Skill Mod % on Sight/Scopes

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
All,

I just wanted to confirm some information I got during a recent test while working on improvements to my internal tracker software and maxing out my weapon.

I can confirm that skill mod % equates to the % of 1 level that the weapon is boosted.

For example, if you have 50% skill mod from 2x sights + 1 scope, you have the equivalent to 1 skill mod enhancer slot.

How it was proven - 54% skill modification

2x sights/1 scope @ rated 129.47 level on 6,920 shots = 0 misses (9.7/10)

2x sights/1 scope @ rated 128.97 level on 10 shots = 1 miss (began missing thereafter)

There was also this assertion, which is more likely and explains the above:

According to my data the skill mod % equates to the % of 1.0 HA points and it depends on the kill distance.
For example: 50% skill mod gives you +0.5 HA bonus on the long distance (= 1 shoot to kill) or +0.25 HA bonus on the short distance (the mob reaches you + many shoots to kill)

p.s. i used L100 non-sib unmaxed gun for the test

The unfortunate part is that it does not act like it visually on the weapon and the language has always been vague, thus creating confusion. Therefore, I request that this be improved to reflect visually on the weapon as well and the language made clearer.

Last edited:
According to my data the skill mod % equates to the % of 1.0 HA points and it depends on the kill distance.
For example: 50% skill mod gives you +0.5 HA bonus on the long distance (= 1 shoot to kill) or +0.25 HA bonus on the short distance (the mob reaches you + many shoots to kill)

Thanks for this - I did another 5,000 shots on similar parameters and this makes even more sense; albeit a bit harder to prove with the nuance. I am going to include both at the top and lean more towards this assertion.

Does it also influence Critical hit ability?
Or only the HA. and if so, how much do evades go down at said 1.0HA?
in example, what does 11/10HA mean compared to 10/10? is it a linear improvement?

From my understanding of previous discussions, the extra landed shots come off of the misses, not evades. Meaning they will only provide a benefit on unmaxxed weapons.
Is this accurate?

Back