Skippie's How 2 Profit Thread

Status
Nice initiative Skippie, thanks for sharing your results.

One question though: why are you using the Mod Merc unamped? Aren't you then intentionally being less economical than you could since:

• MM Unamped = 4.38 Dmg/Pec
  • MM + 105 = 4.42 Dmg/Pec
  • MM + 106 = 4.43 Dmg/Pec
  • MM + 204 = 4.44 Dmg/Pec

Of course using an amped gun also reduces armor/fap decay, since you kill the mob faster.

Just curious why you chose to run this experiment unamped?

Perhaps your choice is based on the theory that using a MM unamped results in more skill gains, since it takes more shots to kill a mob? (I should note that I have trouble fully accepting that theory, since I believe the saved fap/armor decay + higher dmg/pec would far outweigh the value of any additional skill gains).

On the other hand, if you are hunting low to mid-level mobs, not using an amp on the MM helps to avoid overkill on the last shot, which can contribute greatly to overall hunting eco.

In any case, best of luck with your experiment, and +rep for sharing the info :thumbup:

ambulimax make me cry:(

Me too. :(

It's like, when the three of us are in a team, the planets align and Lootius turns his face away.

Neomaven: i believe he is trying to reduce overkill.

One question though: why are you using the Mod Merc unamped?

i am choosing to go with the unamped 4.38 eco rather than using a slightly higher amped economy due to the fact that most of the mobs i'm killing in this test die before they get to me. and if they do get to me they hit me once or twice at best.

overkill on a feffoid outcast, drone 01 or atrox young is pretty big unamped and would be even worse amped. my feeling is that that makes up for any benefit to amping on these mobs.

on larger mobs, i would always always amp, the bigger the amp the better.

i'm also somewhat curious to see how relative loot is to ammo as well. so as low as i can possibly get my decay the better. were my hit ability higher than 7.6, i'd most likely drop the scope sight kit as well.

and perhaps there's something nostalgic about running around with a gold era gun and fap killing average mobs found around eudoria, the way they would have been killed before the a20x series was crafted. sure, you can't hire a runner, you can't just outrun most of them and they don't do a specific set damage. a lot more has changed than that, i'm sure. but for the purposes of this experience, i'm trying to enjoy the game for the most part as it once was.

oh yeah, and they often carry no loot! forgot that part, hehe.

Last edited:
Run 7

Atrox Young - Guardian (300 PED Ammo)

OK, I killed two Dominants... but they spawned.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Loot: 254.38

Decay: 11.16

Loss: -56.78

Great thread Skippie! I had to read the whole thing.
This has got to be one of the best threads I've yet to find.

+rep

Hi Skippie,

It'd be interesting to know the exact dam/pec that you are doing with the MM when your info is typed into the Weapon Compare Tool on Entropia Tools.

I assume with your HA you are doing an average of about 2.82 dam/pec -when the maxed out unamped MM is about 3.05 - maybe 7% better.

The average dam/pec with Korss H400 (L) and A104 is 2.84, about the same as I think you are doing with your MM.

Your scope and sights aren't uber by the looks of it.

So if you're getting TT returns of 93% with a non-maxed weapon that does the same dam/pec as H400(L) and only one (other) uber item, Adj FAP, there is hope for us all!

:)

Hi Skippie,

It'd be interesting to know the exact dam/pec that you are doing with the MM when your info is typed into the Weapon Compare Tool on Entropia Tools.

I assume with your HA you are doing an average of about 2.82 dam/pec -when the maxed out unamped MM is about 3.05 - maybe 7% better.

The average dam/pec with Korss H400 (L) and A104 is 2.84, about the same as I think you are doing with your MM.

Your scope and sights aren't uber by the looks of it.

So if you're getting TT returns of 93% with a non-maxed weapon that does the same dam/pec as H400(L) and only one (other) uber item, Adj FAP, there is hope for us all!

:)

sure forrestpark,

as i said at the start, i'm at at level 75 hit and 65 damager. wiki kicks out these results for me at that skill level:

EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified (unamped) - 2.76
EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified (amped a106) - 2.79
Korss H400 @ 150% (unamped) - 2.84
Korss H400 @ 150% (amped a106) - 2.95

the terrus 600 se 2x and ranger 3500 combo is a 32% mod and btw, has the highest mod per pec of any scope sight kit in game. uber is where you find it, for me, it's mod per pec.

and with 7.6 hit ability, if scopes and sights do what we think they should, i should have the same results as a 10/10 user but with 41.35% min damage instead of 50% maxed.

for that i pay about 5 ped per 1000 ped of ammo.

if i'm able to sustain a 93% return i'd be quite happy with it. one could easily go kill drones and profit off gazz drops, argos, and profit off iron, etc, etc. so far during these runs, i've not hit one hof, one esi, but the korss from the feff, the gazz off the drones, etc, easily covered the 7% loss when farmed mats have been taken to auction.

i've long felt hunting since the loot changes that looting anything, even 102-104% oils gave the hunter a fighting chance at turning a profit. when i hunt large mobs, if i get back a 80% return, and some of that is hl11, esis, various other L guns or L armor parts, then having an 80% return can be very profitable, even wearing angel.

but on these mobs, it's korss, ore drops, and the occassional esi, and yes, selling paints and oils somewhere other than the tt that is going to make hunting a profitable experience, at least, until that 8k feff or 10k atrox wanders along your path.

ok, back to basics, i'm gonna head out and get a run done now before work.

Run 8

Armax Young - Guard (600 PED Ammo)

Loot: 450.69

Decay: 19.31

Loss: -168.62

Try to do constant hunts of at least 1k ped worth of ammo, no matter what mob to be able to catch at least one good loot cycle.

I'm sure that 600 ped worth of ammo is burned by MM pretty fast :)

Gl with your experiment,
Sitram

Try to do constant hunts of at least 1k ped worth of ammo, no matter what mob to be able to catch at least one good loot cycle.

I'm sure that 600 ped worth of ammo is burned by MM pretty fast :)

Gl with your experiment,
Sitram

So you think one 1k ped run is better than 2 500 ped runs?

nevermind...

Run 9

Ambulimax Young - Old (600 PED Ammo)

Loot: 912.07

Decay: 98.66

Profit: +213.41

NOTE: amped a104 this run due to regen of mob.

Decay VS Loss @ 5k Ammo

Total Ammo: 5000 PED

Total Decay: 250.48 PED
% of Decay of Ammo: 5%

Total Hunt Cost: 5250.48 PED

Total Loot: 5020.36 PED

Total Loss: -230.12
% of TT Return: 95.61%

Anyone find it interesting that atm, the size of the loss is almost spot on the amount of decay?

mmm...:spam:...

Anyway, GL Skippie, looks like its going well atm

Nice Links,

Keeps me off the street :laugh:

p.s. I didnt click em or anything ;)

somebody's forums is doing something dirty!

"How 2 Profit" = pr0n :D

Run 10

Argo Young - Hunter, Molisk Young - Guardian (500 PED Ammo)

Loot: 609.01

Decay: 15.75

Profit: +93.26

% of TT Return after 5.5k Ammo: 97.62%

ur doing gr8 now :) just one big to get on the good side of the line :yay:

Run 11

Thorofoids, Thorafoids, Thorifoids (300 PED Ammo)
(West of Emerald Lakes)

Loot: 162.56

Decay: 10.00

Loss: -147.44

Run 12

Ambulimax Young - Guardian (900 PED Ammo)

Loot: 744.47

Decay: 145.38

Loss: -300.91

NOTE: the ambulimax giveth and the ambulimax taketh away. also, amped due to regen of mob, a104s x3.

Last edited:
Run 13

Argo Gatherer - Hunter (25 PED Ammo)

Started the run out and as I was realizing these were way too hard unarmored, even using amps, hit this 212 PED Raider Global.

So I figured I'd file the profit and go hit a more creampuff spot.

Loot: 225.57

Decay: 4.08

Profit: +196.49

NOTE: after years of despising them, i'm starting to really like argo again for some reason.

Run 13.2

Ducks, Bunnies & Chickens (275 PED Ammo)
East of Nympth

Loot: 261.32

Decay: 10.08

Loss: -23.76

P.S. Ducks, Bunnies & Chickens may also be known as Aetherix, Morsiselix and Berycled. Thank you.

NOTE: Total after 7k PED of Ammo: -412.48
% of return @ 7k PED of Ammo: 94.45%

Status
Back