Space Lootable or not Lootable?

FuRiouSOne

Young
Dan
Ok I am very confused. When going to crystal palace or monria there is text that comes up mid screen that says LOOTABLE PVP but the icon on the compass is not lit up red (its still orange), pvp icon IS red. So my question is what is correct? Why is the game telling me its lootable when its not or vise versa?

I have even checked the http://www.entropia-library.xyz/space-map/ and from what I see there is a small strip that is red going to monria which does make the lootable icon light up red meaning that is official lootable zone right? is this map correct?

I have read there was a change not long ago that lootable was removed from planet areas but why is the game still telling everyone we are entering in lootable pvp?

I noticed the same when going to Arkadia Moon. To me is that they are just a bunch of amateurs that forgot to sync the warnings.

Indeed the PvP lootable in red never shows up, just in yellow what means we are close to PvP lootable.

A simple patch would fix this too IF they cared enough about their own game. They only care about money.

If you don't trust the msg stay static and test it yourself xD You'll be dissapointed probably ......

Anny Divine Thundergirl has made a great interactive space map that shows which areas are lootable and which are not. It also shows the server borders, space mob areas, etc.

A big par of space is now non lootable PvP.

So it is now possible to hunt space creatures without taking the risk of being looted? That gives pilot skills right? I would enjoy some more of those skills.

Another half-baked job from MA, as per the map put together by Anny from data collected by the crew of MS Kronan after the changes to space last year, you can see that much of space is now non-lootable pvp, you can be shot, you can't be looted ( think orange pvp planetside).
This was done by MA to prevent pirates camping the SS. So yes some parts of space are now much safer.
Sadly they forgot to change the messages from the old system to match the new, so it will tell you it is lootable, many times, but not always accurately. As was said in a previous answer watch the radar, the coloured indicators do appear accurate, and double red means lootable.

But..
To get from planet to planet (not including FOMA/CP from Caly, or Ark moon from Arkadia) you will pass through lootable PVP space (red PVP), depending on direction of travel this may be a narrow band or maybe be substantial, so please remember that pirates do still exist although in reduced numbers, they will still sit on the more obvious routes just after you hit lootable PVP, so take care, don't make yourself a soft target, get off that straight line, remember that space is 3D not 2D.
If carrying larger amounts of lootables it is still a good idea to use a warp service (Privateer or Mothership), yes they also pass through lootable PVP, but they have much higher Structural Integrity than a quad/sleip/equus/firebird and may well also carry crew to help defend the ship. Faster than sub-warp travel too :)
equus/firebird do warp but they don't have improved SI, so ideal for speed but you should remember you will still be as lootable as in your quad. Great for travel when lootables are not carried.

Hunting in some parts of space is now available without entering lootable PVP, so yes those that want the skills can give it a whirl in a quad. But please note the Training grounds are now much further from the SS, and often at a much higher or lower elevation, so you will have a lot more flying to get back out there if you die. See Anny's map for accurate waypoints. But take care to set them using her /wp {position} command lines as just clicking on the map to set pos will not set the correct elevation (Z axis) so you could end up way above or below the hunt area and not see any mobs at all.

for those that missed the link to the current map it can be found at http://www.entropia-library.xyz/space-map/ use the tick boxes to see the different features and also to get the useful list of waypoints (under the map)
but remember MA can change space at a vu and may do so in the future, always check VU notes, and if there has been major changes be very cautious until more experienced players have had chance to check/ edit any mapping

It gives you skills for being a poor pilot (i.e. being hit). Whether or not you also get weap or space sys skills depends on whether you hunt in a quad or a finder/MS. I am a good way along one of the codexes, so a fair amount of turnover, but loots were meh! In the end I've stopped for now because the repeatables (where you can choose any skill from the sets) make you do more and more turnover for the same reward, which I find a poor reward for getting so far. It's typical MA mentality.
At least change it to stable repeat conditions, MA, and announce the change in September please! Then, you may get more turnover from me and not less....

This lootable areas change was made how long ago but this text message still pops up for everyone and no one has complained? lol. Im sure some have but I have done much searching for an answer with not much luck. Like i said I have seen the map but its just worrisome still seeing that text message pop up and sit there wondering who is right? Hell the game doesnt even know lol.

Well i have done my part and submit a support ticket on the issue. I suggest everyone do the same til its fixed :). Thanks for the reply's and putting my mind at ease.

I haven't seen any pirates anymore since the change, so it is much welcomed.

This lootable areas change was made how long ago but this text message still pops up for everyone and no one has complained? lol.
Well, the message used to be right, but now it's just another example of MA's sloppiness. You even get the forced loot warning when you enter safe space stations from space that is now safe too. I believe the army expression is snafu: situation normal - all fucked up! Hardened space travellers know it's just a relict of older times, but it doesn't inspire confidence, no.
As for contacting support or hoping for it to be changed = :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. If you look at vu changes notifications from some planets you will see the same 'known problems: will be changed at ... some point' listed for years and years, really!

If you look at vu changes notifications from some planets you will see the same 'known problems: will be changed at ... some point' listed for years and years, really!

Yeah, my favorite is "All Cyrene vehicles (P.I.G.V., Spear, Lancer, Dragonfly) have default sounds, this will be addressed in a future patch", it's featured in every patch note since the launch of Cyrene in 2012, they only add new vehicles to the list :D

they never did away with the messages on entrering/exiting planets that it costs to enter. They did away with planet entry fee when they made the other changes last year as well... but it will still cost if you tp down from SS. (In the past only Monria had no entry fee since you could tp down free. Now you just enter atmosphere without any problems anywhere... thruster will still decay on exiting planets though)

Back