restarted laptop and tried several several times
still the same ;/

i even downloaded 'fresh' program, still same

Last edited:
yeah, thats how i do it always

restarted laptop and tried several several times
still the same ;/

i even downloaded 'fresh' program, still same

you can try sending me a screenshot by email, and i'll have a look a it, just in case...

remember to take the capture in BMP or PNG (not JPG), and send it to jdegre@gmail.com

e-mail sent
thanks for super-fast reaction!

yeah, i got your screens and i could reproduce the error on my side, so it is for sure an application error. i'll try to make a fix shortly. thx for reporting.

yeah, i got your screens and i could reproduce the error on my side, so it is for sure an application error. i'll try to make a fix shortly. thx for reporting.

looks like something changed in last EU update
but strange that so far it's only changed for me

do anybody have same problem recently?
or something with mine laptop...?

looks like something changed in last EU update
but strange that so far it's only changed for me

do anybody have same problem recently?
or something with mine laptop...?

no, it was a much simpler issue :p it was a programming bug, that only happened when the skill window was placed at certain positions.

i hope i've fixed it in the new version, 0.36, just uploaded to the server.

no, it was a much simpler issue :p it was a programming bug, that only happened when the skill window was placed at certain positions.

i hope i've fixed it in the new version, 0.36, just uploaded to the server.

:yay: it works now!!

so basically problem was that i moved skills window to other place on screen?

thanks for fixing that!
+rep next time as i need to spread ;)

v0.37

just uploaded version 0.37 to scan correctly the Force Merge skill.

many thanks to MadSheep for providing lots of useful data re: this skill and the MF professions.

very good, +rep to Madsheep!

Will the optimizer tool be updated as well?

While you are at it, you might want to change the line in the "show all skills" tab that states that ~100,000 skills = top50 society. It's ~150,000 now and our soc is at position 47 so I know this pretty accurately,

Thanks as always for the hard work and keeping one of the most useful tools accurate!

/Slupor

just uploaded version 0.37 to scan correctly the Force Merge skill.

many thanks to MadSheep for providing lots of useful data re: this skill and the MF professions.

Thanks a lot to all for krrping working on this very good tool :)

Will the optimizer tool be updated as well?

While you are at it, you might want to change the line in the "show all skills" tab that states that ~100,000 skills = top50 society. It's ~150,000 now and our soc is at position 47 so I know this pretty accurately,

Thanks as always for the hard work and keeping one of the most useful tools accurate!

/Slupor

yes, the optimizer will be updated as soon as I have time to figure out the % of FM in the different professions. it should be pretty straightforward with the data I got from MadSheep, but I've not had time yet, and I'll be on biz trip for the whole next week. i'll try to do it as soon as I'm back.

in any case, since the profession levels are calculated server side, it will require only a tweak on the server to update it... no need to change the scanner. and all the skill data sets saved will be still valid, since the skill history and everything is calculated on real time, not saved as part of the skill snapshots.

and thanks for the update on the soc skill data... i'll try to update it next week as well.

Nevermind, figured out my issue.

Still loving the app :)

Last edited:
hi have bin trying to use the skill scanner, but it dose not capture all my skills and when it dose it captures skills i even have not got like commando and kill strike(wish i do though lol) have tryed running in window mode and then starting scanner but the same things happen, not sure how to take a screen shot to send you but any advice you can give me me would be most helpfull :)

hi have bin trying to use the skill scanner, but it dose not capture all my skills and when it dose it captures skills i even have not got like commando and kill strike(wish i do though lol) have tryed running in window mode and then starting scanner but the same things happen, not sure how to take a screen shot to send you but any advice you can give me me would be most helpfull :)

Don't use windowed mode to scan your skills, if your screen resolution is low enough, it will "swallow" some lines to make sure there's enough place for the window bar on top.

Why it scans skills you haven't unlocked... no idea, but i am sure when you send a screenie to Jdegre he will look into it.

yeah, i need to have a look at your screen shots to see what's wrong in your setup. maybe it's the gamma setting, that may be too high or too low. i'd suggest to use FRAPS to get one screenshot in BMP format, and email it to me.

the scanner usually runs better while running EU in window mode, since gamma setting does not affect in that case. also, if you have set a very high AA mode in your graphic card, try using a lower AA mode, or no AA at all.

em,ail sent, thanks for the reply :)

thanks for your help jdegre, got the problem sorted i just needed to change resolution in window mode to get it to work :D

Are professions still working?

I read back a couple of posts .... PayPal on it's way :)

Question: Just used the scanner after a while and was wondering if it should still calc professions? :scratch2:
Answer is - make a donation
Works nice and fast in window mode I have to say.:cool:

Last edited:
I have made a donation but still no skill calculations. Do I need to wait a while? Great tool tho tx :)

I have made a donation but still no skill calculations. Do I need to wait a while? Great tool tho tx :)

It's not automated (you i.e. need to provide a username/password for the account on the server)..

Just send Jdegre a PM and tell him about it.
(as far as i remember, he even requested some kind of notification somewhere in this thread)

yeah, as wizzszz says, i have to create the account manually with a user/pwd of your choice, or i can make random ones for you. i replied a few minutes ago to the email address i got from the paypal notification msg.

v0.38

I have uploaded a new version, 0.38, fixing a couple of minor bugs:

- The window size of the scanner was not correctly remembered between sessions, and the size was getting smaller every time

- The calculation of incremental skill TT values is now more accurate, so now the tool should be better suited to keep track of skill gains in small runs

I have the latest version of skill scanner <Skill Scanner V0.38 (03-Apr-2011)>, and JAVA updated as well...

Press PrtScr and it goes "DdunDunk" Data! Nothing found!

I have the latest version of skill scanner <Skill Scanner V0.38 (03-Apr-2011)>, and JAVA updated as well...

Press PrtScr and it goes "DdunDunk" Data! Nothing found!

Are you running EU in full screen mode? if so, try running it in window mode, at least while you're scanning your skills (you can switch very easily with alt-enter, and then switch back to full screen to continue playing, when you're done with the scanner).

Are you running EU in full screen mode? if so, try running it in window mode, at least while you're scanning your skills (you can switch very easily with alt-enter, and then switch back to full screen to continue playing, when you're done with the scanner).

OK, thank you... that worked for skills, but not for professions.

The professions scanner hasn't worked for me in... months. Any hints for that? :scratch:

OK, thank you... that worked for skills, but not for professions.

The professions scanner hasn't worked for me in... months. Any hints for that? :scratch:

There has never been a profession scanner, they we're always calculated from the scanned skills.
And it stopped working because it's restricted to account holders now.

Getting an account (which will i.e. enable you to use the skill history) is easy: Donate!

There has never been a profession scanner, they we're always calculated from the scanned skills.
And it stopped working because it's restricted to account holders now.

Getting an account (which will i.e. enable you to use the skill history) is easy: Donate!

Is there some kinda "demo-version" to see what u get? How much is required to donate to get one?

Is there some kinda "demo-version" to see what u get? How much is required to donate to get one?

in addition to what you can do with the free version, if you have an account, you get:
- calculation of professional levels
- calculation of skill TT value and skill net value
- progress tracking of skill gains per run
(the demo of the above is, well, basically the empty grids you see in the scanner, will not be empty anymore :p)
- 1-click upload of your skills to the chipping optimizer web app.
- skill/profession history tracking, check the link provided by wizzszz before (here it is again: http://jdegre.net/pe/charts/skillhist.php). if you want to see some fancy charts, enter "jdegre" in the username box, and leave the pwd empty.
- dynamic forum sig ("dynamic" as in "always up-to-date")

Back