Society missions and Team missions

Vedder

Marauder
We need more team/soc hunts
I miss the old days, with almost daily soc hunts or big team hunts. (Big means just 4+ people for me).
I think it's a very important part of the social life in Entropia, which is important for MA, since it's a big part of what makes many of us stay here for so many years.

As ->this poll<- shows, I'm not the only one who has experienced this decline in 'social hunting'.

I like the missions and the idea of planet partners and everything. That's all good.
But I really think MA should do something for the social side of Entropia. So here's my 2 suggestions:

Team missions
Team missions are basically personal missions just like regular missions. Except that you can only work on them while in a team.
Mission goals are typically the same as in solo missions: "Get X kill points on mob Y" etc.

Since the rewards are individual, the rewards should probably be skills or mission tokens like in solo missions.

Team mission requirement suggestions:
  1. At least X people in the team
  2. At least X people within a radius of X meters of each other while mob is being killed
  3. At least X people doing damage to the same mob, before it counts toward the mission goal
  4. At least X people healing?
  5. More ideas?

Soc missions
Soc missions are different than solo- and missions. The rewards for a soc mission, is tied to the Society and not to any individual. The soc benefits are accumulated and permanent.

Requirement format could be same for team missions. Maybe other ideas too?

Reward suggestions:
  1. Soc members increase run speed 0.1%.
    Tough missions ofc gives more speed. But never big boosts, and total speed boost should never be more than max 10% or so imo.
  2. Soc members gains ability to view position of other soc members on the map. Tougher mission adds names too.
  3. Soc members takes % less dmg from falling from heights.
  4. Soc can gain ability to define a 'society base'. Big TP chips allows members to 'TP to base'. Higher missions allows smaller TP chips same feature. Soc members heal faster while in their base?
  5. Soc members gains 0.1% skill boost. (Not sure that's a good idea)
  6. Soc members gathers up to 5% more sweat
  7. Soc members gains up to 5 extra auction sales slots
  8. Any other ideas?

Discussion
I'll reserve the next 2 posts, to try to summarize and keep track of other ideas posted in this thread. Hopefully MA will notice this thread and reply. Or maybe I'll eventually make a support case with the suggestions. We'll see how it goes from here.

I hope to hear a lot of creative suggestions that MA can't ignore. ;)

Team missions

Team missions are basically personal missions just like regular missions. Except that you can only work on them while in a team.
Mission goals are typically the same as in solo missions: "Get X kill points on mob Y" etc.

Since the rewards are individual, the rewards should probably be skills or mission tokens like in solo missions.

• At least X people in the team
  • At least X people within a radius of X meters of each other while mob is being killed
  • At least X people doing damage to the same mob, before it counts toward the mission goal
  • At least X people healing?
  • Team agility spread bigger than 30 points. So we mix up teams with new/old players?
  • Team max prof level spread bigger than 30 levels. So we mix up teams with low/med/uber players?
  • More ideas?

Last edited:
Soc missions

Soc missions are different than solo- and team missions. The rewards for a soc mission, is tied to the Society and not to any individual. The soc benefits are accumulated.

Requirement format could be same for team missions. Maybe other ideas too?

Reward suggestions:

• Soc members increase run speed 0.1%.
  • Tough missions ofc gives more speed. But never big boosts, and total speed boost should never be more than max 10% or so imo.
  • Soc members gains ability to view position of other soc members on the map. Tougher mission adds names too.
  • Soc members takes % less dmg from falling from heights.
  • Soc can gain ability to define a 'society base'. Big TP chips allows members to 'TP to base'. Higher missions allows smaller TP chips same feature. Soc members heal faster while in their base?
  • Soc members gains 0.1% skill boost. (Not sure that's a good idea)
  • Soc members gathers up to 5% more sweat
  • Soc members gains up to 5 extra auction sales slots
  • Some rewards could be temporary and could be completed again when they expire.
  • X% faster regeneration.
  • Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Nice ideas! This game has become too much solo-oriented for a MMO.

oh great! I would love to get some more interaction and less solo stuff to do

I agree, I would like some team mobs or something.

Some mobs probably are meant for a team, but they do not really work :p

TBh I do not like that idea, why force solo players to play in team?

There are other ways to make missions available for team players, and MA have all the tools, they just need to implement them.

There is already instance statistics tool and it could be easily implemented to work with any team, not just instanced. Then based on damage done team could get fractional points for killing mob.

It's simple like that and no discrimination of solo or team play.

Good idea, may be all society and team stuff need and probably will be redesigned. Or at least I hope so.
And may be instances/beacons/arkadian doors are some way to force you making a team.

Good idea, may be all society and team stuff need and probably will be redesigned. Or at least I hope so.
And may be instances/beacons/arkadian doors are some way to force you making a team.

Are there still some idiots preferring to play solo? Let's kick them in nuts and force to join massive teams....
Such a great idea you have!

Agreed!

Team and Social is a bid part or should be a big part in EU because its getting boring without Friends like in RL^^
Societys should get impoved too,diktator ship etc:)
And may be bigger teams for soc Hunts, the current limit is 12 but there are alot of larger Socs which would have then to form 2 Teams.
:beerchug:

Greetz,
Jason

Nice ideas!

I'd really love to have ''soc'' upgrades, that increase overall member stats :) Made as mission rewards sure would be great. Soc could kill creatures ''together'' in a party, and every single kill would go to the soc counter or something :D

TBh I do not like that idea, why force solo players to play in team?
It's just like with the solo missions, so noone would be forcing you.
If you don't like teams, you just continue with your solo missions.

Nice ideas!

I'd really love to have ''soc'' upgrades, that increase overall member stats :) Made as mission rewards sure would be great. Soc could kill creatures ''together'' in a party, and every single kill would go to the soc counter or something :D
Yeah, that's what I had in mind too.
The soc missions should be really long ones. Maybe 100k mobs or more for some of them. Or even millions, so soc work would literally have to work for years to complete some of them.

It's just like with the solo missions, so noone would be forcing you.
If you don't like teams, you just continue with your solo missions.

You are contradicting yourself:

1. At least X people in the team
  2. At least X people within a radius of X meters of each other while mob is being killed
  3. At least X people doing damage to the same mob, before it counts toward the mission goal
  4. At least X people healing?
  5. More ideas?

Now you can do all missions either in team or solo, depend of your liking and what you agree with your mates.
What you propose would ostracize solo players, and believe me there are quite a few who prefer to hunt solo or only with 1-2 trusted people.
Therefore I do not like whole idea.
Read my first post to see solution for current situation with mission points.

The rewards for a soc mission, is tied to the Society and not to any individual. The soc benefits are accumulated and permanent.

If such missions were added, the benefits should not be permanent tbh... Instead, the missions should be repeatable once a week or so, with effect lasting up to 14 days (giving it some overlap so the society does not have to renew it right away, but can choose to wait for a bit).

As for the "forced teaming" missions you suggest, I would prefer teams to simply make it slightly easier (for example, if a mob gives 10 points, those should be split according to damage dealt, making it possible for newbies to work on missions slightly above their level).

You are contradicting yourself:
No, I'm not.
There would be solo missions, and team missions. Team missions would have to be done in teams (obviously). Solo missions you can do alone just like today.

If you don't like the team missions, you just stick to the solo missions. Noone is forcing you to do team missions.

If such missions were added, the benefits should not be permanent tbh... Instead, the missions should be repeatable once a week or so, with effect lasting up to 14 days (giving it some overlap so the society does not have to renew it right away, but can choose to wait for a bit).
Yes, I thought the same thing, after posting the initial posts.
But I imagine there would be 100's of soc missions, like there is solo missions today, so I think a longer expiry time would be better. From a month to a year maybe. And some might be permanent.

But agree it would make sense to make some of the rewards temporary.

As for the "forced teaming" missions you suggest, I would prefer teams to simply make it slightly easier (for example, if a mob gives 10 points, those should be split according to damage dealt, making it possible for newbies to work on missions slightly above their level).
Yes, if they don't implement team/soc missions, they MA should at least make points splittable. Agree to that.
But I still think the team/soc missions would be far better.

No, I'm not.
There would be solo missions, and team missions. Team missions would have to be done in teams (obviously). Solo missions you can do alone just like today.

If you don't like the team missions, you just stick to the solo missions. Noone is forcing you to do team missions.

That is main problem.
As of now missions are NOT forced to be done solo. You can do them solo or in team.

I hope MA will not listen to your suggestion, because this forcing and limiting would break the game even more than it is now.

Very Much Like this idea :)

One of the things I have noticed is that soc team hunts have definately dropped off. It can take my soc weeks to get 4 - 6 players together for a team hunt. TBH though when we do we go on a 3 -4 day universe hunt across all the planets Space Stations. Since Christmas these have dropped off until now I have only one other soc member that I team hunt with.

I mainly team hunt now with other players around my level. This is one reason I think soc hunts have dropped off. We have a rule that item drops over 10 ped (or is it 20 cant remember) are split evenly between all soc team members who attack that mob (if you are away from team / revive / ammo run - then no loot)

This is great for lower lvl players and I used to love it. However I know that some of the higher level players weren't too happy as they had higher expenses to kill the same mob for equal return. THIS IS WHAT KILLED Team hunts in my soc.

I am unsure what rules are valid in other socs but in discussion with other players the rules seem similar.

SOLUTION - here you go MA - here is the solution.

Just remove item drops whenever there is a team hunt. It shouldn't be that difficult to do. If only stackables dropped on team hunts then "Damage Shares Loot" could be set meaning that loot is distributed in accordance with damage done. It also means no messing around selling items cheap on the auction in order to get ped to split between team members. The items that would have dropped could be given to solo players instead (has anyone else noticed less items drops these days).

This system would also allow a better flow in team hunts. In the past I have been in team hunt - particularly a long one - where there is a big item drop and one or two team members maybe be very low on ped. This means the hunt has to stop or ammo/ped leant out in order for the hunt to contuinue.

I think any change that reintroduces team hunting is a good idea.

Footnote - Max Hing if you are reading this TY for always being the one up for a hunt (Respect to Lady Ace Smith as well who is always ready for a team hunt)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: das
Great Idea

Very Much Like this idea :)

One of the things I have noticed is that soc team hunts have definately dropped off. It can take my soc weeks to get 4 - 6 players together for a team hunt. TBH though when we do we go on a 3 -4 day universe hunt across all the planets Space Stations. Since Christmas these have dropped off until now I have only one other soc member that I team hunt with.

I mainly team hunt now with other players around my level. This is one reason I think soc hunts have dropped off. We have a rule that item drops over 10 ped (or is it 20 cant remember) are split evenly between all soc team members who attack that mob (if you are away from team / revive / ammo run - then no loot)

This is great for lower lvl players and I used to love it. However I know that some of the higher level players weren't too happy as they had higher expenses to kill the same mob for equal return. THIS IS WHAT KILLED Team hunts in my soc.

I am unsure what rules are valid in other socs but in discussion with other players the rules seem similar.

SOLUTION - here you go MA - here is the solution.

Just remove item drops whenever there is a team hunt. It shouldn't be that difficult to do. If only stackables dropped on team hunts then "Damage Shares Loot" could be set meaning that loot is distributed in accordance with damage done. It also means no messing around selling items cheap on the auction in order to get ped to split between team members. The items that would have dropped could be given to solo players instead (has anyone else noticed less items drops these days).

This system would also allow a better flow in team hunts. In the past I have been in team hunt - particularly a long one - where there is a big item drop and one or two team members maybe be very low on ped. This means the hunt has to stop or ammo/ped leant out in order for the hunt to contuinue.

I think any change that reintroduces team hunting is a good idea.

Footnote - Max Hing if you are reading this TY for always being the one up for a hunt (Respect to Lady Ace Smith as well who is always ready for a team hunt)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

After I finish all my iron quests I will read this thread.

and on a serious note: nice ideas! precisely what the docter ordered!

Added these to the team requirement list, as suggested to me:
- Team agility spread bigger than X points. So we mix up teams with new/old players?
- Team max prof level spread bigger than X levels. So we mix up teams with low/med/uber players?

I like the idea. Though these requirements should only be for a few missions, imo.

Good idea? Bad idea?
Other ideas?

For team hunts, I would like to see a way to impose a certain gun to be used, or a list of 2-3, like an additional rule. I.e. the team creator can specify: only opalo/cb5 unamped, no enhancers allowed.

This way, a lot of (new) players will not be screwed so bad by dishonest players using a bigger gun once or two on every mob, assuring them the largest cut.

For team hunts, I would like to see a way to impose a certain gun to be used, or a list of 2-3, like an additional rule. I.e. the team creator can specify: only opalo/cb5 unamped, no enhancers allowed.

This way, a lot of (new) players will not be screwed so bad by dishonest players using a bigger gun once or two on every mob, assuring them the largest cut.
Hmm.. It's a bit off topic here, since it's a general team thing, and not about team missions. But... If it improves team hunts, I suppose it's related at least.

However, I think it's a misconception, that using a bigger gun than rest of team is an advantage.
It should be the same, since the stacks are divided according to dmg done, and the chance to get an item is also equal to your share of the damage. That is, if you choose shared loot.

In other words: If you use a bigger gun, and it's a good hunt, you profit more. If it's a bad hunt, you lose more.

Doesn't anyone wanna contribute with more ideas and suggestions?

Or is it perfect already? ;)

Just like in instances, all ppl should get a hunting log with dmg inficlted whenever someone joins or leave the team.
Pretty easy to split to % then & lootsplit will be based on the whole run so taking out a big gun every few mobs won't change the outcome by much.

What is more important is to split the points from a mission mob by the ppl who are involed..
If 3 ppl do the same dmg on a mob that gives 1 point, each should recive 0.33.. points
this way teamhunts are an option again when doing quests if you don't have the biggest gun.

The original format of the Sandking, i.e. pvp, was meant to be a soc / team thing but players didn't like it.

As Moondog has stated as items can often make up a large proportion of some loots it can often get tiresome dealing with either the sale or sharing of it. However removing item drops in favour of stackables just removes the point of team hunting i.e. taking on bigger mobs is thought to increase the chance of an item dropping.

Wouldn't more co/op missions be better rather than just making it purely about hunting, where a hunter needs to kill a certain number of mobs or collect enough stackables and a miner needs to find a certain ore / enmatter to progress through the levels with points being award to how much each player contributed to each amount.

This could simply be hunters protecting miners from mobs in high spawn areas.

Last edited:
I like it conceptually but it would need to be carefully implemented to make it more than just a situation where a bigger hunting soc/ more uber soc --> more perks. This is easily done with creative mission requirements, but i fear if this were implemented it would end up otherwise.

For example: perks specific to killing punies, perks specific to mining and crafting, perks only earnable by disciples and perks only given to disciples within a soc, perks that are averaged over number of soc members (so less members get more benefit, and vice versa) etc.

I do think most of the soc perks should decay with time. Completing the mission requirements again would reset the perk to full force. Others would be one-offs, like maybe total soc kills leading to soc trophies. Of course, then we'd need the ability to have soc properties etc...

Selling Soc invites 1k ped/month.

And may be bigger teams for soc Hunts, the current limit is 12 but there are alot of larger Socs which would have then to form 2 Teams.
:beerchug:

Greetz,
Jason
There's a reason it's only 12 because if it were bigger big socities could kill any mob with just an opalo. And get rich doing that.

Just like in instances, all ppl should get a hunting log with dmg inficlted whenever someone joins or leave the team.
Pretty easy to split to % then & lootsplit will be based on the whole run so taking out a big gun every few mobs won't change the outcome by much.

What is more important is to split the points from a mission mob by the ppl who are involed..
If 3 ppl do the same dmg on a mob that gives 1 point, each should recive 0.33.. points
this way teamhunts are an option again when doing quests if you don't have the biggest gun.

QFT (too short)

Back