Some ideas about how to make shops more attractive

Mice

Elite
Society
Experia
Migor Mice Oth
With all the shop sales happening I came to think of something.

Some of us (like me) dont really have a use for a full shop, therefor I came to think of an idea of shared shops between people in a society or even maybe people added to the shops guestlist (similar to estates).

This could be managed by some kind of shop terminal options where diffent people would have diffrent or same amount of shop item slots available etc, rent divided by item share etc...theres lots of ways to implement this with an easy and functioning GUI. Right now its a big hassle to run a shop together with friends since someone has to be resposnible for accounting, picking up and displaying items etc.

I think this would increase the quality of items in shop and give "going shopping in a mall" a better experience.

Right now many of us are just dumping stuff in auction, would it be nicer to see all those items displayed in shops. Some stackable items could be stacked together automaticly in a shop. For example person A sells 231 peds of fine wool, person B then wants to add 22 ped of fine wool to the shop, he now gets the option to add his 22 ped of fine wool to person As existing stack with the same markup price.

Also I think buyers should be able to buy parts of a stack. Say person C only needs 20 ped of fine wool, he can now select to buy only 20 peds out of the full stack for some extra % or something. ( Just like going to the butcher, you dont want to buy a whole cow just because they didnt have time to cut it up in the morning :D )

Hi I like the idea, I think something similar could be done with land areas being owned by 'investors' so a group of avas could chip in and take whatever their percentage share would be from tax etc. Okay there would be glitches to iron out but the basic premise would allow more people to have a 'stake' in the game.

Hi I like the idea, I think something similar could be done with land areas being owned by 'investors' so a group of avas could chip in and take whatever their percentage share would be from tax etc. Okay there would be glitches to iron out but the basic premise would allow more people to have a 'stake' in the game.

Agreed , good point. For me im not interested in running land or shops, but I am interested in an easy way to sell off my looted items without a big job involved.

hmm... well i think theres not enough space in the shops for atleast crafters who could have dozens of same item but they want to sell other items too and not to check the shop every hour if somebody had bought something so you could put another one in.

I like the idea if you could sell armors as single package and like basic hunting gear for newbs, breer + amp + ammo for one or two hunts or somthnig.

When looking for armor i always find a set but one part is missing :laugh:
so i edcide not to buy that one

very good ideea...sharing land areas and shops...:)

Nice ideas Mice. I like the shared shop option. I would probably use it on some of my items.

As for crafters I think shops should have an inventory system much like a storage. So you have your display item and then if you have many similar items they can be put into an inventory and accessed through some type of shop terminal this could also be integrated into the auction system. So if I want to see all of Buzz Light years items I can filter all his auction items and inventory items in his shops. Also to give incentives to shop owners anything sold on auction from their inventory should not be subject to any auction fees. I think this could be incentive for many people to own shops since it would give them more selling power than people auctioning and it would not limit regular people who cannot afford to rent a shop from selling their goods.

If its really thought out and planned (and they don't fee or tax us to death) the whole auction and mall system could be turned into one giant virtual commerce internet much like how RL buying and selling occurs these days. In RL you can go to the store, order from that store online, buy from an online auction, and get some items wholesale instead of paying the middle man. Like wise business men can own shops and online retail plus use auctions and wholesale site to sell their goods and the auctions allow regular "Joes" to sell whatever it is they have.

Limiting buying and selling in EU will only make it less enjoyable for everyone. Expanding upon it and making it accessible to everyone even the fresh OJs will be more sucessful and enjoyable for us all. More enjoyable means more players which ultimately will mean more money for MA.

Shared Shops

I think this would be a great idea and one that I think would catch on rather quickly. I think that if MA implemented this as an option that you would probably see many socs starting their own shops to help keep activities funded. I know my soc likes to run beacons from time to time or like the CP trip we had a few weeks ago.

I think this would really add a new option for some players who have a lot of stuff in their storage and aren't really sure how to sell it off. Now the economics of it would help a lot too. There would be a lot more options for those of us looking for items instead of just the auction or a select few shops. Hypothetical numbers used here but if the initial investment for a shop is 5k and you get 5 people top split that cost then the maintainence fee is 1k per month then you're talking about 1k initial per person and 200 ped per month ( I know these are probably not the correct numbers) but I think there would be a lot of shops opening in these new malls and that is what MA put them here for... to generate more economic growth.

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas :)

As Sirhc wrote a linking between shops, auctions etc would be great. And please why not make the auction more easily navigated by search functions, filters etc...If I want gremlin gloves (M) I dont want to browse trough 200 pages of male gloves (which could happen in afew years if EU expands bigtime). I want to filter out EXACTY what im looking for and get only those items listed...

Also adding orders to all items would be great. Imagine if you are looking for gremlin gloves (M) but dont find any or not at the price you are willing to pay. Why not be able to add an order for them with a % or tt+ offer. If someone then adds a pair he gets the option to see availabe orders and if he wants to choose to sell for a given order price.
Same type of orders could be used for selling / buying packages of stuff likes armor sets, starting kits (like a breer+a101+fap10, pixie set etc).
Happy seller - happy buyer.

More time to hunt, less time to hassle around towns, shops and auction to find what u need.

It's a good idea but I am not of exactly the best way to do it.... :scratch2:

- rent a table or shelf in a shop
- approach any shop and sell anything you like in it
- approach any shop and sell one particular class of item in it (eg armor)
- subscribe to a shop and then have a limit on the number of sales items

Virtually everyone in the game has some need for one of the above.... :wtg:

Back