Space Mining - Brain storming

DaisyColdFinger

Stalker
Society
ROCK STARS>TKoE>Hell Yeah
Daisy ColdFinger (RIP 2008/22)
We all know im no miner, so feel free you miners to add onto this and break it appart to see what floats in the end :D

Finding

Uses Research Drone > Insert Oil > Attach current Finder > Attach Probes > Set range parameter > Set drop frequency > Place externally > Activate from Safe > Recall (Flies back, NOT auto inventory)
Finds are Marketed on Operators map not visible to outsiders to be mined later by the operator.
Research Drones cannot be attacked.
The operator does not need to be present at the location where finds are made.

Extraction / Recovery

Uses Resource Recovery Drone > Insert oil > Attach current Extractor > Place externally > Activate > Recall (Flies back, NOT auto inventory)
Mine multiple claims
Minor SI and evasive capabilities
Recovery Drones can be attacked and looted (Their own storage) but the operator has the ability to minimise range or be present and defend or not.
Can be healed with spawned Repair Drone (Attach repair tool > Set target > Activate > recall (Recall activated the return flight NOT auto inventory recall)
The operator does need to be in relative range (Cannot be in safe) of finds being extracted.

Extraction/Recovery Drones can have multiple uses in mining and hunting

Repair Drone > Insert oil > Attach existing repair tool > Set target (Dependant on range) > Recall or Auto recall if RD drone is destroyed.
Can auto follow and repair any (multiple) target in repair range.

Recalling any type drone does NOT auto recall to inventory or storage. They should be allowed to fly back at their own speeds and board the operators vessel unless intercepted by the operator on site.
Any tool that is attached to any drone will auto recall to operators inventory.
Damaged drones can be spawned on site in space and repaired.

I quite like the idea of integrating existing tools with less new stuff (too much already). So here is what i got real quick on Mining in Space...... So maybe no more than say 4 drone types where we can attach exiting tool and functionality too with minor new enhancements SO as not to over crowd the "new stuff" situation any more than is needed.

Thoughts ?

DCF

Nice one (once more) Daisy. Though borrowed from EVE - which is fine.

But its too complex a coding effort for MA to come up with, sadly.

A simple ship mining laser in space will suffice - I used to do space mining on asteroids in Star Wars Galaxies (RIP) for crafting Star Ships and special items! And it was fun!

Space_mining_1.jpg

The space was also full of Space Pirate npcs and patrols so there would always be danger involved - plus the asteroids were moving and rotating as well so had to be twitch-responsive as well.

Nice one (once more) Daisy. Though borrowed from EVE - which is fine.

But its too complex a coding effort for MA to come up with, sadly.

A simple ship mining laser in space will suffice - I used to do space mining on asteroids in Star Wars Galaxies (RIP) for crafting Star Ships and special items! And it was fun!

The space was also full of Space Pirate npcs and patrols so there would always be danger involved - plus the asteroids were moving and rotating as well so had to be twitch-responsive as well.

Ic, tried eve once (trial account)....was a salvager lol....so didnt really know thye use this method there for mining, but i can see why...makes it more interesting for sure. For extraction i suppose lasers are fine, but that means the operator needs to always be close to site which i guess is fine....i just liked the idea of finding and chasing drones also :D

Thought you were a Quadwing/Sliep/MS miner mining the pockets of unsuspecting space travelers :p

JK

Space mining good idea, but wow that seems a bit complex for MA people I think lol, it will probably be more fly close to asteroid press drop bomb find press extract resource. Where you need special attachments on your space vehicle to do space mining and extracting which both decay.

I am still awaiting the disappointment of fishing that was all the rage awhile ago. I am expecting swimming in water dropping under water probes and extracting floating orbs in the water with a special under water extractor. I am not expecting fishing poles, needing boats or anything like that. Just form past additions they seem to just use the same system with different graphics for everything, I have not see a lot of originality to the base system added since I started playing 2 years ago. Lets face it treasure hunting could have been so much different then beacons but they just repainted the beacon system is all. I expect nothing else from any new add on's personally.

Just my opinions here, love'em hate'em, they are still mine :D

Recovery Drones can be attacked and looted (Their own storage) but the operator has the ability to minimise range or be present and defend or not.

---

Ah, there is the real reason. A way for pirates to get loot from space miners. ;)

so..... I could mine in lootable pvp, with the ridiculous clunky space controls, where I mostly always get shot in the back, and can't see the scumbag pirates coming, and have mostly no chance under normal cicumstances, let alone when most of the pirates are doing cheats, and i'm mining and digging claims????

What a great idea! Just what scumbag, rapist pirates need...something else slanted towards them....:laugh::laugh:

Why don't we just set up a way I can just take my deposits, and give them directly to the dirtbags...lol
Would save alot of work... :rolleyes:

I vote...ummmm....no. ;)

How's about before we come up with more ways to rob peoples ped in space, they fix space so it's not a worthless piece of crap to everyone except pirates??

Just sayin....:rolleyes:

---

Ah, there is the real reason. A way for pirates to get loot from space miners. ;)

Defensive and tracker drones was going to come in the next installment, not under mining but used in conjunction with mining and hunting to protect or track remote drones to various degrees (used by all)....but seems the overall impression here is that MA are incapable of coding at this level which is a shame if it were true :/

Last edited:
Ah well, i was often wondering why i dont get paid by you lately
...theres always ways if you really want to do it you know :scratch2:

In the end this is no vote of yes or no...
<snipped>​

THIS is supposed to be BRAINSTORMING...
<snipped>

Of course a PvP miner would need to prepare his little run since it would be foolish to not do so :wise:

I've never paid you or any other space cadet little man. ;)
<snip>

**Unsubscribed**. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how in my mind anyhow the whole thing would have worked LIVE.

Space Miner Deploys Research Drone from safe and they fly out into lootable at a range that is conducive to the miners finder range (maybe ^^)

Resources are identified and pos markers activated on the operators map as and when they find them before the research drones return.

The Operator then moves within range and deploys a Recovery Drone and two Defense Drones to accompany it.

Mean while a pirate in near some asteroids has deployed his own Research Drones but set to identify Other Drones/Treasure rather than resources) before he flies off and tries again.

At the new location the Pirates Research Drones find one of the miners Recover Drones and tags it before carrying on the search, showing on the Pirates map.

Having tracked a Recover drone the pirate heads off in that direction, not realising there are also two Defense Drones accompanying the Miners Recovery drone Drone.

One shot on the Recovery Drone activates the Defense drones who start circling the Recovery Drone to deflect shots for myself. Due to their small size hitting them is hard as it is without the defensive drones helping out also.

Noticing the damage the Space miner Recalls, and the Recovery drones starts heading back with the defensive drones deflecting shots all the way (Maybe they should have the ability to at least do some damage to the attacker also)

At this time the Pirate also deploys Defensive Drones or in his case Attack Drones inflicting the same miner damage but ONLY tot he other defensive drones (They cant damage a Recovery Drone, only a pilot can)

The Miners sends out another two Defensive drones which fly out, meet up with their target and help increase the protection factor as the Miners drones head back to safe.

The scenario can ofc play out in a variety of different ways.....So on and so forth.....well that was my vision more or less.

Be nice if we actually had a idea of what was possible with MA's skill set and tools they have.

DCF

I totally agree with everything Daisy said and I support the OP's ideas and I totally agree with everyone and I'm on topic and I love you all and the moderators are not passive aggressive love love love love love. :yay:

Any changes made to space at this point would be great even if they were bad lol. As it is it's just stagnant and there is not enough feedback from the developers letting the community know whats up. Anyone else feel a little ignored? But seriously I really do like the space mining concept in any capacity, I would definitely participate in the mining one way or another ;)

cool stuff

• There has to be both safe and lootable mining in Space, just like it is on the planets.
  • The Lootable Space Mining would be a risky business, and it could use some new and expensive toys...

I think MA can code anything if they believe it will be successful commercially.

But seriously I really do like the space mining concept in any capacity, I would definitely participate in the mining one way or another ;)

Yea i like it too, this way it kinda gives mining that treasure hunting feel me thinks :D But yea, if MA did this we as pirates could use the same "Space mining" system, except in our case we would drop probes to scan for recovery drones. With space being 3d there defo needs to be this sort of "remote" system.

With space so big i think it would be insane not to incorporate some sort of remote "play"...ie "Drones" or else allot of ppl are gonna spend allot of time searching inch by inch, get shot for nothing more than they would have and then when they find marginal claims, then the vastness of space will not lend itself to the good will of such a miner.

I say bring on the drones and let them scan sectors of space for claims BEFORE the miners have to spend the time and effort getting out there (Unless they have Recovery Drones ofc)

• There has to be both safe and lootable mining in Space, just like it is on the planets.
  • The Lootable Space Mining would be a risky business, and it could use some new and expensive toys...

I think MA can code anything if they believe it will be successful commercially.

If the system above is implemented, it would certainly mean there is a element of "Safe" mining since the operator would be or could be safe him/her self if they chose or are skilled enough to operate Recovery drones at great distance from withing a safe. There still has to be a element of risk, and thats where the recovery drones come in, in that they as i described above can take damage, BUT they can also be accompanied by several "Defense Drones" on a already small target making it very very hard to actually successfully kill a Recover drone unless the Pirate is a Skilled one (Skilled in navigation and control of his ship/quad/whatever.

DCF

If the system above is implemented, it would certainly mean there is a element of "Safe" mining since the operator would be or could be safe him/her self if they chose or are skilled enough to operate Recovery drones at great distance from withing a safe. There still has to be a element of risk, and thats where the recovery drones come in, in that they as i described above can take damage, BUT they can also be accompanied by several "Defense Drones" on a already small target making it very very hard to actually successfully kill a Recover drone unless the Pirate is a Skilled one (Skilled in navigation and control of his ship/quad/whatever.

DCF

Isn't there a game out there called eve or something that uses a similar system...........

Back