FYI: something needs to be done!

how to maintain a good balance of skill price?

• nerf the skills more!

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • stop chipping in/out of skills

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • other post below

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters
well thats only half as much in £ :p so yeah i believ that is too cheap it should be way more expensive to get skills that good. but mostly lower levels come too quick so you reach say 5k or more verry early on.

Hello Steve :)

May I ask what what your 3 highest skills are please?

Are you planning on buying some skills on the near future to allow you to become uber?

Unfortunately there was no option in you poll for "The system works fine."

ahhhhh but it is permitted to sell an avatar so the skill would have value within the ava

and what exactly needs to be done ?

skill nerf ? thanks, but no, I'm completely fine that I need to cycle like 10k peds to gain one level

I dont know the solution, but I know that if u on the level when you gain skills so slow as u describe, the one point u gained cycling 10k peds is proportionally more expensive when u sell it. So I dont really get what u talkin about??!!!

10skills in high level proffesion will give u more peds when u sell em than 1000skills on low level, thats normal.

So u want to skill faster, and have the skill points u gained cost less?
Or do u believe u will skill faster and get same peds for it as if it was slow? :laugh:

it was chipped actually, for no other reason that overall skill :) beacuse it was CHEAP!

i dont know what you are moaning about i thought china was gonna join the game that surely will bring manny new menbers willing to snap up anything spare at stupid prices :yay: we are all saved! hoooray for china

will china joining the game not boost the economy as possibly sarcasticly mentioned above?

something needs to be done about the price of skills its becoming all to easy to buy your way to uberness! with people skilling to sell and not a lot of new players joining the prices are coming down how can we stop skills becoming worthless? and worse uberness becoming cheap.

Well, I don't see why you think its cheap to be honest. To chip to Commando and Kill Strike alone would cost you close to $20k. And to be honest, that alone really doesn't make you uber these days.

but why is rifle ony 2000% look at mining skills and engineering why are they higher in price? maybe rifle skill comes too easy? lots of players sell it buy not as many buy it?

Its easier to acquire rifle. You just buy a gun and shoot it repeatedly. Skilling engineering is either very slow, or very costly unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I'm not sure what you consider cheap, but I played a little with Jdegre's skill site. (oke, you said that $40k is cheap, but not everyone will agree on that ...)

Profession: Laser Sniper (Hit):
Noobish Uber = 30 = ~4.3k PEDs
Cool Noobish Uber = 40 = ~11.3k PEDs
Semi-Uber = 50 = ~26.0k PEDs
Rich semi-Uber = 60 = ~48.7k PEDs
Starting Uber = 70 = ~87.8k PEDs
Commando Uber = 80 = ~137.4k PEDs
Chipping Uber = 90 = ~196.4k PEDs
Master Uber = 100 = ~263.6k PEDs
Impressive Uber = 110 = ~348.5k PEDs
Entropia Master = 120 = ~471.8k PEDs
The Best = 130 = ~685.4k PEDs

It becomes a little bit unreliable at about a prostanding of 110.
Is it cheap? Consider what more you can buy for 430 dollar to 68540 dollar.
If you moan more about things that are cheap and that everyone can become an uber, pass some spare money to me please.

:rolleyes::cowboy::rolleyes:

ok by what you posted i could chip my way to somewhere between starting uber and commando uber today if the chips were available :silly2:

ok by what you posted i could chip my way to somewhere between starting uber and commando uber today if the chips were available :silly2:

Don't forgot to make it worth doing, you'd also have to chip up to a similar level in the Ranged (Dmg) profession (which is more expensive), chip up some Dodger/Evader profession levels (also very expensive at the high levels), and then buy some high level gear to make real use of the skills.

A noob who has 100k ped to spare and chips it all into Laser Sniper skills doesn't become an uber, he just becomes a stupid noob ;)

you can't buy REAL experience. just because you have the skill on paper doesnt' make you an uber player by any means.

plus say you chip up to a high level rifle and try to take out high level mobs, you will still get eaten alive because you have no defense skills.

skills are a total package and being natural is always the best way since you will be most rounded.

for example a naturally skilling player to serendipity vs a two day noob that bought their way up will be much more skilled in RL and in game.

You haven't really added anything to your own argument here, except you have a lot of peds to blow on skills that won't give you any more satisfaction by obtaining them by natural skilling.

Perhaps you should invest in some more 'scan human' skill - just in case the market price for that goes through the roof ;)

something needs to be done.

wait till i unlock kill strike, then nerf the crap out of it, again...

ok, thanks.

well thats only half as much in £ :p so yeah i believ that is too cheap it should be way more expensive to get skills that good. but mostly lower levels come too quick so you reach say 5k or more verry early on.

I have chipped quite a lot and invested quite a lot, but I am no where near 5k in one skill. I think it would cost me around 500 $ to get only one skill up to 5 k. Now, that may sound really cheap, but since I work for my money it is not.

Still think the only ones whining about "skills are too cheap" are the ones which see their bots costing more electricity than they earn PEDs.
After hitting level 20 in a combat profession I rather hunt and skill up natural then paying 500 PEDs for one level in profession.

Hmm, I think people are getting side-tracked...

The original question, to paraphrase, was, "What can we or MA do to prevent the values of skills from decreasing?" :scratch2:

Virtually all skills have dropped in value in the last six to nine months. Some seem to have stabilised recently although they generally appear to be still going down...

Hmm, I think people are getting side-tracked...

The original question, to paraphrase, was, "What can we or MA do to prevent the values of skills from decreasing?" :scratch2:

I think the point some people (me at least) have been trying to make is "Why should we do anything?" What is the problem that they are decreasing? It is a disadvantage for the seller, but it is not a problem for the community.
People complain SO OFTEN that the people who joined before the skill nerf have all the advantage and others don't have any chance of reaching so high skills...and now people complain that skill prices are dropping?!!

Besides, the question has already been answered.
Q: What can we do to prevent the values of skills from decreasing?
A: Buy skills

Yep I think skills are to cheap, I will gladly sell all mine to the OP for double the market value - make a stand

and double my skill value:whistle:

So what if people chip their way to uberness?
So what if new players bring a heep of money into the game to buy themselves skills and uber gear. So what?

These players are likely to keep spending shedloads of peds in the game, and thus making it a better game for all of us since they're not all going to get uber loots, and most certainly not all the time, leaving atleast half a shedload of peds in the loot pool for the rest of us.

And, but this is pure speculation, the more money turned over each day the greater the chance of MA re-balancing some of the items that are "uber" because of their rareness, meaning that we might just see another mod merc or imp/mod fap looted. Or why not an unL oreamp...
In a population of 700k+ people it's not likely that there should be only one...
In that aspect the "real cash economy" could be more real in my opinion.

Steve Mischief

something needs to be done about the price of skills its becoming all to easy to buy your way to uberness! with people skilling to sell and not a lot of new players joining the prices are coming down how can we stop skills becoming worthless? and worse uberness becoming cheap.

Consider this

First, because of the big "esi nerf", at the same time it made it harder to chip *in* (number of "chips" needed for a certain level), it suddently made the mass of skills, counted in "TT-value", much higer, especially for people who had more than 8000 "points" in each skill. Probably, one uber who chips out will cause more skills "on the market" than the skills already there. So, changing how it works can be a double-edged sword.

Secondly, uberness is not only about skills. It's also about items (and *that's* expensive) and reputation (priceless). If an "uber" goes out and pk tp-runners just for the fun of it, he will be considered as an obnoxious pk:er, regardless how much skills and fancy stuff he got. And ingame experience, of course. It can be knowing what place to be on at the right time, to the art of pk:ing; the more "real life" aim and dodge skills often practiced in ring.

Back