Small globals has skewed Top 100 Hunters list

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
The introduction of globals as low as 10 ped for certain mobs has ruined the Top 100 Hunters list.
If the global threshold were the same for all mobs, then the change would make no difference, but with only certain mobs being changed, it skews the results. It's simple, you can spend hours on big mobs that don't global but have plenty of loots 10-49 ped, while newbs global on little daikibas every ten minutes just because the loot is just over 10 ped.
How many of the top hunters with a total global ped value over 10k ped spend alot of time on daikibas?
Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to sort the list by ped value -- I'm pretty sure it used to sortable.

I would suggest excluding globals under 50 ped from the Top 100 Hunters global count, and maybe introduce a list for globals with values under 50 ped.

Or basing top 100 hunters on total global value and not number of globals.

..Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to sort the list by ped value -- I'm pretty sure it used to sortable...

It did and it's extremely lame that it no longer is, as looted PED is the true metric of turnover (outside of superloots). I asked Grimyth about this at least a year ago and he told me it was something they were working on re-adding...

Or basing top 100 hunters on total global value and not number of globals.

I like this idea but you could still get a lucky hunter that logs on once or twice and hoffs and ruins the list. Couldn't he simply put in a script that doesn't count anything under 50ped?

Or just take yourself not too important and give a damn about the tracker just as every sane person does.

I like this idea but you could still get a lucky hunter that logs on once or twice and hoffs and ruins the list. Couldn't he simply put in a script that doesn't count anything under 50ped?

We would like the top 100 list to be a little more.. cleaver.. than that. We are currently adding HP of all mobs, so we can make an algorithm that takes into account the HP of the mob as well when calculating the rank.

As it is now, simply hunt levi's .. and spend 100000 PED/month.. then you are number 1...
We would like it to get to a point where even if you hunt small mobs, but get higher than normal globals for those.. that gives you a lot of "points".

If everyone is getting 65 PED on average.. and you are getting 67... you are a better hunter..

That sort of thing. :)

Or just take yourself not too important and give a damn about the tracker just as every sane person does.

Part of the attraction to gaming for people is, for lack of a better a expression, "it's a pissing contest". The HoF list, ATH list, top societies list, in-game events, etc, are all different ways of measuring how far you can piss.
The tracker provides out-of-game ways of measuring... but if some parts are inaccurate for whatever reason, than the value of the measurement is severely diminished.

We would like the top 100 list to be a little more.. cleaver.. than that. We are currently adding HP of all mobs, so we can make an algorithm that takes into account the HP of the mob as well when calculating the rank.

As it is now, simply hunt levi's .. and spend 100000 PED/month.. then you are number 1...
We would like it to get to a point where even if you hunt small mobs, but get higher than normal globals for those.. that gives you a lot of "points".

If everyone is getting 65 PED on average.. and you are getting 67... you are a better hunter..

That sort of thing. :)

can this be done for mining too?
starting with a 5x reduction for any global on FOMA or hell? :)
if you look at the ranking on the mining log site and compare it to the tracker you see very different "top" miners.

can this be done for mining too?
starting with a 5x reduction for any global on FOMA or hell? :)
if you look at the ranking on the mining log site and compare it to the tracker you see very different "top" miners.

It would be hard with mining because it mostly depends on amps and not the location itself. Unamped or level 2s barely give any globals on foma/hell. But starting from level 8 (correct me if i'm wrong) all deposits are globals? But the system can't really know which amp the person is using.

Omg what is it with you people and top100 lists.

"Look my ePenis is longer then your ePenis", you need to buy bigger one.

Got it? ;)

Got it? ;)

some of us prefer to let it grow naturally instead of artificially enhancing it :p

Got it? ;)

Said the person who started showing off with their skill total count and gather info for top100 skilled list. :D

Got it? ;)

ROFL...that is funny Kimmi.

Jokes aside; I do find the tracker hunting list motivating. it's surprisingly easy to get on the list with some average hunting (puny globals excluded), what does that say about the economy?

Big thanks to starfinder for his efforts with it.

Rick

Back