so is it ever gonna end?

TehAndyHere

Hatchling
downloaded the client this morning and it's already taken like 9 hours. the download speed keeps decreasing and the time remaining keeps increasing. The download bar is almost full but the time remaining is 6:28:13 and it just keeps increasing.

so is it ever going to finish, or is this some sort of error? can someone please help?

looks like some kind of error, but consider this post as a bump as I know there are alot of people that can answer better then me

try to quit the download and start it up again, this should let the download continue where it left of. My experience is that the download will be a lot faster then.

iva had issues like this in the past but after all it is a 9.5gig download :(

Edit:- well thats what size the file is on my HD is this correct seems a bit big for some reason, last i checked it wasnt that big :eek:

I've checked my Entropia Universe folder in my C Drive and it shows 2.38GB. I guess I still have to long way to go then. It's funny though, how the download bar is shown as full..

You can contact Planet Calypso support, they can give you an alternate link where to download the software!

One of the things that Support recommends is (if you are behind a router) to make sure that port 21 (ftp) is directed toward your pc's ip address. This helped my download a lot, at the time.

Last time I checked it was not 9.5 GB, I think the whole folder installed is around 5GB.
The throttling may not even be because a problem to the server, some providers throttle your download if if leech too much.
Aborting and restarting should help, if it was fast in the bginning and is slow now it can not be connected to port 21.

Wasn't the download P2P based anyway now ?

My EU folder says its 5.35 gig and usually takes me less then 20 minutes from the time I press the EU icon to the time I am in game playing after a VU.

Depending on speeds of you internet if it takes more then an hour I would start the download again somethings very wrong.

My EU folder says its 5.35 gig and usually takes me less then 20 minutes from the time I press the EU icon to the time I am in game playing after a VU.

Depending on speeds of you internet if it takes more then an hour I would start the download again somethings very wrong.

Also 5.35 gig here, so if you have an installation of over 9 gig, sounds like something very weird going on, cant imagine the chat log growing to over 3 gig. ;)

Previous installations in the past from scratch on different computers has been around 4 hours, depends very much on your internet connection speed.

Sounds like something has gone wrong with opening poster - I'd consider starting download over from scratch if he has unmetered internet, or trying to repair if he does.

iva had issues like this in the past but after all it is a 9.5gig download :(

Edit:- well thats what size the file is on my HD is this correct seems a bit big for some reason, last i checked it wasnt that big :eek:
Double checked my EU folder on this computer and it said 9.5gb but thats with several vu update files taking up space for no reason, do a "repair" from the client loader and it should fix it. (had it on another computer so thats why I thought thats where the problem was)

Now after the "repair" I got 5.35 as it should be :)

I have this same issue with some websites, youtube for example. But not with EU. And i don't know what's causing this.

Everything which has a beginning, has an end...

If you have problems with the downloader; try to find the direct download links of the client on MindArk's FTW (use forum search) and use Orbit Downloader to download it. It'll download like 5x faster :D

Back