skillprices freefalling

This VU affects the price of skills, in many ways...
Let's take a look at some of the things happening:

ESIs becomes very cheap:
- SOME MIGHT SAY that a full chip of X is still worth 120 peds. Now the ESI is only 20 ped before it was 85 so skill X has become much more valuable for the seller, since each full chip will now bring 120-20=100 PED instead of 120-85=45 PED. Huge difference. So the marked value of your X skills has more than doubled?
- OTHERS MIGHT SAY that, one chip of skill X used to worth 120-85=45 PED... With ESIs only being 20 PED now, the sales price of a chip of skill X is now 45+20=65 PEDs (nearly half price).

The truth is probably somewhere around the middle of those examples, since the seller and buyer probably will 'split' the benefit from the new ESI prices.

However... the above is not the only thing affecting the skill price.
If more new sellers than buyers appear on market, prices will drop more, while they will increase, if more buyers than sellers are entering the market.
- Buyers will be able buy skills cheaper now.... Tempting more buyers.
- Sellers will get better prices... Tempting more sellers
- Some dislike this new VU (I love it though), and will be more inclined to sellout and quit.

Total result is hard to predict... I'm sure that skill prices will continue to be lower than they used to be... But how much is anyones guess...
Time will tell :)

Last edited:
Vedder said:
This VU affects the price of skills, in many ways...
Let's take a look at some of the things happening:

ESIs becomes very cheap:
- SOME MIGHT SAY that a full chip of X is still worth 120 peds. Now the ESI is only 20 ped before it was 85 so skill X has become much more valuable for the seller, since each full chip will now bring 120-20=100 PED instead of 120-85=45 PED. Huge difference. So the marked value of your X skills has more than doubled?
- OTHERS MIGHT SAY that, one chip of skill X used to worth 120-85=45 PED... With ESIs only being 20 PED now, the sales price of a chip of skill X is now 65 PEDs (nearly half price).

The truth is probably somewhere around the middle of those examples, since the seller and buyer probably will 'split' the benefit from the new ESI prices.

And... what did I say?

As you can see in the CND release / fruit price graph over at PEAuction (click Year on the graph), you can expect 1 month for a clear trend, 2 months for a stable state, and 3 months for a new future trend.

bah, why dont you use %age notation for measuring skills prices ?
like rifle skill costing say 2000% regardless of the ESI price. So ESI going price is say 200% you just bid up to 2200% for the skill chip. Obvious, no ?!

mrproper said:
Combat skills used to go for ESI+45 PED in average, so without the ESI part, they could drop as low as 40-50 ped for full chip.

Just my :wise:

mrproper, would you sell your oldschool 2k levels gained by xyz hours of hunting for 50 ped? even if you'd have 10k of one skill, it'd make 100+ chips and a total of 100+ x 50 = 5000+ ped. how long it takes to skill up that far? a bit pointless to sell that low, don't you agree ;)

what I presume MA made by new esi system is that we got the skills true value now in our hands. previously, the buyer was willing to pay let's say 100 ped per 2000 levels of a skill. he still is willing to pay tose ped. so yes, our skills cost more from now on. but not to the buyer, for us. and I think the prices will not start dropping, on the contrary. the more new players join, the more they want to buy the "basic" skillset from the start to be as efficient as possible from the beginning.

what I fear MA could do is that there'd be too few empty chips around, so that they'd be very valuable in the end and noone is going to sell nor buy any skills due to lack of them. but that's probably not going to happen as skills are so far one of the biggest warranty any player has in long term!

P.S. does anyone know if the old esi only works once like it used to and does it still make 10% loss in skills while transferred or is it a regular (L) now used till broke as many times as it takes and no skills lost?

J.

Lugzan said:
mrproper, would you sell your oldschool 2k levels gained by xyz hours of hunting for 50 ped? even if you'd have 10k of one skill, it'd make 100+ chips and a total of 100+ x 50 = 5000+ ped. how long it takes to skill up that far? a bit pointless to sell that low, don't you agree ;)

J.

If I would sell my 2k levels, I would purchase and ESI at around 80 ped, fill it, then sell it at 130 ped. Wich gives me exactly 50 ped profit.

Skills are worth different values for different players.

Back