Help: Skills and weapons

Kamarkos Danix

Prowler
Society
UTOPIA
Kamarkos Danix Caetano
Hi i'm just curious of one thing about weapons and skilling.

When i use a better weapon, do i skill faster?

Ex: do i skill faster with a Sollomate Opalo, or a Breer M1a.

You skill faster with the weapon that does more damage per second.

Forrest :)

PS You also get a lot more skills from the skill gains occuring as the mob dies, as compared with the skill gains during a kill. So if you hunt a combibo with Opalo, you might get equivalent gains from three Rifle gains during the kill and one Rifle gain on the "kill shot".

Last edited:
To make it even more complicated:
you skill faster with the gun that suts your skills on a mob that suits your gear ;)

BreerM1a on Daik will most likely give you same skills as Opalo on Turp.

To make it even more complicated:
you skill faster with the gun that suts your skills on a mob that suits your gear ;)

BreerM1a on Daik will most likely give you same skills as Opalo on Turp.

Hmmm, as a precentage, maybe. :confused:

But on absolute values (hunting same Mob), the Breer will give more skill than the Opalo.

Hmmm, as a precentage, maybe. :confused:

But on absolute values (hunting same Mob), the Breer will give more skill than the Opalo.

I'm not convinced this is so. I still do believe the amount of skill gains decreases with the ease to kill a mob. When I do a 20k Ammo run on Ambu young with LR48 I certainly have less sklillgains compared to the 20k Ammo runs on Ambu mat/old with the same gun. Same goes for my Trox hunts. Conincidence?

Hi i'm just curious of one thing about weapons and skilling.

When i use a better weapon, do i skill faster?

Ex: do i skill faster with a Sollomate Opalo, or a Breer M1a.

Do you mean skills per hour or skills per ped invested?

Skill gain for your hunting skills is closely related to the number of peds you cycle with your weapon, more or less the number of mob HP you kill.

So a Breer1 with amp skills faster in time than an unamped Opalo because you burn more peds per hour.

Your defense skill gain depend on the mob hitting you, decaying your armor. Aurli give more defense skills than Daikiba because they hit much harder and more often.

(If you need more details you should ask our resident expert Immortal or check out his posts on the subject )

Last edited:
thanks for your replies.

So i skill faster if i invest more PED's. makes sense

With a Breer m1a you have a larger decay (and ammo burn) than an Opalo, so it will skill better with a Breer m1a

I am asking this because i want to develop enough skills to be able to use a Breer m2a, which is about level 3.8.

I heard that is better to upgrade opalo-breer m2a than opalo-breer m1a. but i'm still to far to reach the recommended level of the m2a

I have +1.5 lvl of laser sniper hit and 1.25lvl of laser dmg. enough skills to use a breer m1a, but very far to use a breer m2a.

If I started today and wanted to skill as fast and cheaply as possible I would:

Stay with Opalo until I max the BreerM1a.

Then move to BreerM1a until I max the BreerM2a.

I would not use the higher level guns until I have maximum Hit ability and Critical hit ability (HA/CHA of 10/10) and damage on that gun. The peds I save with that I could use for more hunting on the same deposit = more skills.

To speed my progress and economy I would invest in a A101 amp for the Opalo as soon as possible and then get the A102/A103 amp that fits on the Breer series carbines when I start to use them.

Those amps give more damage per pec spent and also means I cycle peds faster which mean I skill faster. And its more fun hunting with them.

When you outgrow an amp you can probably sell it for what you paid so the initial outlay for the amp is no real cost.

Good luck with your hunting career :)

Back