Skilling

Cobra

Guardian
Society
Ice Cold
Cobra
Is it possible to gain taming skills although taming isnt implemented?

Looking to get a certain UL whip :wtg:

nvm, entropedia skill info shows it as all from actual tamed animal activities

:(

I would imagine you can get whip skills but a lot of the other skills depended on working the the animals so I don't think it would be possible to get them from using the whip alone.

I would imagine you can get whip skills but a lot of the other skills depended on working the the animals so I don't think it would be possible to get them from using the whip alone.

Yea u can get whipping skills, but thats only to dmg the mob so that it can be tamed (no clue how taming used to function, newer player)

Yea u can get whipping skills, but thats only to dmg the mob so that it can be tamed (no clue how taming used to function, newer player)

I think Animal lore and Animal tamer are the only skills contributing to taming that you cannot train right now. So if you want levels in it and don't have lots of zoology already, start scanning mobs before you kill them.

Actual taming skill comes from working with a tamed Pet... eg Exarosaur, Snablesnot, Daikiba.

By working with the animal and commanding it to perform tricks you can experience in the process as does your pet.

as its not implemented I would ask around and see if there is anyone prepared to part with their taming skill... but I dont like your chances of getting em... and no you cant have mine . :p

Oh and if our pets become ridable in the near future that theorically should also provide skill as just making a pet sit gained skill.... hmm wonder how that is going to work now.?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Scanning didn't go to any professions..... :s

Whip skills also contribute 8% to the Animal Tamer profession, so if you want to get ready for the reintroduction of taming, go ahead and grab that whip.

As mentioned, scanning gives zoology which contributes 13% to Animal Tamer profession. However, zoology is only 2% of the Animal Investigator profession, so it won't skill very fast for you.

I was under the impression that Scanning didn't go to any professions..... :s

Scanning goes to a lot of professions. It even goes into paramedic once you unlock scientist. Scanning robots gives mechanics and electronics which go into a couple of crafting professions. Scanning gives a lot of analysis which goes into tier upgrader.

Whip skills also contribute 8% to the Animal Tamer profession, so if you want to get ready for the reintroduction of taming, go ahead and grab that whip.

As mentioned, scanning gives zoology which contributes 13% to Animal Tamer profession. However, zoology is only 2% of the Animal Investigator profession, so it won't skill very fast for you.

Will you be my valentine.

Back