Skilling pistol

FilthyMcNasty

Stalker
Society
NBK Army & Senior NBK Council Member
Filthy FilthyMcNasty Depswa
What is the best thing to skill on pistol? Currently I am using the P3a trying to skill to the Merc. Been hunting molisks and bery's. Any suggestions?

Yea yea, Filthy the miner just became Filthy the hunter. Got to roll with the flow right?

well I'm using he p3a too and i'm hunting argos using my shogun...

But skillin on molisks isn't bad idea :)

Use korss400. Cheap now and lower skill requirements than P5.

I'm using P3a
Actually I've been using my merc and it's not too bad. Based on the stats I have, do ya'll think it is worth it or should I stick with the P3a?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm using P3a
Actually I've been using my merc and it's not too bad. Based on the stats I have, do ya'll think it is worth it or should I stick with the P3a?

well u really lack the skills to use the merc u will loose a shitload of peds when u continue useing the merc with thos skills for sure....

but the p3a is not far away from maxeing u can soon start useing p4aL and if u have money buy an energyamp 104 for the p4aL

with combo p4aL and 104 u can kill low argos or low drones and u dont loose much peds when skilling u also have a good chance to profit with this setup....

regards,
Hermann

Yea yea, Filthy the miner just became Filthy the hunter. Got to roll with the flow right?

I don`t think I can recommend to switch frrom mining to hunting.... usually I do much better in mining.

well i did tantillions with p3a lol from around 500 pistol to like 2.8k pistol skills.
But right now, i would suggest argos.

Go on small argos east of twin with korss 400 when maxed. Put an A104 on it and watch the skills float. Works fine for my wife

I'm using P3a

as others have said you pay to much when you are using the Merc.

With P3 you make an average dmg of 11.04
With the merc you make an average dmg or 21.64 (pershot, not per sec)

The problem with the merc is that you pay for 6 extra ammo to get 10 more dmg per shot.

If you look at a P5 or h400 (good eco weapons) you get around 3dmg per ammo (average) (I know that decay also is included in the dmg/pec but this lvl of laser weapon most dmg comes from ammo and not decay), what this means in your example is that you are paying for 18dmg (6ammo/pec) with the merc that you are not recieving due to low skills.
in a few hunts you will probably not notise a big difference, especially if you are in a good loot period, but after that you have been hunting a couple of weeks you will notise a difference.

I am starting to experiment with unl weapons but so far I have had to step back to the L guns since I pay to much with the unl weapons.
Im at lvl 55hit and lvl 52dmg.

molisks are fun, you should try them, especially now with the SGA loot, and the posibility to loot angel and other cool things from them (cool markup on the teeth too).

Hi,

Use the breer. Just look at the damage interval in your picks. The Merc is a big waste on your level. You can only loose with this setup . And you will shot many misses. Use the breer series untill the SIB is gone.

just realized that you havn't maxed the P3A yet. So i correct what i wrote above. Max it out and go to Korss400 when you maxed the Korss

Thank you all for the replies. I'll stick with the P3 for now untill I can fget the Korss.

Get an A102 anp for the P3a and skill up through the range.

Get the Korss H380, and H400 when you can and get the biggest Omegaton Axxx amp you can fit on the gun.

Thats the advice i have been given here and im about the same skill as you by the sounds of it.

Race ya to H400 lvl :D

P4a + A104 naked @small argos - once you've maxed the P4a ofc.

once you get bored and are skilled a bit more use P5a/Korss400 + A105 on small feffs. naked too ofc :cool:

have fun

S.

After p3a go to H380+A103 and grind drones.
Argo spawns are too inconsistent (young-hunter usually) and therefore you risk lost damage from dying on larger maturities and also armor/fap decay.
Drones spawn at Jason I haven't seen above gen05 I believe and I have been camping them with this setup for about 2 weeks.
I am lvl41 and averaged return is profit, it just seems that everytime I get back above 1k on my card, I go CND or click big BP's or something, lose 80% and start grinding the drones again around 200ped until I'm back near 1k PED.
One run costs approximately 8ped armor decay (shogun+6a) 0-1ped fap decay, ~29ped a103 decay, 10-15ped h380 decay, 100ped ammo = approximately 150-160ped per hunt, average TT return around 85ped TT crap and 40ped Gazz @ 120%.
Every 3rd run on average, brings me a global usually around 90ped.
Biggest loss I've had so far in a run is ~40ped.
Biggest profit I've had so far in a run is ~380ped.
This is over approximately 70 runs (6-7/day).

H400+a103 doing the same thing, also brings me profit, just not as much.

Don't know why I'm telling people how I profit on drones, but yeah, shit's dynamic apparently, so don't take my word for it. This setup could kill your card while simaltaneously feeding mine hehe.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, if you save up the res you can easily sell that circa 105% as well, also the paints add up and have some ok MV (blue/steel blue etc). The odd ESI is good too but I've only had 4 so far these past 2 weeks, usually LR41 and Boar (or is it Bear? I dunno, I tt the crap) are the item drops (when not SGA... I've looted 4 SGA during this camping trip) and can bring back ~105%.
This is if you want to be really tedious recouping costs.

When I get bored I go to south of Twin with h400+103 and shogun+6a and mow down higher gen drones and warriors, though the warriors need a bit of fap love!
:love:

ps: with 2xskill going, the dodge is priceless!

What is the best thing to skill on pistol? Currently I am using the P3a trying to skill to the Merc. Been hunting molisks and bery's. Any suggestions?

watch out filthy, i did this last year so i could mine areas with more difficult mobs... i ended up switchin to pretty much full time hunter lol

as far as skilling pistol. the best way to do it is pretty much what i'm sure you're already aware of. p3a + A102 amp until you can use the next sib one... i think its korss 350. just always make sure you have the biggest A10x amp you can afford and that fits on your gun. once you get to P4a + A104 (one of the most eco combos out there) you can hunt small argo and get your very own 8k uber :)

after p4a, korss 400 and p5a are next in line and once you get those your mob hunting options open up alot. you can start doin regen mobs pretty well, like small trox, feffs, and so on.

good luck in your skilling!

All good weapons and not too expensive, in order of damage.

Breer P3a (L)
Korss H380 (L)
Breer P4a (L)
Korss H400 (L)
Breer P5a (L)
GeoTrek H21 Scrof (L)

Can add HL6 to the list if the markup is low, cost starts to go up after that.

Just move up whenever you max the previous, or as soon as you enter SIB for the next if you want to move up faster.

And of course slap an amp on each.

p4a+104 is a very eco combo. Bit low dps for my tastes tho.

All good weapons and not too expensive, in order of damage.

Breer P3a (L)
Korss H380 (L)
Breer P4a (L)
Korss H400 (L)
Breer P5a (L)
GeoTrek H21 Scrof (L)

Can add HL6 to the list if the markup is low, cost starts to go up after that.

Just move up whenever you max the previous, or as soon as you enter SIB for the next if you want to move up faster.

And of course slap an amp on each.

p4a+104 is a very eco combo. Bit low dps for my tastes tho.

Yes this is the right way.... I try it!

Argonauts and drones are very popular, but I'm not sure where to find them in this VU. Laser pistol is a nice choice, since there is a diverse selection of very nice eco weapons to choose from. P4 and P5 (L) are very nice selections, and there are a few unL SIB laser pistols that can be acquired at a very nice price (example: I have an H350 up for sale right now at TT+1).

Gluepot's H350 seems very suitable for ur level and for low mob hunting. See if u are willing to trap some of ur peds in that gun :)

Gluepot's H350 seems very suitable for ur level and for low mob hunting. See if u are willing to trap some of ur peds in that gun :)

Indeed, purchase of such low end unL SIB weaponry requires an investment in the high TT of the gun. If you can't afford to let 2k-3k peds stagnate, I'd not advise the purchase - stick with (L). If you can afford to let 2k-3k ped sit there though, unL SIB may be an investment you should consider.

Why does everyone use p4a over h380 and p5a over h400?

because some of us like to craft our weapons themselves ... just a wild guess though based on my experience and only that ;)

S.

PS. also a lot of the time, pre VU10 atleast, P5a was 110% and Korss H400 was 120% (approx.) - that might add to that too, dont know how its now, i'm not following the market trends atm

Why does everyone use p4a over h380 and p5a over h400?

When I used P4 I was shocked at the eco. I even kept it a secret for a while (but it wasn't so secret, as it was on Entropedia) :laugh: eventually I graduated to P5, the main reason being they are in higher supply. I can almost always go to the auction and there is a decently priced P5 available, but not always a decent H400. The same applies to P4 and H380. Also I liked how the A104 fit perfectly on my P4.
Now, though, I prefer high TT (L) weaponry since it's generally cheaper, so I can get more eco out of it.

Depends if you want to skill fast or you want to skill and break even.

If it's the former, get the highest pedburning mofo weapon you can, and hunt like crazy (any mob you can kill in 120s or less constanly firing)

If it's the latter...tants...small allo... small trax /foul/anything <500hp is usually good and doesn't hit too hard

Kill nothing but Tants during 2X TANT TANT TANT Skill volume per ped burnt is much higher on tants then on normal mobs (I think its 50% more skills per ped spent)

Do that till you have maxed korss400 then you will have a decent dps eco weapon to use on a good verity of mobs.

Go on small argos east of twin with korss 400 when maxed. Put an A104 on it and watch the skills float. Works fine for my wife

I second that, Thats how i did my pistol skilling, but i had an A 105 :silly2:

Kill nothing but Tants during 2X TANT TANT TANT Skill volume per ped burnt is much higher on tants then on normal mobs (I think its 50% more skills per ped spent)

Do that till you have maxed korss400 then you will have a decent dps eco weapon to use on a good verity of mobs.

yeah.... this is how i spent the 3x... merp are also great for this

Back