Space Flights - Beware!

Just name them, they are deliberately misleading players. I have no issues with you naming them!

The one without bra tried was begging me for 5 peds to "let me free" as he was shooting me down in space. He only got to take me down twice, as I got away pretty easy third time. I felt good know he lost more than he was asking me :)

Advice to anyone encountering this! Don't fall for this scam, they will eventually lose interest if they only shoot and get nothing back, plus you might stumble upon a noob pirate like I did :).

These are the kind of people who should be banned forever from EU and their main accounts should be locked for months so they learn never to do this again. I mean think about it.. if you were a new player and this happened to you, most of us would've quit the game and uninstalled it. EU has a small enough player base as it is.. letting these types of things go on unpunished only gives newcomers another reason to give up on EU. It's already hard for a new player as it is. Imo they should make so newcomers (Below certain skill level) won't be able to go to space unless being summoned by a mothership that way these things can't happen.

The one without bra tried was begging me for 5 peds to "let me free" as he was shooting me down in space.

the continuously shooting down the same person was a reason someone has been locked I believe or at least warned in the past.

The only way to make exit from a safe zone safe is to make it hidden i.e. gas cloud or debris to hide behind.

But MA knew this was always a possible outcome, anyone with a slight knowledge of pvp could tell it was a possibility with the way space was designed.

That's why they added the invulnerability when spawning and tp'ing planet side they even had to add the safe zones in space and eventually moved the entry point from a generic area to the planets local space station.

Many years ago we saw similar things happening with the original contaminated zones, players being drawn into them as a team member only to be looted when they got far enough in.

Thanks for naming those assholes! Unfortunately they will make new avatars and repeat same actions with clean name...

I don't understand why such lowlifes are not dealt with.
MA should crosscheck IP and ban access to game from it for all avatars (for limited time at first as a warning, with proper information sent to e-mail).
Somebody will say that their 'brother' did it as a joke? Good, let him learn responsibility and maybe after this warning there will be no excuses like that again!

If same happens again ban them for life. MA don't want to lose player? How about that one asshole cost game multiple other players who will quit....

As for stupid comment that MA is promoting such things - this is utter BS!
Space is necessary for separating economies of Planets. Nobody promotes retarded behavior!

Not a very good plan, i like to fly my disciples around to see other planets while they are disciples, and low lvl, free items for them from the starter missions :)

Actually I think it's not so bad plan to make it stick to Planet till graduation.
The way i understand it, free items are intended for people who start off at specific Planet anyway.

expecting mods to come in and with an edit happy hand any time now...

(added info in the op in a blog somewhere on the internet just in case...)

As far as graduation goes before space travel - BAD IDEA... it would leave n00bs stuck on asshole planet they picked at start instead of giving them incentive to explore new planets that might not be run by assholes.

MA is not guilty, same space. It's like blaming knife for ppl being murdered.

Experienced players just empty your inventory and accept their offers....waste their ped and provide yourself with some amusement.

The one without a bra is back in business @Icarus right now.

Edit: Obviously did not survive the shit storm.

Last edited:
IF you see it, just follow them up, kill them both, return the loot and give the guy a lift back to planet.

They will soon stop.

Scratch that:

If anyone is down there now Add me in game, i will go sit in caly and do it myself.

Pirates I am all for, but being a douche to completely new players is not cool.

Reactions: sbi
this does seem a bit like shooting oneself in the foot. I mean ffs, like you said, newbies don't have a lot of loot, secondly, its as if they are trying to get people to quit, no other alternative.

That's why we experienced players should step up and help new players :)

I am in

Day 1 in potato -

He is flying me out
Towards FOMA

You were removed from the guest list of the Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) managed by Mr Sexy Potato.

He kills you that way :p

He died....

Lots of pirates out tonight

He won't be back tonight :p

Last edited:
I am in

You were removed from the guest list of the Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) managed by Mr Sexy Potato.

He kills you that way :p

That's enough for a support case for me, actually. - Would like to know if that kind of BS is really a regular space combat action.

Big Black Riding hood is for sure a alt, seen that avatar at the newbie rig a few times. I suspect its somebody who with that's persons primary avatar frequents the newbie rig.

Lady Jennifer Art destroyed Quad-Wing Interceptor (L).
You inflicted 97.7 points of damage.
Lady Jennifer Art killed Mr Sexy Potato.

I think Potato is also an alt, he is not a bad fighter

I think Potato is also an alt, he is not a bad fighter

funny you say that my friends in NVE have been telling me of another soc that was trying to push NVE out of space. though the other soc failed at this they may be involved in this problem with the alts now.

[Lady Jennifer Art] Potato who is your main ?
[Mr Sexy Potato] this is my main
[Mr Sexy Potato] lol i read the forum post posted @ icarus
[Mr Sexy Potato] about us
[Mr Sexy Potato] lol
[Mr Sexy Potato] we are no ALTS
[Mr Sexy Potato] this is our main accounts.
[Mr Sexy Potato] this is what we do
[Mr Sexy Potato] i have no intention of being nice
[Lady Jennifer Art] I do not believe you
[Lady Jennifer Art] :D
[Lady Jennifer Art] Word spreads fast
[Lady Jennifer Art] so I think its over for you
[Mr Sexy Potato] i was world's best in need for speed and VERY good at battlefield 2 flying

[Lady Jennifer Art] nothing like EU
[Lady Jennifer Art] EU is buggy has hell
[Mr Sexy Potato] doesnt matter
[Mr Sexy Potato] similar enough.
[Mr Sexy Potato] u learn
[Mr Sexy Potato] i got 300 kills w/ ship
[Mr Sexy Potato] i wish i could see actual total
[Mr Sexy Potato] entropia can 'cross check' IP's all they want
[Mr Sexy Potato] nothing there to find

Just some reading

HI potato. he is listening :)

He called me out in front of people, we had a fight, with some help I won :p

He is

[Mr Sexy Potato] i got some friends coming

Apparently he is from LB =)

[Lady Jennifer Art]
[Mr Sexy Potato] i was world's best in need for speed and VERY good at battlefield 2 flying

:lolup::lolup:

My spidey sense says your about 10 yrs old to actually feel the need to quote how "good" you are at other games .
Loser

/mod note/ merged 2 threads on same topic

IF only there are cheap warp flights that offer live chat and/or video feeds for ease of mind, even while logged out, or not.

IF people realized that pirates waste alot of ped shooting starfinders down, for what should be no gain, maybe they would enjoy helping to cause high pirate decay, with no reward.

Then people wouldn't have to worry, even with loot.

Except....I do offer such a service. :wtg:

So this should never be a problem. :yup:

had to. :)

These kind of deceptive tactics are a violation of the TOU section 8G (according to MA support, anyway). You may not lure someone out into a PVP zone on false pretenses, for the purpose of looting them. This is considered "deceptive" activity.

Last edited:
Even comes with a warning.

Actually I'm not sure it does. It warns the pilot for sure (who knows full well that its lootable PVP!) and gives the pilot a chance to say no. The passenger get no such option to say "oops, no, i'll stay on planet thanks".

It would be useful for MA to add the pop-up to both people and only if they both say yes do they get to space. That way noobs can still travel with mentors etc, but scammers cant take people who dont know space is lootable PVP...

wow i'm very happy to see people really taking action and stand against this type of activities !!

thanks guys im really happy now

kill em !!!!

I just wish to say that MA dose not care what happens i have seen it to meany times I was plying years go and it was do to people like that I stopped playing the real AS* WIPES I just started back a week or so and I feel better about the game now that I can really do more in the game now, before I did not have the money to make deposit now I can make a few and have fun and even make some peds.
But these sorts of people make me MAD as HELL I think that MA should start a bounty system maybe not using peds or thing like that but some thing like top gun or some what the key thing is the ones with the bounty stays that way for so much time till the learn that they should stop being such a as* wipe they die then for the day they can go on like is wrong then the next they die again and so forth.

I am a nice guy I try to help other if I can but if some one is doing thing like those 2 I would just love to kick there ass in to space and see them die slow in a space suit and no oxy tank...

:>

This is the first preliminary reply:

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for your report. An ongoing investigation has started regarding this issue. Rest assured proper action will be taken if irregularities are found.

Kind regards,
Cameron | Planet Calypso Support

They should get a ban, i would have thought.

They are attacking the new players.

MA/Caly team etc, are fully aware and are actively attracting new players, so it makes sense for them to address this issue.

It would be useful for MA to add the pop-up to both people and only if they both say yes do they get to space. That way noobs can still travel with mentors etc, but scammers cant take people who dont know space is lootable PVP...

This could be a decent fix , except when they finally make privateers able to land on Calypso , but it would suck to have to wait for the passengers to accept the space ride to leave again , maybe that could be excluded for those.

Bones

Back