Yeeeaaaaaa!

:handgun: Hurray !!! :dance: :cheer: :dance: :dance: :beerchug:

* giggles like gay

Nice yellow wallet that says "roooaaarrrr" there

BIG gratz to you Skalman!!!!! :laugh:

big gratz ;)

so... much... gold :eek: GRATS! :thumbup:

GO GO!!!!! MOOOOOORE BACARDI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

wow so much gold in one little loot window :D HUGE G R A T Z :)

grats mate, well deserved :) decent loot window i have to say

and skam, very nice writing =)

/dor

This is the first interview i have actually read all the way through.
Finally someone who actually has something to say and has opinions.

Good for you skalman and good job skam (gratz on being beauty queen too) :D
Now interview etopia and get her to list 500 pe bugs ;)

wanda said:
Now interview etopia and get her to list 500 pe bugs ;)
ROFL ! Far far far far too easy for her... Let's say 5 000 and she'll (perhaps) have some dificulties :D

wow!

Graz on the great interview Skam!!!

And Maga gratz to you Skalman for being simply a cool dude!!!!!!

And as we see, it "pays" to be cool and work hard at having fun in PE!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!! Man, Skalman, you ROCK!!!!! You must have worked hard to get an ATH like that!!!! Gratz, Mega GRATZ & more GRATZ, on your ATH!!!!!!

Last edited:
Skam said:
Skalman -A common calypsian?
skalhead.jpg

He's one of the most famous people in Project-Entropia today. Feared and respected, it seems almost like a coincidence he even started with Project-Entropia...

Skalman used to be an elite Counter-Strike, then he went on to be a elite Calypsian. He's 35 years, from Sweden and got recruited into Project Entropia by a contest MindArk held 2 years ago, in October 2003. He learned the very meaning of skills right away. "It was at a lanparty, called Stockholm PangLan, we were there for a Counter-Stike contest, which we won. MindArk showed up and did some promoting of the game, and put up a skilling contest that was going on for about a month. The competition was about gaining most total skills in one month, and I won and a society mate of mine came second." When he talks about his societymate, he does mean Warants. Warants is a society that has exicted in other games before PE, and Skalman has been their leader since '96 "The game wouldnt be the same without them. It's half the game." he says.

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/skal.jpg[/wrap]...Another global?
Its not to come from the fact that Skalman is feared by alot of players. His look just underlines the statement of power, with the stormcoat and black/white outfit. "When i started out in this game it was alot of players that was known for killstealing and things like that. Also you got hunted by cK's in PvP every day. I decided I wanted to be better, to show them how they would feel if someone did the same to them. So I did" he says, and smiles. "And I had a goal in the game, to put up a good fight. And not pick the best players with the best gear or players that has a shitload of dollars in real life. Just do it with the players who wants to have some good fun!" he smiles again, and then goes "ooh nice hof" of a 600 ped Araneatrox Guardian that Starman killed while we were talking.

"Im really tired of players complaining about 'look at starman and skalman getting another global' for example.. Like the hunters in our society goes out with 1000 peds per round and do 1-4 rounds a day.. Someone buys 200 ped ammo and hunt like 2 hours and then cry about it.. Plus the ubers got the fastest guns with more damage and we shoot 10-100 times more mobs. It hasnt anything to do with 'He's uber and MindArk wants him to have it'. Nobody looses more peds then a uber if he's at the wrong place at the wrong time. I can loose 1000 peds in a day, and someone else gets that from the loot pool.. so if someone loose like 100 peds and cry about it, how many hofs does he support? Look at Starman for example. Nobody in the whole game has probably shot more mobs then he has, and I got freakin goose bumps when he got his 19k hof, you know, since he really deserves it!"

Skalman himself is on the All Time High list with a 8768 Kreltin Guardian. It contained Shadow harness, and he points this out as his greatest hof ever and one of the best moment. "I have alot of great memories ingame, like our first spacetrip, finishing my first set of shadow.. when I was in a team and we looted foeripper, The first Landgrab, killing my first Warlock!"
-How do you think the game has developed since you started? "I think MindArk is doing a great job, but I really hope they wont only be building land, spaceresorts and islands.. They have to think of all the players, not only the biggest buyers of the biggest things." -What does PE miss in your opinion? "Some games that equals the players. Like an arena you can enter with the same guns, health or armor. Not uber guns, like 90 health and a Jester or something! Would be fun!" Skalman is in written moment Supreme Master Laser Sniper, and jumping up a professional standing is just around the corner, and has more than 250 hp. Exactly how much, he wont reveal. I find myself a bit astonished over his idea, all this equipment and skills, and he still wants to lower himself to the level of the common calypsian.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/side_756316.jpg[/wrap]MindArk Employee?
But there is people that certainly wont belive he is a common Calypsian by heart and nature. "That was a really sad story" Skalman replies when I ask him about the accusations of him being a MindArk employee. "It was someone who wanted to ruin it for me and others. I have done some supporting of the game by promoting the game at lan partys and so on. But thats just to get more players ingame, and get the economy stronger. If you have tens of thousands worth in the game you start to think of it in a whole new perspective. Like we are infact a part of the whole game, and it is also up to us to make this game grow and be fun for all. Some wants to have fun, others chat, some if here just to make the money and dont care about the game or the players. We all have different goals."

Family vs PE

-You have any idea how much you've invested ingame? "No I havent. I know its alot, but as I see it, it doesnt matter what you do irl, it costs alot to have fun, for example a weekend at town. This game is like a piggybank. You know your going to loose when you go out hunting, but your gear is rising in price over time aswell so that kind of makes up for it. I dont have any regrets in PE, Ive had a blast so far, and if I get something back its great ofcourse. But I havent taken anything out of the game, we are still in the startingfase of the game"
-Does your family and friends understand this? "Well, all my real friends have started playing the game. But its pretty hard for my parents to understand the thing of buying some pixels. But they have seen the progress of the game, so now my mom gives me some advice what to do sometimes even" he says and chuckles. "But if you really dont miss anything irl for the time, its very wise to invest it, to put the cash you have irl ingame and have fun at the same time as you gain something back. Then perhaps you can afford the house or the car or that computer you really want. Aman :cool:

skalman

another great article. keep it up! :)

Been looking for this article!!

Wow!! Been looking for this article for a time now.
When it first came out iwe just started the game and i can still remember the goose bumps i felt trembling down my neck as i gaset upon Scaleman`s hardcore hunter look. This article alone gave me the real kicks to be a hardcore hunter as scaleman. Miss those days. :wtg: Anyways great article Scam, just thought you should know :D

Very nice article to read :)
I would like to say Skalman is one of the best guy I ever known in my life, the in game one and the real one.
I wish you all the best mate :)

2005 article , very nice one!

Heck of a necro bump :eek:

Nice article though,

I remember reading this back in the day, Its amazing how much has changed, it makes me feel really old!

Last edited:
And I had a goal in the game... not pick the best players with the best gear or players that has a shitload of dollars in real life.

Epic lols

:locked:

Havent read this before. Very good read

Havent read this before. Very good read

...same here, missed out on this one, no need to lock it...indeed a very good read! :) I knew who Skalman was before entering this "game" coz of Counter Strike and got curious when I read an article about him in a comp magazine praising this game...little did I know... :laugh:

I doubt those of us who has read it back in the day mind much.

Still, one helluva necro in more ways than one.

"I have alot of great memories ingame, like our first spacetrip, finishing my first set of shadow.. when I was in a team and we looted foeripper, The first Landgrab, killing my first Warlock!"

Yes, I also fondly remember when I looted the last missing shadow part... the feet... ... ...
:laugh:

Man, those must have been the days!

mmm :) Ok time to share some old enjoyments :flip: but shhht ;)

I wish they made more interviews with ubers (i.e. hardcore gamers)
Im not sure but some of the interviews was removed from EF.

Back