Sir Odd's Diary

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/oddpic1.JPG[/wrap]
The Names Bunny. Sir Odd Bunny.

Jack of all trades, master of none, as I'd say.

Odd, bunny, sir odd, OB, doesnt matter what you call me really ('nutbar' is the newest addition).
While most know me from back in my old society (Skilin' Villians) or my old writings (Back in RP), this diary will display my new life in EU (JetStar Alliance) and my new positions at EF.

Needless to say, the past week as been 'busy', with moving around a bit in game and many other things to put in. Don't worry, will tell soon...

Long story short about my background:

My avatar was created November 19 2005. In January 2006, Joined the Skillin' Villains, trained up a bit during my time with the society, then last Thursday I joined JetStar Alliance for a new change and to be with some other friends. While I left a lot behind I knew I would have a lot more in front of me as I continued to skill and meet new friends and contacts.

My primary skills are rifle hunting and ematter mining, with some skills in every profession. During downtime hunting small mob and sweat gathering occupy my time, as well as healing oj's down at Nea's or PA. I hang out either in Sakura City or Argus, so if you should want to find me the chances are greatest there.

When I have more time I will write some more of my experiences.

~Sir Odd

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/oddrifle.JPG[/wrap]After a quiet night of mining and getting a few hits here and there, it was definitely time to hunt. Instead of eating ammo with the MKII, I purchased a GeoTrek LP120. Good rifle, and I just like the noise it makes (a soft 'rat-tat-tat', unlike the bigger rifles). Star, moon and BlackRain all had at least 1 global under their belts already, so I figure Loot was to be found in those mountains...err, exos and corns.

Hit up Akmuul (prime hunting ground when attacker drones are around, though they disperse quickly now days.) I did have quite a bit of fun blasting the mob to kibbles and bits before they even reached me with the new gun, and taking on the occasional cornuacada prowler with taking only a few hits. While the loot was still low, I did get a message I don't get often...more health! :yay:
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/oddhealth.JPG[/wrap]A A welcome sight anyday, almost as good as a global. Brings up the total to 102, and new ranks in first aid and blp tech.

While I have a long way to RDA and other goodies, I accidentally tripped on a atrax provider during my run. These I avoid like the plauge due to their rather senstive range, however with a little work (ok, a bit more than a little) was able to take it down. Just sat there for a second afterward...then I was like 'cool!' So of course I went to find another one, instead I found about 12 on my hide at once, and well...yeah... o_0 (Now I had a taste of my own 'mob herding!')

While it has taken some time to fit in the new group, I think it has gone a lot smoother than I expected. I also have skilled quite a bit in a short time, thus I can halfway keep up with the group in killing and assisting with hunts. While I'm not skilled enough in the art of mob herding, I can help pick off a few at a time to make sure my mates aren't completely drowned in mob.

While all is quiet for now I'm sure more of the journey will come to light...

~Sir Odd

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/fun1.JPG[/wrap]Now while I'm not usually one for attempting to take things with feet bigger than its head, being in the JSA has definitly opened my borders of 'big mob'. The day before BlackRain's "retirement" party, I was invitied to take on some big troxies and spiders. Now, I'm all for team hunts...but don't spiders kill in one hit?

So we made our way west (Jet/MS9/BlackRain/myself) of Fort Troy, and at an outpost we made our way a bit north. Sure enough, there was a big hairy thing hissing and peeving off anything that got near it. So the group unloaded their bravos and I stood watch with the MKII ready. Needless to say the time from when the triggers were pulled to having five dead bodies on the ground was very rapid. So we revived, got back out and shot it again, with same results. Took 5-6 death runs before the bugger came down, with about...3 ped loot :laugh:

Needless to say this went for an hour or two, shooting and dying and getting gypted. After a late night I decided to turn in. Frustrated, and tired, as the hunt was long and I wasn't getting much since I had a 4 second average lifespan to hit anything.

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/lilubber.JPG[/wrap]Next day started just as crappy, however quickly turned upword as I was picking off attackers and saw a green dot on the edge of the radar. So I did the usual defensive maneuver of 'cover my ass' and running back to the border with my tincan chasing me and firing shots all the while. However once on the other side and killing the bot reviled my first 'silent' ubber, a minor TP chip!! While this would have been handy if I didn't have one already, the market price was well worth it, as the same day I put it on auction it sold for 300 PED. This would come in handy as a mining run later that day turned up horrible, but still lots left to play with. Also looted a Isis CB5, which is ok but doesn't have the same punch as the LP120 (which died this weekend :()

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/fefsnot.JPG[/wrap]During a hunt, I took this shot of a feffoid guard and a snablesnot having a chat. Wonder what it was...never did figure it out as both had no loot :rolleyes: But then what do a feffoid and snot have to talk about? Lootius? :laugh:

Till next time,

~Sir Odd

Since my last entry, a lot has happened (good stuff, don't worry.)
Since my initiation into JSA, big mob have always been in order. Thus the global trumpets that were so rare before are becoming more common. Needless to say I'm either piled underneath 4-5 mob at the same time (or back at the RT :laugh:), but it's still a sight. With the EFD contest going on it seems Star is just pullin' 'em in. Last night was no exception with a bot hunt (though I won't go into details...I'm sure Star will elaborate on a bigger scale). I also gained 1 HP during the day, so now I'm at 103.

Last night I was alone in the Sakura Trade Center, as my commrades had flown to CP to play with some aliens. I saw all the Atrox globals go by, so what the heck, went North of Sakura for the small trox/big exos. While I was hoping for a global this guy gave me a bit more...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

My biggest by 400+ ped, I was in a frenzy as I saw the numbers go though...86k oil! I turned to run to the TC, however the sheer weight slowed me to a crawl. So...I crawled my way back, blowing away anything in my path. Was #9 for the day, and I was having trouble shooting with the PM's popping up.

What to do...:ahh:

~Sir Odd

Ok, so it's been a bit since last. Whlie RL has been rather slow for the time being, needless to say my EU carrier has been a rollercoaster of sorts.

Since my last post, I'm now a news reporter for Entropia Forum, so combind efforts online and off have increased alot more than first expected. I did the first articles that happened on the fly (RX Units, VU's etc.), however now I'm part of the "Wendesday's Who's Who" Crew. While we keep all the info backstage, it is exciting, time crunching and times of stress all rolled into one big ballgame. I love the job, don't get me wrong...having the privilage of writing a piece that thousands may see on a daily basis is joyous enough, however standards are set high and all the staff reporters must meet them to ensure a steady flow of frontpage news stories.

Now...in-game news...

Now comfortably fitting into the JSA crew, I am relaxing as a full time ore miner now. While ematter mining was 95% of my early mining carrier, the amount of tinys and very poors was very depressing, even the times I had a amp attached. While there is certianly more risk in losing more faster in ore, I enjoy seeing the sights of small and average hits more commonplace. I break even or profit on most runs, and use the earnings to repiar my current mining equipment that are in need of long overdue repairs.

Was blessed with this beauty two nights ago...

"Now why didn't that noob post it in the HOF forum?! Well, it was my highest mining hit yet, however I'll wait until something nicer comes along.

Two others...

I'm still no hearder now than I was back in 2006, however a small rush comes through when the mob are literaly stacked against us. :eek:

In finale -- Two pieces of advice

1. Do not mess with explosive rounds during 4th of July.

2. Do not attempt to tamper with MA's storage locker.

A busy week, to be sure :ahh:

I got my master coat :yay:

MasterCoat.JPG

Always wanted one, and was one of my goals of playing EU was to get one. Using the colorator I made it all orange expect for the trimming I left uncolored. I have a few ped left but I got a really nice coat :silly2:

Saw the 'King of the Rig'

King.JPG

While I had little knowledge of the King, I figure this was worth checking out. And it was, even with the bot event going on it was bot free for an hour or so, it was a good time.

Eternal Soul Language

res.JPG

In Fort Argus a buddy of mine, Marcus attempts a ressurection chip and makes it after a few botched tries. The revived (the1) commenced to shoot Marcus, however Marcus shot him dead again. Don't worry, he revived him again...

Land of Confusion (and Exos)

Exohill.JPG

I love exos due to their skins...but not this many :silly2:

As for this whole migration event I enjoyed it. Sure, the typical lag and crashing ensued but that was expected. The Exo elites and Eomon were a nice sight, and certianly stirred the normal crap out of the way.

All for now (Crosses fingers for quick VU 9.0)
~Sir Odd

The diary of the silver surfer

Well, quick VU 9.0 it was as stated in the last line above...

small1.JPG

While I was in the old avatar for nearly two years, I will adept to the new one. I kinda like the new hair, and while I was shooting for a dark brown I think the black/gray mixture is a great combo. The ambliu radar jacket is far more detailed, and the glasses fit perfectly, and not sticking out half a foot like they were before. While some work is still needed (got like black eyes, so the shades work good.) For being completely random, I'm quite pleased with the results. With more options in the upcoming VU, perhaps I'll look more like my old self.

I'm still the silver surfer, however I was able to hop on another computer with the correct shader stuff and lived in color for a few minutes. With some free time coming I can hopefully tend to some EF reporting things.

I'm one hot dude...:laugh:

~Sir Odd

Back