Skill Scanner

I donated 1 USD but received nothing:)

mate, i have just arrived home from work half an hour ago... let me check mail first, pls :p

kk, no ones takes me serious with 1 USD donation anyway:laugh:

kk, no ones takes me serious with 1 USD donation anyway:laugh:

Hate to say this but why bother you could have waited until the free release coming later or plugged them in EP for free but that would have taken a little work on your part:scratch2:.

Hate to say this but why bother you could have waited until the free release coming later or plugged them in EP for free but that would have taken a little work on your part:scratch2:.

Because the Skill Scanner banner is much much cooler!:silly2:

Still cant get the new scanner, is there a problem? I have the old one but havent tested if it still works?

Edit: Found the answer why. When will you have the full version out? Dont know if I want to use the beta if it has limited options. And yes I will donate for this awesome tool.

Last edited:
Still cant get the new scanner, is there a problem? I have the old one but havent tested if it still works?

Edit: Found the answer why. When will you have the full version out? Dont know if I want to use the beta if it has limited options. And yes I will donate for this awesome tool.

Make the donation it works fine. I don't think it has limited options or at least I can not tell any differences between this one and the old one except the auto-scan which takes a little longer than manual but is pretty cool.

Thank you

THANKS it works great both ways. You are the man!!!

I have or at least had an account. Doesnt seem to be working for me. If my account is deleted or something I would love to have it back :)

Nevermind, forgot to ALT my Print Screen for window mode :)

Last edited:
recently, i've been getting more frequently those $1-$2 donations via paypal... while i appreciate the gesture, unfortunately paypal charges me a fee for every donation made with credit card, and for low amounts, the fee takes most of the donation away.

as an example, for $1 donation, the fee is $0.34. that's a whopping 34% fee :p so, the net donation i get is 66 cents.

many people usually ask me if there is a typical amount, or a lowest amount. i have posted it before in this thread. let's say minimum is $5, and typical is somewhere in the range of $5-$15.

on a separate note, this is the current status on the scanner development:
- the feedback i've got on the OCR (parsing of skill names and values) is very positive. this was the part i wanted to have more stable before releasing it publicly, so most likely, i'll release the public version (v0.52) during this week.
- i've been reported about some problems (mostly memory and speed), and i have tried to address some of them, while others don't have a good solution. but i don't really need to wait for them to be solved, before releasing the new version.
- this version will have all features enabled: raw and net market value, skill signature, progress tracking, history tracking charts, everything. it will be available for a few weeks, so everyone can try it out for free.
- after that, i will go back to a free/premium model, as before. however it is not decided yet what will be free and what will be premium.

of course, donators (current account holders) will have all features enabled indefinitely. after these few weeks, for new account requests, i will see what model to follow.

I click the Skill Scanner link, it says the .zip file does not exist on this server.

Hmmm

Would be happy to donate when I can get the tool~!

I want to upgrade my sig!!! :wtg:

I click the Skill Scanner link, it says the .zip file does not exist on this server.

Hmmm

Would be happy to donate when I can get the tool~!

I want to upgrade my sig!!! :wtg:

hi mikaile,
the link to the beta version was posted in this thread a few days ago:

i have uploaded a beta version restricted to existing account holders. as soon as i get confirmation of how it is working, i'll make it available to everyone.

you can get v0.51 beta here:
http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/Scanner51beta3.zip

if you want to try the "auto-scan" feature, do the following:
- click the auto-scan checkbox
- in EU, open a skill window and pick a section with multiple pages (for instance, "all skills"), and start the process with PrntScrn.
- you will hear a different sound when the page is processed, and then you can browse to the next page (no need to hit PrntScrn anymore); wait for the new scan sound in every page.
- the scanner reads the page count (1/20, 2/20, etc) and keeps track of which pages you have scanned, and keeps going in auto until there are no more pages left to scan
- when the process is done, you will hear the old "success" sound, and you will see all skills scanned in the grid

Hi!
Im having some problems with the skill scanner, and i hope someone might be able to help out.

I have the laster version of the scanner Skill Scanner V0.51 (02-Feb-2014), and the latest jre pack, running windows 7 x64, but it doesnt work at all, dont get any data in the scanner program.

The clipboard works fine BUT not when i have started the skill scanner, then i cant take prntscrn anymore, for example prntscrn and paste in paint or other programs. Tried all the options i know of and would appreciate any kind of help to get it to work.

Thanks.

as of now you need an account with jdegre, triton

How's that confirmation coming along:dunno:

as i posted a few days ago (here), the tests on the OCR itself were very good. now, i only have to find some time to iron out a couple of glitches here and there, not related to the OCR itself, but the most important part seem to work pretty well.

as of now you need an account with jdegre, triton

Ahh okey, so its not really a error on my side, the "only" thing missing is the account?

as i posted a few days ago (here), the tests on the OCR itself were very good. now, i only have to find some time to iron out a couple of glitches here and there, not related to the OCR itself, but the most important part seem to work pretty well.

It works, just a bit of delay and not sure why. I'm happy to test some more when you release the next update.

Nice job m8!!

It works, just a bit of delay and not sure why. I'm happy to test some more when you release the next update.

Nice job m8!!

I think the old way does work much faster but the new way is easier for the lazy guy like myself:). I would think the delay would have to do with making sure that the screen after a mouse click is different. I think the mouse click is captured to indicate you have moved to the next screen, however you may have click somewhere else so it would need to be checked. I am not sure if each row is compared to data already captured but that would be my guess because you may have hit the back arrow by accident. Just a guess.

I have becomme a bit confused over the last posts. So just let me get one thing straight, the skillscanner will only be availeble for donators?

I just wondering since i my self maybe used the old skill scanner once a year or every second year even. So of pure lazyness im waiting for a free version.

So just to clarify this. Will there be a public (free version) released in 2014 or would i need to dust of my old calculator ;)

cheers

jdegre said a free public skill scanner would be available last week. (Post 1120 in this thread)
Some delay, im waiting for the free version aswell.

is there any other skill scanner which can calc tt value of the skills/esi and market value?
Incase the free release takes another 3 months.

jdegre said a free public skill scanner would be available last week. (Post 1120 in this thread)
Some delay, im waiting for the free version aswell.

is there any other skill scanner which can calc tt value of the skills/esi and market value?
Incase the free release takes another 3 months.

I am not aware of anything that would replace this tool.

It's really not much trouble getting an account.

You can just trade him ingame, telling him what username and password you want, and you have an account in one minute.

404 - Document Not Found

The requested object or URL, /pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip was not found on this server.

The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

:(

Originally Posted by jdegre View Post
i have uploaded a beta version restricted to existing account holders. as soon as i get confirmation of how it is working, i'll make it available to everyone.

you can get v0.51 beta here:
http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/Scanner51beta3.zip

:yay:

Last edited:
scanner51beta3 works fine for me. Thanks jdegre!

any update when this will be available for all? thanks

All working good so far for me Jdegre, except one thing.

My sig shows me as 25 in Sweat Gatherer, but my skill is 24.7. Does it round up or is it an error?

Cheers

Derid

PS. _Yhea I know, nobody cares bout sweating, but right is right! ;)

All working good so far for me Jdegre, except one thing.

My sig shows me as 25 in Sweat Gatherer, but my skill is 24.7. Does it round up or is it an error?

Cheers

Derid

PS. _Yhea I know, nobody cares bout sweating, but right is right! ;)

I tested with mine and it does round up.

Back