Skill Pill Bug? Skills Gains Missing Upon Relog, Materials Gone, Support Non Responsive

Millie

Provider
Amelia Millie Ambrosine
This is a bit complicated to explain as most people don't have experience skilling beauty but I will do my best to describe the circumstances succinctly.

I set up to do a beauty skilling run the a bit ago, specifically hairstylists. I always do exactly 1 hour sessions because skilling beauty can be rather difficult and therefore I opt to use skill gain pills while doing so. It is difficult to acquire the materials in sensible quantities, difficult to find a helper to sit in the chair and of course there is no ped return on the ped spent so it's also a costly activity. Because I chip out some of these skills regularly and because there is no return on this endeavor other than the skill gain rewards, I'm always well aware of what gains I've achieved.

It so happens that the last skilling session was right after having chipped out all hairstylists, plastic surgery and fashion design skills so I am certain I started with 1 skill point in all three of these skills. I always start with a few tutorial style, get-acquainted-with-the-interface hair cuts so that whomever I've hired for a helper (usually pay a sweater for an hour of their time), gets a feel for what I want them to do....click confirm a few hundred times in the hour. After that the standard operating procedure is to take a 1 hour skill gain pill and do as many cuts as possible. I followed this procedure as I always do, used 836 ped TT of materials, and watched my hair skill climb for the hour. The profession increase notifications were coming through regularly and I gained skills and profs as anyone would expect. After finishing the hour I said goodbye to my helper and logged out for the night. The next morning I logged in, took a look at my skills and I had almost nothing at all in beauty. All that I had now was 55 hairstylists, 9 fashion design, and 7 plastic surgery skill. It occurred to me fairly swiftly that these totals wold amount to about what I would have expected to gain on the "tutorial cuts"...the cuts performed prior to consuming the skill gain pill, and that all gains following the consumption of the pill simply didn't register. As I said, during the skilling session I watched the gains and profs increasing as expected, but it seems they some how didn't ever register with the skills database. This is my best guess as to what happened. My money would be on a bug with the skill pills.

I've contacted support, I've received no reply. It will come as little surprise to most that my sense of urgency on the matter is probably a bit higher than MA's and even I do understand it's not the end of the world...after all it's only about $110 USD we are talking about. However I have invested heavily in this hobby, as many of us have. And not just money of course but time also. Many of us have put our hearts into this hobby. It's extremely disheartening to have put so much towards my avatar over the years, to then wonder how many other times I've been cheated by bugs and to be ignored by the support department when I do notice.

I'm hoping both that this thread serves as a warning to the community about this potential issue as well as lights a fire under supports hind end.

Could it be a server reset glitch?
was it the same time MA do server reset, you got skill and later it was not counted
plz keep us posted about this, in the end of the day the skills is all we got

Only thing that makes sense to me here is no response from support.
Seriously though- I know that's not helpful and this sound frustrating.
However, I did have the experience of going on MA website and it have live support chat - I was amazed. I don't know what day/time it was but the fact that existed. Perhaps try - planetcalypso.com and in lower right corner "Chat"

Only thing that makes sense to me here is no response from support.
Seriously though- I know that's not helpful and this sound frustrating.
However, I did have the experience of going on MA website and it have live support chat - I was amazed. I don't know what day/time it was but the fact that existed. Perhaps try - planetcalypso.com and in lower right corner "Chat"
I did try Live Support and they told me that they could not assist me. However they did say that they could escalate the support request but I still have not heard back yet.

A splendid suggestion. I have just now and I have an hours worth of gains in the chat log as I described. I will amend my support case to include this file. Thank you!
So how much was the descrepency when tallying up all skill gains from the chat log?

So how much was the descrepency when tallying up all skill gains from the chat log?
I have not added them up to be honest. However I am certain I was just shy of 2k hairstyists skill when I went to sleep and I was left with only 55 points.

Still no reply from support. I would love to continue skilling while I wait but that seems like that might gum up the works. I guess my ped will remain in my pocket for now. Time to fire up Star Citizen I suppose

Hairstyles have a tendency to go from 2k to 55 while asleep I would say, so Bravo for the realism! ;)

But yes, this is the sort of thing you may only catch once and then faith has been lost as to how many more times it might have been.
On the upside, there are stories of discrepencies where tools that had decayed a bit when logging off were back at the pre-decay level when logging on again. I forget if the limit was 3 peds or 7 peds, but I know it has happened on occasion to me.

Maybe more of us should begin noting our total skill count to chat file or a sticky note before we log off, thus having a record to file to support. Sometimes only a greater hassle seems to push MA into taking action, which is also why problems which only affect a few people (who notice?) are often left for absolutely ages.
Shop owners, people with what used to be nice clothing, even MS owners can all suffer from being not very numerous when it comes to something MA should get round to fixing...

So are the Skill Gain pills a rip-off? I have not tracked my usage of them, but it looks like it would be a good idea to start. Thank you for the information.

:thumbup:

I have not added them up to be honest. However I am certain I was just shy of 2k hairstyists skill when I went to sleep and I was left with only 55 points.

Still no reply from support. I would love to continue skilling while I wait but that seems like that might gum up the works. I guess my ped will remain in my pocket for now. Time to fire up Star Citizen I suppose
I would say start by taking the time to add them up to have concrete proof before condemning everything based on a hunch. People make mistakes but math doesn't lie.

I would say start by taking the time to add them up to have concrete proof before condemning everything based on a hunch. People make mistakes but math doesn't lie.
Well in this case I only need to count the first few to get me beyond the 55 points I have now. It wasn't a hunch. This is the entire reason anyone skills this profession. It would be the same if you went hunting with 1100 ped ammo, re-logged, and had a few pecs left.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/55points-jpg.338559/

I don't upload stuff often and I fear I did it wrong or breached some protocol, but this is a screenshot of those first few cuts which total to 54...plus the 1 I had equaling the 55 I have now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/55pointsb-jpg.338560/

Five minutes later I begin the skilling session. This is often the case because after I show my helper how to do it I say "okay, before I take this pill, now is the time to smoke them if you got them or for bathroom breaks or whatever". It clearly shows I began to earn much more...one gain for 52 points in the first few even.

It's been a couple of weeks and I still have not recieved any reply at all from support at all. I asked Live Support for advice and they said since it had been more than 72 hours they could escalate the support request but that was a couple of weeks ago already as well. In the meantime I do wonder how many other people are losing their skill gains and not noticing? I've been logging in but not playing much and not skilling beauty at all so as to not make the case more confusing. Should I continue holding off on beauty skilling?

It's been a couple of weeks and I still have not recieved any reply at all from support at all. I asked Live Support for advice and they said since it had been more than 72 hours they could escalate the support request but that was a couple of weeks ago already as well. In the meantime I do wonder how many other people are losing their skill gains and not noticing? I've been logging in but not playing much and not skilling beauty at all so as to not make the case more confusing. Should I continue holding off on beauty skilling?
Pretty much par for the course for support...

I would say not to waste a lot of money gaining skills you may not be able to keep. Though I would say maybe try some tests to see if it happens again. Perhaps record a video of you doing another small skill gain run in the same fashion to see and show the bug? Then post it on the forum. Concrete video proof is hard to dispute and might get support of their butts to do something about it, including making you whole again.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. And having the community start buzzing about a video showing we're getting screwed on skill gains we're paying for might be just the kick in the butt that's needed.

I went ahead and tried another single hour of hair skilling. I used the same A10 1mg Neurobiotic booster as well as roughly the same amount of materials(860 ped). Skill gains for the hour totaled roughly 4k points. Immediately following the effort I proceeded to the service building and attempting to chip out some fashion design. The implant animation displayed as normal but once completed it displayed a red message saying "could not execute". Suspecting the issue would repeat itself upon re-log I took screenshots before and after and sure enough, my beauty skills were all reset to where they were at the beginning of the previous session.

Payn-Inc could not execute:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/entropia-2022-02-03-18-14-41-jpg.338582/

Screenshot with skills before log out:

Screenshot without skills after re-logging:

Obviously I won't be trying this again until it is rectified.

Still no response whatsoever from MA, not even an acknowledgement of the issue. Don't we think they should at least say hey we know there is a problem and we are looking into it? What in the world is wrong with these people that they treat such long time paying customers this way? Are my many thousands of dollars no longer of interest to them?

I went ahead and tried another single hour of hair skilling. I used the same A10 1mg Neurobiotic booster as well as roughly the same amount of materials(860 ped). Skill gains for the hour totaled roughly 4k points. Immediately following the effort I proceeded to the service building and attempting to chip out some fashion design. The implant animation displayed as normal but once completed it displayed a red message saying "could not execute". Suspecting the issue would repeat itself upon re-log I took screenshots before and after and sure enough, my beauty skills were all reset to where they were at the beginning of the previous session.

Payn-Inc could not execute:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?media/entropia-2022-02-03-18-14-41-jpg.338582/

Screenshot with skills before log out:

Screenshot without skills after re-logging:

Obviously I won't be trying this again until it is rectified.

I noticed that your mutant investigator on the above pictures changed as well (also technology investigator)

What other skill did you lose?

Well I didn't look but you also gain Genetics from both activities so I would suppose that's the cause.

It took a bit over a month, but I finally got a response from support...

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the delay in your case.

We are investigating your issue and we will get back with a more detailed answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I'm hoping this is the start of an improved support experience.

It took a bit over a month, but I finally got a response from support...

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the delay in your case.

We are investigating your issue and we will get back with a more detailed answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I'm hoping this is the start of an improved support experience.
Though I've seen people get that same cut and paste response only to have radio silence for 8 months+ afterwards. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

At least you didn't get my last support response.

"Thank you for your support case.

We have informed the appropriate team to look into the situation.

Case Closed."
:banghead::lam: :banghead:

Skill pill is easy to check if it adds the %. For example, without skill pill on each time u get a skill experience in chat you get 0.007 in a skill, after u use the pill you should get 0.007 x 5%, 10% resulting in lets say 0.0077. At least for the hyper, they work for sure and rest of accu, deva. Check again, but anyway support (or thats what they should be called, which is not the case, because support should be there 24/7 in a payed service) should answer instant, otherwise theories will come out.

Last edited:
Skill pill is easy to check if it adds the %. For example, without skill pill on each time u get a skill experience in chat you get 0.007 in a skill, after u use the pill you should get 0.007 x 5%, 10% resulting in lets say 0.0077. At least for the hyper, they work for sure and rest of accu, deva. Check again, but anyway support (or thats what they should be called, which is not the case, because support should be there 24/7 in a payed service) should answer instant, otherwise theories will come out.

Also, an elephant can lift barely 1/10th it's weight and an ant can lift like 10^3 its own weight, yet an ant still can't make an elephant do what it doesn't feel like doing.

The problems that have occurred here are other than you think. Skill points have vanished upon re-logging, not smaller skill gains. It not only happened but continues to do so. I also get error messages if I attempt to chip out skills. Honestly I don't believe it has much if anything to do with the pills anymore. There is likely some discrepancy in the skills database which is prohibiting my avatar from doing anything related to the issue. I suppose we can throw "support" in if there is to be a list of what's gone wrong as well, but that's yet another topic I think and and likely been well discussed.

Now the real question is how many other skills/avatars are affected?

Skills = PED = USD

This bug is serious.

MindArk should make the results of this investigation public to the community or be reaching out to any other avatars if affected.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

Also, an elephant can lift barely 1/10th it's weight and an ant can lift like 10^3 its own weight, yet an ant still can't make an elephant do what it doesn't feel like doing.

The problems that have occurred here are other than you think. Skill points have vanished upon re-logging, not smaller skill gains. It not only happened but continues to do so. I also get error messages if I attempt to chip out skills. Honestly I don't believe it has much if anything to do with the pills anymore. There is likely some discrepancy in the skills database which is prohibiting my avatar from doing anything related to the issue. I suppose we can throw "support" in if there is to be a list of what's gone wrong as well, but that's yet another topic I think and and likely been well discussed.
Skills dont vanish just like that, and i start to feel this like the threads with "i'm locked and didnt do anything".

Skills dont vanish just like that, and i start to feel this like the threads with "i'm locked and didnt do anything".
Did you Even look at the screenshots? :p

Well they certainly shouldn't, but do. Any skill gains just disappear when I re-log. Also, I'm not locked out either. You've clearly missed the issue here entirely, but I thank you anyway for your attempt to participate.

Last edited:
It's getting close to 2 months now and still no resolution, or anything beyond acknowledgment of the support case.

Also, It turns out the game is really boring without skills.

Back