is an excellent idea. But I would suggest that the test would only be valid if he was to get a big enough sample size, say 10k shots with each weapon combination. That should be more than enough to prove the theory.

ok, so this new VU has me feeling just a little obnoxious.... :laugh:

bad idea... especially since you seem to be have about 4 or 5 half baked theories there.

but if you did want to try it, bear this in mind - high decay items often transfer that decay to damage. so i think the supposed theory is high decay and low efficency improves loot. so plop a Eamp15 on something like an a&p king or one of the crafted lasers (why do they have such crap eco?) and you're bound to have a hof :silly:

btw, the z in the title was a typo.... i dont know why its there LOL

but, yeah i could try to use whatever combo gives me the most decay and least efficiency... ^_^

How exactly would I be able to figure out something like that? Because having high decay doesnt mean low efficiency

So far though e amp 15 seems to be the worst for efficiency.... and decay

(nevermind.... im just blind, found the stats just now in pe-wiki :D)

what you want to try is this, as much damage as fast as possible and using amps vs unamped but still doing a lot of fast damage i guess.

it's like this, the more your willing to spend the more your likely to get better loot but at the same time lose.

Not sure MA would even factor the weapon into the calc...servers workin too hard as it is. ;)

Skills probably factor...but even then, could be as simple as ammo spent in an area = output randomly. Skills giving the avatar better economy and options of mobs.

Usually lower efficiency has an edge in damage or speed....war axe for example. :) So you can gamble on the tougher mobs that have more ammo spent on em overall with less risk in decay.

Less efficient players contributing to the area theoretically would be more loot though, if the above is true. :)

what I've seen or experienced, loots bigger than global come from every weapon, not closely compareable by eco (kills from opalo up to or down to ASG Swine Delux).

just a little sidenote. look at the ATH list. these entries mostly come from hardcore hunts and harcore spending with the top dmg/sec weapons. that takes it closer to the conclusion that pec/sec spent matters a lot. ok, another big factor seems to be the popularity of certain mob aswell, as recent ATH-s have shown :)

J.

I have seen this myself, Hunting with a FreanD Delta and Dante, The expence of it for the first 200 ped hunt hurt, however after the system seemed to catch up loot got really good, I had my first 2 globals in a row and about every 10-20th kill was a mini global. However... when it didnt work the loss was huge in the end I just about broke even from the start of my testing!

I see it like this, Its like quantity and Quality on a crafting run, Quantity is using the opalo, your gonna get more loot but its less chance of big loot. Big gun that decays a ton is the Quality side where you have a much better chance of a big loot but it will cost you loads to have that chance.

At the end of the day its chance.

tried it already with z1001 and beast, it costs alot and dont make any god damn difference. fun though

when I used blp + plated viking to hunt thori's when I was noob I got much more globals on them than I do now at elite sniper using imk2.

I think the more you feed the lootpool with decay the more chance you have of getting higher loots, but in the end you have to pay a big rep bill after the hunt.

if loot was exactly the same I should be profitting the difference in my decay from back then (ml35+date+doalm+dante+2600+viking/5D+noob skills , I dred to think what that used to cost me on one 600ped hunt lol)

but imk2+no armour+adjfap+decent skills - I make maybe a few peds profit with globals but mostly just loose a little or break even

@threadstarter...

with your theory, if you aim on average loots, i must say no no no way. for good average loot efficiency is what counts.

as for size of globals/hof...i tend to disagree. my first global/hof of 400peds i had with axe1x0 (most eco at that time). my highest hof of 900peds i had while using opalo.

sry :)

Back