So, what are the robots up to this time? - aug 2010 invasion

OK, So (Vlooe, within the context of the story line, I know they're MA controlled avatars) who is building the RX units? The robots? RDI or some other branch of the Federal Imperial Government? One of the Megacorporations? Another alien race?

Whoever it is, it seems that at least some of the RX units may have shifting alliegances, unless the data presented by 471 is actually disinformation.

Its not the robots, the RX Unit said robots are a diffrent species. And thats confirmed by the fact the robots dont like it that thier interfeering.

Its not the robots, the RX Unit said robots are a diffrent species. And thats confirmed by the fact the robots dont like it that thier interfeering.

That doesn't mean that they weren't created by the robots Stave. After all, humanity created the robots, and they are most certainly not of our species.

Hmmmm just scouted 176,306
this is a PK zone!!
Should be interesting...

That makes sence. Look out for the RX units. Maybe there not so friendly after all :scratch2:

An ugly picture of Hydra.
I didn't manage to get a good picture, and then my namelist appeared when I pressed alt-prtscreen to make the screenshot.

For me it appeared like the hydra drowned in the lake to the right just a few seconds after the picture was taken. Unfortunately, people were too engaged in shooting eachother than going after the hydra.

Ah, and I didn't manage to spot any RX troops.

Was it just the irresistable urge to PK that turned the attention away from the Hydra...? If so, that is a poor showing for our meager planetary defenses :laugh:

Player A: Hey.. look at that huge-ass robot... called a Hydra!!
Player B: That's a serious threat to our planet... let's call some friends and kill it!
Player A: Will do!!
Player C: Wait a tick... this is a PVP area... hmmm...

Was it just the irresistable urge to PK that turned the attention away from the Hydra...? If so, that is a poor showing for our meager planetary defenses :laugh:

Player A: Hey.. look at that huge-ass robot... called a Hydra!!
Player B: That's a serious threat to our planet... let's call some friends and kill it!
Player A: Will do!!
Player C: Wait a tick... this is a PVP area... hmmm...

Or robot warlocks to eachother
"Our hydras are getting killed all the time, what should we do?"
"Our experience tells us that if we do the next trial in a pvp enabled area, a group of the humans will start to keep the others busy... so if we do this trial in a pvp enabled area, our next hydra will be able to perform the investigations until he dies by natural causes."
"Oups... out main programmer just reported that the sourcecode for the ´swimming´ subroutine was still on his desk when the hydra teleported down. Also our technichans report that they ran out of grease after they finished the noses on the head. Well, as long as our hydra stays clear of water, he'll be immortal."

Memo from robot assembly line 1101000101011:

What, you wanted it waterproof?

Reactions: dub
Hydra Trial Seven Post Attack Report

So, hydra seven, and boy oh boy are the robots laughing at us now. They decided to outsmart calyptos "finest" aka trigger happy fools, by dropping hydra in a PVP area.

As a result, this tactical area drop caused everyone at the event to forget what side thier fighting on. They started shooting innocent bystanders and themselves, befere even hydra arrived. As a result, the total firepower that was left wasnt enough to take the beast down. Causing everyone to get slayed by segs soon after.

BenCoyote said:
oh believe me.. You want fun.. I'll give you fun.. I'd rather be trampled by an AMBU at Neas than Get into a PVP zone full of Uber idiots - Benjamin Ben Coyote

Once it was dragged away from its 100's of cousins, they forogt what side they was fighting on yet again, and i dont know who shot at who, but the end result, was the top societys fighting each other over who gets to kill hydra.

In other words, Greed took over and they completely forgot what side they was fighting for. Kinda highlights the major fault in human nature, the trigger happy fools are too damn obsessed with killing thier own kind, eu and rl, that they completely miss the bigger picture.

Have talked about that a while ago with some ppl which mostly do pvp in Eu and they said:

Acting like this is not well seen by real PvP people. Wait until the green dot is ready with his/her mob and then kill him/her. Killing others during they shoot a mob is not a sign of honor.....

In this case, they was too busy killing themselves, they forgot about hydra, and it ended up drowining.

Ill be the first to say, its nice to see fools get whats coming to them.

The questions now, is his all just fueled by greed, or is there a more sinister motive around, as people were killing innoicent bystanders too that was only there to watch.

Are theres a group of humans, that have betrayed thier own kind, and are working for the robots?

Certantly appears that way, since when in war, do you kill your own people?

Either way, the question now, is will they learn form this, and remember what teamwork is the next time around?

Everyone that was involved in that disgrace, please read this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2541741-post34.html

This is the kind of stuff, that makes me embarressed that they are human...

Regards,

Stave Petty

Last edited:
outsmart calyptos "finest" aka trigger happy fools,

In other words, Greed took over and they completely forgot what side they was fighting for. Kinda highlights the major fault in human nature, the trigger happy fools are too damn obsessed with killing thier own kind, eu and rl, that they completely miss the bigger picture.

Ill be the first to say, its nice to see fools get whats coming to them.

This is the kind of stuff, that makes me embarrised to be a human...

Stave Petty

Fools is to good a word :)
The bold part, should read 'It makes me embarressed that THEY are human'

Its my interpretation of the nights events so far,

And your story still isn't any more factually correct, but since when did that stop a publication.

Tykkbai
JaKst3r

If thats the case, then post your side of the story right here, and we can discuss it constructively,

Please note, in this thread all posts are made in story line mode, were not taking things so blunt because the whole point of it, is the enjoy the game to its fullest.

Regards,

Stave Petty

Well, on your picture it says though Syrinx is listed under that Ck team, syrinx is infact a member of Universe United, but since when did that stop a publication ;)

She is also ex cK shadows, ex cK and a very good friend of ours - and before you mention it so is Xen (cKs, cK now UU) and God (ex cKs). :) tyvm. Once your part of the cK family it is simply very hard to let it go!

:yay:

I'm not sure I understand the technical reason for all this damn chaos.

Why don't they just do a dice roll and allocate the "top ubers" present at these spawns all the UL items automatically, either one each or on a chance basis, based upon time present at the spawns, pedcard level, recent deposit history, or whatever???

If the game system AI is as bad as the uber-player cooperation and team experience, it's the only way that the `uber` loot will drop to the people it's intended to go to.

Maybe the time has come to fork the game into two separate virtual universes. "Uber-World" where they can have UL item drops regularly without interference from newbs, and "Unter-World" where anyone with less than, say, 50k$US on their pedcard will spawn.

I know I'm not the only one to be thinking this, this is just a paraphrasing of a deadly serious discussion we were having a couple of days ago when I kept my mouth shut (for once).

latest today:

Intercept: 0x8E1B75988EB6FEF6F60FD011FE7AFFAE22C53F8F
Intercept: 0x644469BF41DD1CA5F5
Intercept: 0x646F7AFD5A8DDDFE3961BEFFD3EB73C9C63FBF6EB463EDB6F3AADB0F
Intercept: 0xCE4F6750160B37D6E86F6DE22AEE5FD86D29EDB2B2
Intercept: 0x39BECC4A5BD

15:56

Ok, so its been a while for this update, but its been worth the wait.

Ive come to a series of conclusions. On a production EUWV Productions are working on, i was reading the original history of calypso, here, and i stumbled upon this:

The complete knowledge of the human DNA allowed for genetic alterations to the human body. Although held under heavy restriction, laws to control genetic engineering would allow experiments to help humans adapt to different environments on alien planets in the future. As a result science created the androids, organic humanoid robots engineered from biological materials that could be programmed and tested as virtual copies of real human beings. Due to the advanced knowledge involved in the creation of androids these artificial humans were only used in restricted scientific research. The androids could never topple the less expensive and practical use of standard robot technology that became available to all after the development of the new AI computers

In a desperate attempt to even the odds the commanders onboard the Exodus begun to create androids and used these artificial genetic humanoids as expendable soldiers and personnel in the war.

So the RX Units, are a old human experiment, used in the original robot war, and for some reason unknown to us, ditched by CDF after it. I for one would like to call for answers to why its considered treason to work with a old human creation, something used to fight the robot war. Something smells fishy here and i dont like it.

We want Answers Calypso Defence Forces!

As for the latest generation of robotic forces,

Ongoing battle!

Pretty impressive stats :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis

But as we know, calypso's grand plan is to let them attack us, and the corprations use robot tech to gain some kind of advantage over them. I just hope that happens soon, because the robots are becoming damn powerfull.

I Feel our hopes now is in Genesis Star and the RX Units hands.

Last edited:
Just two side notes...

When the RX Unit was in Twin on Friday afternoon, I let her decode one of the encryptions received and decoded earlier.

The RX Unit responded with the know decryption.

However, I had altered the encryption...! :eek:

So, the RX Unit responded with a decryption to an encryption that wasn’t there,,,! :eek: :eek:

There must be something wrong with the programming of the RX Unit. :scratch2:

I then put the RX Unit on my vehicle guest list. It worked. However, when the RX Unit vanished, so did the list entry. All other list entries remained. Strange... :scratch2:

Just two side notes...

When the RX Unit was in Twin on Friday afternoon, I let her decode one of the encryptions received and decoded earlier.

The RX Unit responded with the know decryption.

However, I had altered the encryption...! :eek:

So, the RX Unit responded with a decryption to an encryption that wasn’t there,,,! :eek: :eek:

There must be something wrong with the programming of the RX Unit. :scratch2:

I then put the RX Unit on my vehicle guest list. It worked. However, when the RX Unit vanished, so did the list entry. All other list entries remained. Strange... :scratch2:

My guess is the RX units have thier own copy, and it decoded the origninal, not your altered version ;)

Thier smart ya know...

Back