Question: Skilling Biotropy

byubi

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
uzumaki byubi naruto
I think people die more at Nea's, so my guess would be to try Nea's. I am not sure about how to advise on the other part of your question, since I am probably not much more than you, if not the same, in biotropy.

Good Luck and happy skilling! :D

Last edited:
*remembers old times at acid pits* :D

I think people die more at Nea's, so my guess would be to try swamp camp. I am not sure about how to advise on the other part of your question, since I am probably not much more than you, if not the same, in biotropy.

Good Luck and happy skilling! :D

But I get more skills when healing people with some skills than n00bs

Its only ok to skill in mind powers if you want to use stronger TP-chips but for the rest is only to waste your money because MA has not dunn enything about the mindpower items in years and event if the player has ask MA for years do do something about mindpower they dont do anything.

start on the lower ones, until the sib runs out then move up to the bigger ones :)

heal chips dont have SIB #D

i did a little test about MF chips btw (see here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ittle-comparison-minor-med-heal-promised.html)

summary, i used a minor heal chip (lvl2) which gave me more skills per ped

in comparison to the powerful heal (lvl8) actually twice as much
or the heal8 50% worse, as you like to see it :)

i don't know if its really worth to skill bio tbh, especially not to read OooOOoOO...
i didn't get to read much since i got ethereal (maybe i should stay near pvp rings)

anyway, i think if you want to skill is, minor is your best bet
ofc, the figures were from me, so you can, and should, do similar tests yourself :)

heal and focus are the two you should skill manualy chip the rest...

i used to spend weeks in swampcamp cause it felt better to help newly hatched noobs then semi noobs profitting slowly in neas...

the way i did it was to use increaing levels of chips, moving up every time the skills started not to show up.

get a potent heal chip asap if your serius about skilling bio as it will be the chip you use for the longest periode ( seeing as the strong is so rare and the powerfull is lvl14.5)

expect massive slowdown in skills earning once you hit lvl 12 ish , unless you can find one of the 5 strong chips to loan that is... ( was easyer for me to find a rez chip than a strong heal FYI)

<= you'll see alot of that

i just whent to where ever there was more people to heal, in the morning there are more people at swamp camp than at nea's for instance

Last edited:
I did most of my skilling @ Swamp (mainly with the belief of helping newly spawned avas while skilling) but ended up @ Nea's every now and then to brake to routine.

I didn't do any serious math about which chip is best to skill with I did all my skillin with a lvl III.

One way or the other...naturally skilling Bio from 0 to 14 will take you some time :eek:

I have only ever self healed with bio (some team mates now and then) on and off between skilling faps, it took me about 8 months with III so I could use VIII (it is 99.9% right now, a few greenlines left to be unlocked). At the times I bought VIII it was the same price as IV, V, VI. Didn't know how long it would take to get there :p

I unlocked Power Catalyst with psychotropy what seems like aeons ago. This skills much faster I feel. If I had any inclination to stand around healing sweaters ... guess a level per day is possible? :dunno:

amount of ME ...hmmm...lol. sometimes go through 5k a day. *240days? :scratch:

If it helps, I also just broke level 40 Psyche :cool:

Skill eco=small chip
Skill fast= as big chip you can use

Skill eco=small chip
Skill fast= as big chip you can use

it's not realy eco if you are after skills to use small chips

you might heal more people for less money but you wont be earning skills

it's like trying to unlock medicine with a fap 5

This is generally true, however bio skilling eco is affected by m/u of ME.

using standard m/u of 200% on ME (because the maths is easier), assuming entropedia is correct and also assuming that volume of skills/ped is the same:
Level I+ II chip
1ME+3 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay(implant decay can vary, ofc)
skill efficiency=5/6=86%
Level III chip
2ME+3 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=6/8=75%
Level IV chip
2ME+4 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=7/9=78%
Level V chip
3ME+4 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=8/11=73%
Level VI chip
3ME+6.5 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=8/11=78%
Level VII chip
5ME+6 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=12/17=71%
Level VIII chip
5ME+7.1 pec chip decay+1pec implant decay
skill efficiency=12.1/17.1=72%

from what i saw on my test when i tracked the skill gain is basically this

i used a chip for ~58 ped, thats with chip decay+ME at 200%+ 1 pec implant decay

here the latest data
with the powerful heal

from
Biotropy 1679,83 (pts) 8,46 (tt value if chipped out)
Conc 1132,59 4,31

to
1695,33 8,56 (bio)
1138,36 4,34 (conc)

diff
15,5 (pts in bio) 0,1 (diff in tt bio)
5,77 (ots in conc) 0,03 (diff in tt)

so for ~58 ped i got 15.5 pts in bio and 0.1 in conc (sorry for the ",", but i copied from excel)

~58 ped with minor chip

from
1709,77 8,67
1143,82 4,38

to
1738,79 8,86
1153,04 4,43

diff
29,02 (pts bio) 0,19 (tt value diff)
9,22 (pts conc) 0,05 (tt value diff)

thats close to twice at much for the same ped spend

i used the minor a bit further, here the results
also with 58 ped used
next run
bio 34,21 (diff pts) 0,22 (tt value diff)
conc (diff pts) 0,06 (tt value diff)

note, more than twice as much

next run
bio 26,2 (diff pts) 0,18 (tt value diff)
conc 9,87 (diff pts) 0,05 (tt value diff)
PC 28,7 (diff pts) 0,03 (tt value diff)

that was when i unlocked PC, wanted to see skill gain :)

i know that i just did a single test with the powerful, so that is for any statistics way too less of course
but considering that it was twice as bad as the minor on the first run i left it
i healed myself during hunting outside of the fights (that had a simple reason, a minor heal chip is twice as expensive to use as a T1 fap, which i had used else, so i just had the additional cost on top of that to worry about, i "saved" the fap decay, since i had healed anyway)

so i was quite interested on how many peds i actually spend to get the skills, to make the cash i spend "more" compared to fapping worthwhile

i started the test with minor and medium healchip, and the medium, the higher chip, was already worse
i don't have that saved in excel, but you might just believe me

i doubt pretty much that you get cheaper to bio skills with higher lvl chips

the "faster" is such a thing
in my case i was faster with a minor, since a powerful had way too much heal for during combat healing
i hunted lower mobs without armor to provoke more higher damage hits, but sometimes i just got damage in the ~20 range
using powerful heal was too much, but i like to have at least 90% HP before fights
so, not useful

if you stand the whole day at swamp camp, what i didn't do because it would cost me a fortune without saved fap decay, it might be faster with a higher chip
but that is quite a might in case of bio
since the loading animation stays the same, thats the same time you spend each time for each chip
the actual chip reload doesn't matter that much

leaves basically the "higher cost-more skills" thing
i guess that is generally true, but in MF you count pretty much with 200% for your ammo
those aren't in the skill evaluation most most likely, since markup isn't MA based, doubt they really take that into the calculation

i think my "record" with heals without skill gain with the minor was 25
the powerful on the only run was 15 :)

guess in the end it comes to the way you want the skills
either fast, by healing at say swamp camp, or "more eco" by healing yourself
likely you can push each of those towards "speed" with higher chips or "more eco" with lower chips again

i went for the "eco-eco" option

if you want to know how much ME i used, no real data, but i can guess

since i basically used minor except for some testing, which needs ~6 pec to use, and needs 1 ME per use
brings us to ~17 ME used per ped (=100/6)

my latest bio skill gain was ~0.5 pts per ped, means 0.5 pts per 17 ME
the 0.5 skill gain interval is around 1400-1800, i am around 1800 now
so count with 400/0.5*17=~13600 ME
skill gain increase from 1000-1400 is around 0.7 per ped (I think), or 0.7 per 17 ME
so, 400/0.7*17=~10k ME

from 500-1000 you can calc with 1 pt per ped (around 800 i had another test with the med, so here i am quite sure)
thats 500*17=~8500

so i guess it took me around 40-50k ME

and yes, i know skill gain intervals vary more than above

and to the time it took, no clue

as i said, i had healed anyway, either with t1 or with minor heal
so it wasn't really a slow down for me
it wasn't a 100% of the time bio skilling though :)

i guess it took some months
i haven't hunted 24/7 either
i wasn't in a hurry

Back