Question: Skills and tt returns

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
Is there any proof that may indicate skills increase return rate?

Assuming the item/items you use are maxed for hunting/mining/ crafting.

Is there any proof that the higher end skills that unlock at lvl 50-70+ have any benefits going with this?
Also id assume intellegents increase mining/ crafting returns...

But if there has been a study or anything please post it.

This is open for discussion too.

If anything, it's the other way around, atleast for mining, less skills -> ATH's and towers for you.

If anything, it's the other way around, atleast for mining, less skills -> ATH's and towers for you.

Thats not even on topic.

This is open for discussion on the topic posted, please keep it that way.

Imho the TT return rate is same for skilled and unskilled player (90%TT ;)). No matter if you consider personal lootpool or mayby long term returns. Yet skilled players can hunt hard mobs (that sometimes might contain more rare items with higher markup), mine deeper (for more rare resources) and craft rare things with high succes rate. So key to profit is as always in the markup. You cant earn from MA - only from other players.

If this is not true and if the top players have higher returns then it is definetly not over 99% TT ;) otherwise MA would risk loosing to a playerbase.

Proofs on this theory? Well look around for huge mining blogs on forum. There are hundreds of thousands of peds cycled there and it seems that return oscilates around 90% TT. My personal crafting records seems to show that i end up around 88-89% TT return (crafting both on maxed and unmaxed component bluprints with SIB and without it, although i am only lev 16 metal engeneer so only few tens of thousands of peds cycled here)

Falagor
:bandit:

Yes skills increase your ability to make a profit! :wtg:

Yes skills help to bring in more profit.

nope, none whatsoever.

Ofc what other people say is true also, the more skills the more opportunities there are, but that wasn;t the original question.

Yes, there is proof. The proof show's that skills have no affect on return rate. That is absolute fiction, old game guides usually denote serendipity as the skill that is a double roll effect (2nd chance to get loot). Can skills help you to profit? Yes they can. Having higher skill levels will help you find that ever elusive thing called markup in whatever profession your in. Sometimes it can even be what item your using. At the end of the day the only thing that will increase your return rate is you, you are the variable, the piece to the jigsaw. So work it out!

I simply quote what i wrote once about it:

...snip...

1. Clearing misconceptions

...snip...

D - I get more loot / return when my skills get higher

This is not true. Skills mean something, yes. They give you more choices, let you easier react to market situations. But they DON'T give you more loot. Believing in this misconception can be really expensive, because people want to skill up as fast as possible, believing they recieve better lootreturn when they are skilled higher.

But after seeing so many logs on all skill levels, from zero skill newcomer, up to Uber on the top
the returns basically stay the same. We might argue about the exact percantage:

interesting read about mining return: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?167998-Mining-Payout/page4

or hunting: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?206863-A-look-at-the-loot-pool

or crafting: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?204429-Crafting-exposed

but It seems the return rate is around 90% ( TT value input vs. return value output ) when you use effecient setups. I will come back later to the topic of effecient setups in the professions section. Anyway in the long run you will not get more return in TT value out as you put in. The real skill is ( and this one really matters and doesn't appear on your ingame skill list ) to fill the gap of missing loot.

...snip...

Back