Space exploit very lucrative

Status

shadowlord

Mature
Was told about a guy in EU making bank summoning botters to space and killing them, is this true? And would you get in troubls doing it to botters?

This is certainly a hot topic today haha.
People on this forums would get a hard on if you did it to a botter. But it would be against TOS still as you are disrupting another participants gameplay. Will you get banned? Go find out I guess. Botting is meant to get you banned too… but it doesn’t.

Well i mean like your killing a cheater with what may or may not be an exploit, and it's not like they can report you without saying they were cheating in the first place, lol

Well i mean like your killing a cheater with what may or may not be an exploit, and it's not like they can report you without saying they were cheating in the first place, lol
Yeah so they admit they were cheating, and then instead if you getting banned, now you both get banned. Great outcome, you showed him lol.

It's kinda hot topic these days..
But imo if u steal from a thief you are also a thief.
Now you can argue who is the bigger thief but you have to agree that both are thieves.

But is it an exploit? You invite someone to your ship and THEY AGREE. Since they agree to join your ship it wouldn't be considered disruptive play. So is it clever use of game mechanics or is it an exploit?

But is it an exploit? You invite someone to your ship and THEY AGREE. Since they agree to join your ship it wouldn't be considered disruptive play. So is it clever use of game mechanics or is it an exploit?
Adding them to your guestlist does not require their permission

Also i'm a lowbie and couldn't kill anyone in PvP but would like to know about this. Not a thief :)

Adding them to your guestlist does not require their permission
Then it must be the summoning after they are on guest list that they have to give permission to?
If so, then it would still not be disruptive play because they agree to be summoned to space, correct?

Well now you know, yes it’s possible, yes it happens and it also happens to people that aren’t botting.
And no there doesn’t have to be any consent whatsoever. You can be out hunting, half paying attention, I secretly add you to quad guest list, land on top of you, you press F to shoot a mob but instead jump in my vehicle, I take off, you either don’t notice in time, or decide to take a break at that exact moment, or can’t figure out how to escape the vehicle in flight, then I take you to lootable. You gave no consent to any of that.

Well now you know, yes it’s possible, yes it happens and it also happens to people that aren’t botting.
And no there doesn’t have to be any consent whatsoever. You can be out hunting, half paying attention, I secretly add you to quad guest list, land on top of you, you press F to shoot a mob but instead jump in my vehicle, I take off, you either don’t notice in time, or decide to take a break at that exact moment, or can’t figure out how to escape the vehicle in flight, then I take you to lootable. You gave no consent to any of that.
Wow.... I had no idea people could do that. I think that would be considered disruptive play. But if you are summoned to a ship and accept i don't think that would be disruptive play, because the "F" key would auto accept the pop-up window which is the same as agreeing to go to space. I think a different key should be needed to enter a ship.

Wow.... I had no idea people could do that. I think that would be considered disruptive play. But if you are summoned to a ship and accept i don't think that would be disruptive play, because the "F" key would auto accept the pop-up window which is the same as agreeing to go to space. I think a different key should be needed to enter a ship.
The F button doesn’t accept a mothership summons, that needs a mouseclick.
yep, a different key for entering a ship is a good idea, I have that as a suggestion in a post going at the moment on this very topic.

yep, a different key for entering a ship is a good idea, I have that as a suggestion in a post going at the moment on this very topic.
Then how are they getting botters on the ships if they are only using "F" key and not clicking?

A good idea would be for botters to exit ship, right?

No, if someone wants to "F" and peel potatoes away from keyboard that is on them. PVP is part of this game and it is responsibility of every player to be careful they do not enter PVP areas.

The disruption of play should not include people using macros and not paying attention to what their avatar is doing. You wouldn't press "R" and start running all over the planet while being away from your keyboard now would you?

No, if someone wants to "F" and peel potatoes away from keyboard that is on them. PVP is part of this game and it is responsibility of every player to be careful they do not enter PVP areas.

The disruption of play should not include people using macros and not paying attention to what their avatar is doing. You wouldn't press "R" and start running all over the planet while being away from your keyboard now would you?
actually auto running and afking was a popular way of getting tps before ships

Was told about a guy in EU making bank summoning botters to space and killing them, is this true? And would you get in troubls doing it to botters?
is this true? yes
would you get in trouble doing it to botters? no

no one's gameplay is getting disrupted (a bot getting dragged to space is not gameplay, its botting) so not against ToS
only approved in-game systems are used for this "trick"

mindark has received many tickets about this specific issue and the perpetrators were literally told they haven't done anything against the ToS. ive literally chatted with one of them which i unfortunately cannot name here as i will anger the pcf gods

the whole morality of it is debatable as in two wrongs dont make a right etc etc, but this would literally be a non-issue if people werent macroing or botting. if you cant be assed to press F manually how about playing something else

Then how are they getting botters on the ships if they are only using "F" key and not clicking?
Just because someone uses the "F" key, does not mean they are not botting. It is a game mechanic.

Interfering with one's game play is against the TOS. Doesn't matter if you think they are botting or not. If you think someone's botting and there's proof, then report them with evidence and Mindark's responsibility is to sort it out. Not yours. That is just righteous vigilantism.

So the answer to your question, no matter how you slice it is:
And would you get in troubls doing it to botters?

Yes.

A good idea would be for botters to exit ship, right?
As is the recent case, that brings this topic up for the 1000th time, new players aren't going to know this as it is not as easy as pressing F.

Just because someone uses the "F" key, does not mean they are not botting. It is a game mechanic.

Interfering with one's game play is against the TOS. Doesn't matter if you think they are botting or not. If you think someone's botting and there's proof, then report them with evidence and Mindark's responsibility is to sort it out. Not yours. That is just righteous vigilantism.

So the answer to your question, no matter how you slice it is:

Yes.

As is the recent case, that brings this topic up for the 1000th time, new players aren't going to know this as it is not as easy as pressing F.

So, for you, botting is gameplay? Brilliant...

while there are other key combos that can do the same without getting into a ship so its moot.

popcorn-watching-tv.gif

botters make excellent finishers for you and saves you lots of ammo ;) especially when the AFK botter KSs mobs all around them like a total douche bag.

cough , vixen spawn , cough

I would say if you want to do something about botters, then report them. Even if your report alone is ignored, multiple reports can add up and lead to action. As far as whether someone is botting or not falling for this, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone who is actually looking at their screen could have a vehicle land on them, jump in, then get flown all the way to space without EASILY being able to exit the vehicle in time. Unless you're at some extremely high altitude hunting before you get picked up, in which case an active player would almost certainly still be able to get out.

I'd be extremely surprised if anyone who is actually looking at their screen could have a vehicle land on them, jump in, then get flown all the way to space without EASILY being able to exit the vehicle in time.
this x1000.

was there ever just one case of this happening to a non-botter?

this x1000.

I’ve been landed on and he was trying for like 5-6 minutes to get me to click and enter his ship when I was hunting. I didn’t enter obviously and I waited until he gave up just to see how long he would keep trying.

Not long before that I was annoyed of not being able to exit my ship before I was landed (using F key) and I started looking for a way to do this. Before I had a key mapped to exit vehicle but this button is now removed so if I entered before I learned about how to get out in air and got stressed with 10-15k loot on me I could easy be a victim of this scam even if I was at my computer.

that is not "bot" that is a F autorepeat....
i think that landing on an avatar to meliciusly let him inside your vehicle for whatever purpose is a violation for " interfering with other people gaming"
there is no excuses, it is an organized fraud to steal money from another player, i think that IP BAN should be applied to the vehicle driver.

Reactions: Mil
this x1000.

Just this week, a guy picked up a new player who he thought was botting allegedly and then lied about it after it was brought up. The new player was on the verge of quitting the game until many members of the community reached out to him being supportive. The guy who looted the player has since reimbursed him to try and make things right after being caught in a string of lies.

Link to thread:

Status
Back