FYI: Skillgain mining, ALL of it.

And you need to read up on how MA makes their money, How much money you ever make from a system MA will never loose. The only one loosing is another player.

Yes, MA will never lose being the game host that's for sure.
What I am saying is if "another player" will also use your system and profit who will lose money then? There can not be a profitable system available to everyone which is what you are trying to come up with here.

Last edited:
No matter how many that knows how system works, we will never be able to pull out more than we put in, in a longterm p.o.v.

True. True. True. As well as it isn't possible to find "something which will work for you" because if there was such a thing for available for everyone there would be no need for depositing.

MA won't change anything - there is no system to be cracked, and even if you find a claim on every single drop, you will not get more TT back than every other miner out there.
It doesn't matter if we crack the system, as long it sin't exploitable...

Still, when it comes to "the system" there must be some (lame) excuse for hunting and mining not to be officially recognized as gambling?

And it can not be skill related because if bigger skills give you a bigger chance to profit it's still gambling.

and it's funny that with these forums you get used to making some words bold so what you are saying is better understood.. before the internet people worked under the delusion that every word in a sentence was meaningful and put there on purpose so the whole sentence must be taken into consideration.. if you are still reading you probably agree ;o)

Last edited:
Can you get a CGA gain from dropping a bomb whilst standing facing a wall on CND?

If so what does it mean?

Walls on cnd aren't actually there. If you get in mountainy domes, you can actually pass through the wall into another dome. Just need to figure out which dome is next to the dome you are in.. lol

Walls on cnd aren't actually there. If you get in mountainy domes, you can actually pass through the wall into another dome. Just need to figure out which dome is next to the dome you are in.. lol

sort of what i thought also, as a orefield is most often 1000m wide or rather certain ore is within 1000m then it changes slightly.

If this theory is right and everyone will follow it and stop loosing money MA will change the mechanics of mining and "the theory" will stop working...

..or more likely MA change the mechanics as you happen to come anywhere close to understanding any part of it so what's the point of this exercise? :)

If his theory was right then everyone denying the theory must be working for MA. MA needs a profit, they can pay a few famous miners to deny the theory in order for them to make a profit. /endrant

Interesting find, I'll give this a go next time I go to CND! Still, pretty sure you can't get a claim on the other side of the wall...

True. True. True. As well as it isn't possible to find "something which will work for you" because if there was such a thing for available for everyone there would be no need for depositing.
It's simple, if it seems too good, it often is so too. They do have tools
that can monitor in and out in many actions, when a action with Out
is continously higher than In, they do something about it. Not due to
greed, but due to wrong settings from begining. No action is ment to
give profit in the long run... ;)

Still, when it comes to "the system" there must be some (lame) excuse for hunting and mining not to be officially recognized as gambling?

And it can not be skill related because if bigger skills give you a bigger chance to profit it's still gambling.

and it's funny that with these forums you get used to making some words bold so what you are saying is better understood.. before the internet people worked under the delusion that every word in a sentence was meaningful and put there on purpose so the whole sentence must be taken into consideration.. if you are still reading you probably agree ;o)
I think I see more and more stuff on why it isn't gambling, but I guess
it's up to each and everyone to find out. But even if it is quite controlled, the impression can be as if there are randomness ...
Maybe there should be more hints from MA about it, but that might also
destroy the illusion of "easy" profit... :D ;)

I know this is probably considered necro'ing to those anal-types out there, BUT...

I just thought I'd point out that legion STILL simply talks nonsense and as yet has failed to produce ANYTHING at all that would suggest his so called "theories" are anything more than the equivalent of a FOX News broadcast - dribble.
Where's your proof chap? Or you finally wiped your mouth of the brown residues?

I win. :yay:

Say I am out mining, I get a SG sating there's something to my front.
I look, and just outside aggro range sits a massive mob.
Since the hex grid rotates with me...how cool, I can turn and place the find in another direction ?

Also, assumng the message is correct and it takes a few bombs to find this claim added to the one which gave you the SG...that could be a fair number of bombs for a very small claim ...and the norm seems to be around 25% ratio of finds to bombs dropped for most miners?

Does a SIB finder produce more ores in the ground around you? It will produce more skills, so it should according to this theory no?

Finding a claim is not the main part of mining, it's markup, it finding larger claims with markup. You don't do that and you'll lose everytime.

Finally, lots of people have run experiments and projects just for fun, camping mobs or mining from n00b or after chipping out....why not simply do the same and record the results to finish all scepticism and prove once and for all the truth? Nothing to lose if it works so well really I thing?

This definitely won't work on CND...and the reason is obvious. There aren't claims so close that you can follow them. They are larger there and sparse. The finders have much less range there too. IF you get the same skill gains there it isn't due to being surrounded by ores and enmatters within finder range. This I am sure of, I have tried it out. I got skill gains just the same and hardly a claim within range in ANY dorection even assuming normal finder range which isn't the case in reality.

Some of this theory may be true, but if it all were..you'd be loaded and so would anyone using it. MA would alter the way things worked and a new theory would be required. One dead golden goose.

t

I know this is probably considered necro'ing to those anal-types out there, BUT...

I just thought I'd point out that legion STILL simply talks nonsense and as yet has failed to produce ANYTHING at all that would suggest his so called "theories" are anything more than the equivalent of a FOX News broadcast - dribble.
Where's your proof chap? Or you finally wiped your mouth of the brown residues?

I win. :yay:

I still dont have enough cash to prove it as i spend it unvisely as usuall. i will make a post about it when i got enough peds.

Say I am out mining, I get a SG sating there's something to my front.
I look, and just outside aggro range sits a massive mob.
Since the hex grid rotates with me...how cool, I can turn and place the find in another direction ?

Also, assumng the message is correct and it takes a few bombs to find this claim added to the one which gave you the SG...that could be a fair number of bombs for a very small claim ...and the norm seems to be around 25% ratio of finds to bombs dropped for most miners?

Does a SIB finder produce more ores in the ground around you? It will produce more skills, so it should according to this theory no?

Finding a claim is not the main part of mining, it's markup, it finding larger claims with markup. You don't do that and you'll lose everytime.

Finally, lots of people have run experiments and projects just for fun, camping mobs or mining from n00b or after chipping out....why not simply do the same and record the results to finish all scepticism and prove once and for all the truth? Nothing to lose if it works so well really I thing?

This definitely won't work on CND...and the reason is obvious. There aren't claims so close that you can follow them. They are larger there and sparse. The finders have much less range there too. IF you get the same skill gains there it isn't due to being surrounded by ores and enmatters within finder range. This I am sure of, I have tried it out. I got skill gains just the same and hardly a claim within range in ANY dorection even assuming normal finder range which isn't the case in reality.

Some of this theory may be true, but if it all were..you'd be loaded and so would anyone using it. MA would alter the way things worked and a new theory would be required. One dead golden goose.

t

No you cant turn and move the hit, the hit is in the ground, the hex is around you just to see in what grid the possible hit is in and to give the right skillgain, if you turn you will get another type of skillgain (depending on how much you turn).

Depending on what skillgain you will get it will require max 6bombs or probes or 3bombs and 3 probes. But if you know what your doing ie can read the vein it should take less.

A sib finder does not produce any more ore, loot is already in the ground. What it does is ( i think as i havent done any research on it) give you more skillpoins for each skill, not sure though, or it might make it easier to get green lines, not sure on that either though.

I'd dissagree with you, finding a claim is the most important thing, cause if you dont find any claims you dont make any ped at all ;) Also mining this way will make you find the bigger claims as they are part of every vein.

Why do you think you get more skillgains on cnd? the skillgains lead you to the claims, sure they are further apart but you get more skillgains so you can still track the veins and so on. sure i havent tried it up there yet a whole lot but it sure seems to work the exact same way.

I still dont have enough cash to prove it as i spend it unvisely as usuall. i will make a post about it when i got enough peds.

No you cant turn and move the hit, the hit is in the ground, the hex is around you just to see in what grid the possible hit is in and to give the right skillgain, if you turn you will get another type of skillgain (depending on how much you turn).

Depending on what skillgain you will get it will require max 6bombs or probes or 3bombs and 3 probes. But if you know what your doing ie can read the vein it should take less.

A sib finder does not produce any more ore, loot is already in the ground. What it does is ( i think as i havent done any research on it) give you more skillpoins for each skill, not sure though, or it might make it easier to get green lines, not sure on that either though.

I'd dissagree with you, finding a claim is the most important thing, cause if you dont find any claims you dont make any ped at all ;) Also mining this way will make you find the bigger claims as they are part of every vein.

Why do you think you get more skillgains on cnd? the skillgains lead you to the claims, sure they are further apart but you get more skillgains so you can still track the veins and so on. sure i havent tried it up there yet a whole lot but it sure seems to work the exact same way.

More of the same - bullshit talk and excuses.

although i don't mine anymore this is my stories...(both are pre VU10)

1.) was heading West from nympholand, dropped a bomb got a perc and nrf, ran 110m or whatever dbl my radius was and dropped again, got another perc and another nrf, figured i'd test out the perc theory, i turned around headed E/NE to make sure i overlapped a lil bit and hit a XII of Gazz...rest of the run was crap and ended up losing ped, but it's basically the same concept, I used a skill gain to help locate a claim.

2.) was heading SW from argus, got a claim of belkar, and at the time i was a double dropper, dropped another after extracting and got another claim of belk, this continued and within about 75m i had about 6 or 7 claims, all ranging from III - VII, they weren't in a straight line or anything, just kinda clustered there.

i know this doesn't really prove or disprove anything, it's just a couple experiences that i have that can relate to his theories.

I'm trying to read through EF for some info on mining for my disciple. Finding nothing of how to mine other than random, this and "build your own belief". I have to say I am rather dissapointed by the lack of info that has managed to accumulate here.

First of all, I find there is a sense to this theory. For the same reason that shooting at the ground near a mob might render you a skillgain, and shooting at the ground randomly will not give you one.
I.E.
skillgain -> you are close.
no skillgain -> nothing here OR the chance of a skillgain did not proc.

I do however not belive that which skill gained means anything. Now, I have no experience regarding mining skill, but the natural skill distribution does follow the skilleffect%. Suppose a profession in built by e.g. skill A with skill effect 50% and Skill B @ 25%; After a larger set of natural (no chipping) profession skilling activities, one would have obtained double the ammount of skill in A than in B.
Thus what skill is gained is randomized in such a way that the skill distribution is in copliance with the skill effect. And *if* this is correct, *which* skill gained can obviously not tell you anything of where to mine.

This theory is then also ofc dependable on the existance of spawned deposits, be it in veins, spots or otherwise. (I'd prefer a serious discussion of the likelyhood of quantifiable and as small as possible parts of the game mechanics, while this is a full viable mining strategy suite)

So, I'm adding up alot of cons to this theory, BUT, while this might give the same returns as random mining, this theory(or rather strategy) is immeasurably better than no strategy, because even if the spawns(or no spawns) work in this sense, it still would not render worse results than random mining, because the pattern still fits under random as well as any other pattern. If anyone criticizes this strategy *please* post a link to another strategy that you find better.

However, this thread is completely destroyed by senseless trolling and endless remarks pointing out nothing new in 8 pages(I stopped reading after page 9). So what if Legion collects no data, it's his hunch and found belief. Do make a remark to the lack of data, but do it *ONCE*, not page in and page out, trollfaggoting about it in 10 f*ing posts by the same person.

I just wanted to pipe in and say I appreciate Legion's posts. Look, I understand if you don't believe his theories. So then, don't read his posts. That simple. Perhaps you feel compelled to bring question so that noobs don't get 'sucked in'. Fine, question it. But be civil, FFS.

For Legion's part, he could probably make mention that this is theory a little more often.

Numerous times I've gotten a claim that I would have passed by before, using Legion's theories. They might not be 100% (Geology still seems elusive to me), but damned if he isn't on to something. Maybe the house will always win, but if there is a way to fatten my chances, then I'll keep an open mind. Hey, no one thought there could ever be a system that could defeat the house's advantage in Blackjack. Then that little college group developed a mathematically-based method of counting cards...

Either way, I'm breaking even now, which is more that I was before!
Keep up the good research, Legion! :thumbup:

For Legion's part, he could probably make mention that this is theory a little more often.

That's why being civil went out the window about 6months ago.
Tried civil for ages. I even tested his theory... TWICE!
Then I realised this isn't a theory in Legion's eyes - in his eyes this is the way it works.
He tells people "this is the way the system works" on a daily basis. So yes, my continual mockery of him is to point out that he doesn't have any evidence AT ALL that backs up his theory. He just makes some photoshop images with circles and TELLS YOU how the loot system works in the most condescending way as if he actually knows.

But w/e... I've been waiting for a singular piece of factual evidence to support his claims since last year all the while watching him post over and over again why he's right - WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE.

I've come to the conclusion he has some sort of disorder.

edit - wait! he did post video evidence... it was very good evidence!... evidence of how SHIT he is at mining.

Back