(Skilling) Should I use an amp?

SelanirO

Young
Juno 'Judas' Porter
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I justarted playing and having earned a couple of PEDs I want to start skilling with rifles.

Now I've read alot of forums on this topic and it seems that sollomate opalo is the weapon of choice nowadays.

My goals are:

- overall economic gameplay
(I don't use armor when sweating, etc)
- As cheap as possible skilling, speed is not a relevant issue, coming (close to) even is.

My questions:

1. Should i use a scope? I heard they increase accuracy greatly without adding much of decay. However does it make skilling cheaper due to more effective ammo use on opalo? Or is it just an extra for faster skilling? If it's benefiscious, at what level should i apply one and which one? :)

2. From what i read an amplifier is a must. 103 would be just fine however at what skill level should i apply it for higher efficiency?

If someone could help me with these issues i'd be very greatfull. I've been holding off to buy equipment for a while now. But the desire for a shooting stick is making me itch more and more. :coffee:

Yes, an amp will increase the overall eco (dm/pec) on your skill weap. Also from my own experince. skillgain is depending on how much money you spend per shot. Say it takes 100ped to gain 200 lvls of rifle skill, you will gain that faster if you use an amp, becouse you will spend those 100ped faster :D

I've got an appolo with a 103 amp and a scope on it, while I still cant shoot a barn door at 10 yards I have noticed my skills going up faster (getting a lot more light green messages :D ) than they did pre-scope. I think it adds about 2% to skill gain, could be wrong though, I have been in the past :D

Ok ... some tips for you here : :wise:

• Don't use yet 103 amp. You gona hate it ,cause it's decay it's 50% of you ammo value and uses 1 ammo/Shot . Example in 5k ( 50 peds) ammo it will decay almost 25 peds. If you miss because of your low skills , you'll lose even more peds! :D

• Use 101 that won't use extra ammo. When you are at 5.0-6.0 Hit ability with opalo consider changing in a 102 or even 103. :wise:
  • Don't use scope unless you hunt Molisk Young or Berycs young that are hard to hit in max range because of their small size. ;)
Hope i gave you enough info for now.

If you are not skilled enough and thinking about a mentor would be nice to meet ingame.

Best of Luck :thumbup:

Reactions: Zoe
First of all thanks everyone for replying. I feel much more determined in my weapon choices now. :)

levithanikos said:
If you are not skilled enough and thinking about a mentor would be nice to meet ingame.

This would be really awsome!

However I feel obliged to tell this about myself:

- My game times are pretty much erratic as I'm in the middle of a software project. I don't have too much time. I am mostly online though in one or another way. (msn/forums/email)

- My dearest girlfriend with whome I share my appartment has some kind of DNA built in hatred for all computer games. Which makes my game times even more erratic ofcourse :) The endless struggle puts sooth in the food.

If you wouldn't bother to have someone who's a bit less active than normal
I'd be very happy to learn!

Thanks again everyone,

SelanirO

SelanirO said:
My dearest girlfriend with whome I share my appartment has some kind of DNA built in hatred for all computer games. Which makes my game times even more erratic ofcourse :)
A most dangerous mutation in the female gene pool over recent years :( . Wasnt this the reason for starting that human genome project in the first place? Hopefully a breakthrough coming our way soon.

SelanirO said:
- My dearest girlfriend with whome I share my appartment has some kind of DNA built in hatred for all computer games. Which makes my game times even more erratic ofcourse :) The endless struggle puts sooth in the food.

I thought thats why The Sims/Sims 2 was invented, for the ladies??

:D :D :D

SelanirO said:

SelanirO
Oh I can relate to that very well !! :eek:

Anyhow, I've been playing with an Opalo amped with an A102 & A103 for a couple of weeks to see what the difference is for myself. My rifle skill was very low at around 100 when I started with them and I found the A103 to be very expensive to repair compared to the A102. Damage given out by the 2 combinations is fairly similar though the A103 does make a difference but the loot returned by the smaller mobs doesnt usually cover the repair costs when using the 103 whereas with the 102 I can sometimes break even.

Hunting without an amp I found to be quite boring as you dont have much choice in mobs you can kill and of course it takes much longer to take the mob down so i'd definately recomend an amp. Putting on a 103 really gives you a much wider range of mob but the repair cost is a killer for me so I usually take 2 Opalos, stick the 102 on one and hit the mobs until they are nearly dead with the amped opalo and finish them off with the unamped one.

HTH
Lem

unclechicken said:

Actually I had my moment of triumph when I got her hooked on Sims 2. She was sitting playing it till 5:00 in the morning :) However it only lasted for a week :(

unclechicken said:

*SNORT*

I've a good mind to neg rep ya for that .. just kidding !

hehe

have you thot about a a201? they break after 600 peds amo

kygon said:
have you thot about a a201? they break after 600 peds amo

I might be wrong here but looking at pe-wiki the a102 & the a201 are virtually identical apart from the fact the 201 is much more expensive and probably quite rare if it's classed as 'old time'?

201 has a very slightly better econ.

kygon said:
201 has a very slightly better econ.

Hehe, slightly, I must agree to that :yup: but you'd have to fire 50,000 rounds of ammo before you notice 1ped saving at the repair terminal and at TT+28 you'd need to fire 1.4 million :eek: rounds of ammo before it pays for itself :scratch:

Still, if someone offered to swap my 102 for a 201 for free then i'd buy it :D

I think it's gonna be A101 for the unskilled me :)
Definately.

Lem said:
Hehe, slightly, I must agree to that :yup: but you'd have to fire 50,000 rounds of ammo before you notice 1ped saving at the repair terminal and at TT+28 you'd need to fire 1.4 million :eek: rounds of ammo before it pays for itself :scratch:

Still, if someone offered to swap my 102 for a 201 for free then i'd buy it :D

I use it on my imk2 so 50k is just 50 hunts

Back