Was Xane's ban justified?

• Yes

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
As much as this thread is a "never ending story" containing much drama it is encouraging however messily some of us engage in it at least we are talking about this very important subject.

Generally the tone here has been pretty good in this thread, apart from the odd flare up which all have their own histories.
One thing is that MA have occassionally changed things, but not really documented them, such as a change to the really stupid blind spot that motherships had.
One of the things which may help a lot would be something like the 10% cost fort battles, or lowering the cost of firing shots throughout space. People and crews mostly don't want to try things out and get stuck in set behaviours.
The transport missions are now so long overdue (and there must by now be quite a big amount of peds in the pot for it from the auction transportation fee), that I'm tempted to believe MA don't want to make good their promises at all.
Yes, we are talking about things here (which I like), but at the end of the day it looks like we are all on the same losing side anyway in that respect :(

the only thing that needs to be done is a proper skill system including weapons with different strength. so every pirate actually had to invest a tiny bit to be able to even attack a mothership. nowadays they need like 200 peds and are allready in endgame. thats bullshit and not how the game is working.
low space weapons skill should only do the same damage as planet side so you need to team up with lots of people. also only slow vehicles with low skill. higher skill = higher damage and more speedy vehicles = problem solved.

the-neverending-story.jpg

Isn't it just :(

The pirate was keelhauled for his crimes.
Now he is back with an attitude even more piratelike than before ( just don't anyone plead for mercy from him)

Bet everyone is hoping that he will stray over the limit of bent rules in future & meets a more permanent fate.

And betting he has studied the words even if not the intent.

How many more pages ?

MA : Remove Warp Disrupt or add Warp Disruption Dodge/Evade as a Pilot skill ( just link it to the Pilots existing dodge/evade level) = solved

Last edited:
MA : Remove it or add Warp Disruption Dodge/Evade as a Pilot skill ( or link it to th pilots pre existing dodge/evade level) = solved

i'd like it to simply have a countdown to warp, each hit for damage over a certain number (100+ maybe) adds 1 second. so 1 ship could only delay the warp not stop it. prehaps add a tractor beam shot on bigger ships, does 0 damage but locks both targets in place while its active. guns still work when operated from a different gunning station

MA : Remove Warp Disrupt or add Warp Disruption Dodge/Evade as a Pilot skill ( just link it to the Pilots existing dodge/evade level) = solved

good idea that but there are also dozens of good ideas that could and should be implemented in space.

Number 1 is to allow MS owners to upgrade their ships as originaly promised god knows how long ago.
:wise:

Also...
i'd like it to simply have a countdown to warp,...

good idea that but there are also dozens of good ideas that could and should be implemented in space.

Yes, yes, yes. Some of the dozens of good ideas are more easily implemented than others, though. But when there are various ideas around that should take a programmer almost no time at all (even going by the Scotty rule of "I'll have it working for you in 4 hours, Jim"), it almost drives me crazy sometimes that not even one of them is attempted.
I'd almost suggest a workshop based just on the 3 suggestions here: remove disrupt, link to pilot skill or add to warp countdown.
What scores do each get on the following from 0 to 10, 10 is easy/high in the general scheme of things:
a) ease of implementation
b) balance across different ship SI levels (i.e. defender side)
c) tactical balance regarding threat levels (i.e. attacker side)

For me, removing disrupt would be 10,0,0 - meaning extremely easy to implement but not really desirable for either pirates nor ship owners who have invested in high si. We can start a separate thread (or have it separated?) if there is interest in forming some kind of advisory group here, I guess :)

Also...

Yes, yes, yes. Some of the dozens of good ideas are more easily implemented than others, though. But when there are various ideas around that should take a programmer almost no time at all (even going by the Scotty rule of "I'll have it working for you in 4 hours, Jim"), it almost drives me crazy sometimes that not even one of them is attempted.
I'd almost suggest a workshop based just on the 3 suggestions here: remove disrupt, link to pilot skill or add to warp countdown.
What scores do each get on the following from 0 to 10, 10 is easy/high in the general scheme of things:
a) ease of implementation
b) balance across different ship SI levels (i.e. defender side)
c) tactical balance regarding threat levels (i.e. attacker side)

For me, removing disrupt would be 10,0,0 - meaning extremely easy to implement but not really desirable for either pirates nor ship owners who have invested in high si. We can start a separate thread (or have it separated?) if there is interest in forming some kind of advisory group here, I guess :)

i Think the countdown is probably the biggest coding work of the 3, but probably the fairest balance as 1 ship can't stop a warp, 2 might be able to but 3+ should mange it.

An ideal update would be shields what would require breaking before warp can be stopped, maybe even adjustable location shields with Hit locations, been able to target certain areas like warp engines, standard engines, Turrets and been able to counter by strengthening shields in those areas.

i Think the countdown is probably the biggest coding work of the 3, but probably the fairest balance as 1 ship can't stop a warp, 2 might be able to but 3+ should mange it.

An ideal update would be shields what would require breaking before warp can be stopped, maybe even adjustable location shields with Hit locations, been able to target certain areas like warp engines, standard engines, Turrets and been able to counter by strengthening shields in those areas.

Just require 5% of damage on one section to interupt warp, this means that higher si ships take more shots till warp can be interupted and it means that attackers have to keep shooting to bring one section down by 5% and keep it down at 95% to interupt successfully again.
This is easy to implement as it only takes one check against structural integrity to determine if the warp is interupted or not.

If one wants to add more complexity, then adding pilot skill as a probability meassure to still go on warp while under fire and below 95% si on any one section.

Put pirates and warpship owners together into a room.
When the two sides have agreed on remedy to fix pvp space they can come out and present it to Mind Ark :laugh:

My pennies on this for any interested is to tie ability of pirate to skills same as any other thing we do in Entropia. So someone who has years piloting and accumulated gunner skills will dust meteors with bodies of noob pirates.
Likewise an experienced pirate with years in the profession will chew through noob players.

This might end the protracted hostility against pirates as they then may be seen similar to planet side toxic zone pvp players. Planet side your accumulated skills do play a significant part in your ability to take down another player.

Last edited:
Why would the hostility ever end against pirates Yoshii?

It never has in real life, so it won't here either.

This might end the protracted hostility against pirates as they then may be seen similar to planet side toxic zone pvp players.

Pvp on planet is entirely voluntary, in space it is not. Unless this changes, the hostility will never end. Emotions are many times stronger than reason. Even if you let a party of experienced people from both sides work something out, it won't automatically rub off on everybody else in the present and the future.

But a number of good suggestions have been made. I would throw in mine from a while ago:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pace-in-June&p=3369854&viewfull=1#post3369854 (post no. 31)

extended by the idea to apply it to MS also (i.e. a gun can be replaced by a decoy dispenser). The profession exists since forever but is hardly utilized. This could be a motivation to develop another skill and thereby create income for MA also.

Pvp on planet is entirely voluntary, in space it is not.

So if they started putting something interesting in the middle of land PVP everyone would start saying "Waaaaaaaaaahhhh land pvp is unavoidable, we have no choice."

So if they started putting something interesting in the middle of land PVP everyone would start saying "Waaaaaaaaaahhhh land pvp is unavoidable, we have no choice."

They already have certain ores and emmaters in lootable PVP. Also divine mobs. People can live or even trade others for these, but we are forced to enter space to travel other planets its major difference.

They already have certain ores and emmaters in lootable PVP. Also divine mobs. People can live or even trade others for these, but we are forced to enter space to travel other planets its major difference.

Your not forced to travel is my point...it is a choice as much as you are not forced to mine those ores in land pvp.

Your not forced to travel is my point...it is a choice as much as you are not forced to mine those ores in land pvp.

It is a choice, but I would argue it's a crap one that is not good for the Entropia Universe. I would like to bop around to Cyrene and Arkadia, etc, but I either have to wait/pay for a warp or get shot by ... you know... So you are right it is a choice but it's like - do I want to choose between some pain in ass BS, or be "stuck" on one planet in a universe of many because I can't freely move myself and my items around.

Hopping on a TP and paying the 20 or whatever ped fee it used to be was really a free choice that provided more autonomy for the player. I don't argue they should bring that back, but really allow for more speedy and less BS means of travel. Having to log off on a MS, that is dumb and ruins the game experience.

Oh man I can't believe this thread goes on.

I don't argue they should bring that back
Why not? Bring it back. I suspect that the 'Virtual President' wanted to propose something like that down the road with his plan that Mindark disapproved of after the community complained. Bring it back. Many would love to have interplanetary tps back.

All this.....all this emotion, all this anger, all this animosity, all this frustration..

All this is unnecessary and only happening because MA refuses to finish, clean up, straighten out, improve what they started years ago in space. Space is almost as neglected as Next Island is, and its a shame. I play another game just to get my space fix because this game, EU, is seriously dropping the ball with it. They want new players but seemingly refuse to do/improve things that would attract them. The other game I play ( starts with an E and ends with an E and has 3 letters:p) NO ONE complains about getting shot down and real money is lost there too. Albeit not like EU but similarly a loss of cash. I would love to participate in space more but see no reason to. Very short sighted on MA's side to not have space an integral part of the EU experience.

Then, all this crap, that has gone on for over 10k views, would be unnecessary. This thread represents a "negative" view of a part of the game that MA seems to be ignoring. Thats not a bad rap on the OP but one on MA for allowing it to get like this when it is completely avoidable.

It doesnt help the game, MA, or us for this to be allowed unchecked for YEARS! :eyecrazy:

It is a choice, but I would argue it's a crap one that is not good for the Entropia Universe. I would like to bop around to Cyrene and Arkadia, etc, but I either have to wait/pay for a warp or get shot by ... you know... So you are right it is a choice but it's like - do I want to choose between some pain in ass BS, or be "stuck" on one planet in a universe of many because I can't freely move myself and my items around.

Hopping on a TP and paying the 20 or whatever ped fee it used to be was really a free choice that provided more autonomy for the player. I don't argue they should bring that back, but really allow for more speedy and less BS means of travel. Having to log off on a MS, that is dumb and ruins the game experience.

Oh man I can't believe this thread goes on.

It used to be 40ped for the tp one way so 80ped back and forth - a price for which you easily can get a vip warp nowadays.
You dont have to log off on a mothership, Normandie runs transports 100% secure since 1st july 2011 and our passengers travel with us without logging out - they can log if they want but they dont need to.
If players would be happy to pay for ship transports what they used to pay for planet tp there would be many ships out there with alot more structural integrity and more active/experienced crews providing much more safety.
Mindark failed to ensure that their was an incentive for highly secure ships during the last 5 years, thats why there is so few of them.

The solution is to fix the issue not to create an even better 'bypass' then the 'logout-transport'.

You wouldnt ask for mindark to give everyone a button to switch 'godmode' on with maxed stats/levels just because it was inconvenient to level up yourself - would you ? ;)

"You wouldnt ask for mindark to give everyone a button to switch 'godmode' on with maxed stats/levels just because it was inconvenient to level up yourself - would you ? "

Ma would probably do it if enough money was offered :p

Your not forced to travel is my point...

So predictable. No, I'm not forced to travel nor am I forced to play at all.

and yet you implied that space pvp was involuntary.

Or he could shoot himself in the head.. that's also a choice. You don't get it do you?

Or he could shoot himself in the head.. that's also a choice. You don't get it do you?

I have a much better grasp on what's being discussed here than you ever will.

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

You want to talk about lost? You are the one comparing space to land in regards to pvp. Space is a specific area in Entropia Universe that's designated as PVP just like the contaminated zones are specific area designated for PVP. Land however is not a specific area is a collection of areas, some pvp and most not. So to compare the two is silly as they are not comparable. If you want to compare space to anything it would make a lot more sense to compare it to a contaminated zone.

IMO Exploiting the PVP zone boundaries to avoid being destroyed is as much a violation of the EULA as anything the pirates did. Getting banned for using the PVP systems that are in place is complete bullshit, get your act together MA.

Make safe corridors for travel or make it PvP but this grey area we have now is complete crap.

I don't engage in piracy myself. I fly my ship to and from planets and deal with pirates along the way, I know what I'm getting into before I do it and I wear the consequences. If the Koronan was losing the fight then chickened out back into the safe zone and reported these guys.... that's pretty piss weak.

If they stayed and fought and were destroyed and tried again 10 minutes later and kept getting camped, that's a different story. But this should never have ended in a ban.

You want to talk about lost? You are the one comparing space to land in regards to pvp. Space is a specific area in Entropia Universe that's designated as PVP just like the contaminated zones are specific area designated for PVP. Land however is not a specific area is a collection of areas, some pvp and most not. So to compare the two is silly as they are not comparable. If you want to compare space to anything it would make a lot more sense to compare it to a contaminated zone.

This is worse than kindergarten. No, I'm not comparing the two. I'm not interested in what's happening inside one or the other. There are the places beyond that interest me. On land I do not have to cross a contaminated zone to get to the other side. They could have made the entire ocean between Eudoria and Amethera a lootable pvp zone and removed the tp connection, then we'd have something comparable.

Reactions: ZPF
Hey i registered for this thread but be active in forums from now on :)
I play the game like 3 months now and haven't been in space yet and i did no PvP.

I like PvP and i played alot of MMOS and played alot of PvP.
Therefore i have some idea what PvP generally means and i know how people play PvP. etc...
Carn
Carn player versus player battles were originally frowned upon in games and considered a socially unacceptable (faux pas) even though it was possible in a fair number of early games and the social nonacceptance continued even after the Internet was given to the public (yes the www was free at first) and after the eternal September. Mostly because many of those games needed players to work as a team, perhaps an oversimplification. By the time some games like faceball2000 and then Doom came out in early 1990's things were starting to change in how games were done and social acceptance. Certainly by the time PE was being worked on Counterstrike was being played and CS even included an early voice over the Internet function but players said it was exploitable because team mates could be told where enemy is etc. At least CS had it before the dev clampdown and people used 3rd party voip. Now today even simple/casual pvp games like MWO and Dreadnought have VOIP built in even though same "voice exploit" is possible but players just don't care now since theres slim to no advantage. Anyways let's look at PE/EU with a link to real cash economy that gets emotions to run high and ideas move fast. EU was started 15 years ago (Project Entropia) and now the developers are real slow to do anything, slower to fix anything (unless it's exploitable by players and costs the devs money), and even slower to adopt the new ways of games made in the past dozen years... although that might've come about partially from the sheer mass of coding that makes up EU and I'll hazard a guess it has a small under appreciated(by MA suits) dev team that's getting side tracked doing other game concepts that never get implemented (nasa mars sim, micheal jackson's PE world, compet is latest, etc. etc. etc.). Well that's just my personal take on EU and without a doubt I could be 110% wrong. *shrugs*
Boils down to players in EU are frustrated by space being unfinished and pvp and most of the promises and previews still aren't in place by MA, but then some players been waiting for voting to come back and those voting terminals were removed in what 2005/2006??? Anyways PE was a virtual world originally and mostly Player vs Monster, and still the overwhelming majority of players in EU do PvM and avoid PvP like a plague.
Well Carn give it another 10-25 years and you'll start to notice that you react a little too slow for PvP and it starts to loose its shine and any interest you once had for pvp will eventually begin to wane, but until then enjoy! Also with EU having a mostly older audience of players and most of them hold down jobs, it kind of becomes mostly a social gathering place, or goal oriented in player vs monster to grind missions to completion, with a small number of PvP players planet-side comparatively speaking.

its funny though as the pirate himself stated that it is NOT strafing in space. so leaves only the map key exploit open.
Tapping your map key makes your character lurch forward and it works great to break-free from terrain-traps when TP chip is mia (Cyrene Hub) and no vehicle spawn, etc. I mentioned all that in Ark chat at least a year back and soon enjoyed those proof of concept videos of the 2 MS racing with 1 doing map key spamming.
But there was many people not watching Ark chat that night...
So perhaps this is a good time to re-ask if 2 MS could try racing again but using the 1st person/3rd person camera mode/zoom key instead of map zoom key. It's just a guess on my part as I've no way to test, although in hindsight tonight I could've tried it with quads. Meh I'd prefer to leave proof of concept up to the more experienced spacers. If that camera mode change works like map key spamming then as I previously mentioned there's other ways to make your character lurch forward.
But honestly the map key spam seemed a very small speed difference and not what I'd imagine some players are using to exploit.

It's mentioned side-strafing doesn't work anymore, but that's only forward movement speed added to side movement speed that's come from sloppy programming and most modern games don't have it/removed it.
So I'll bet that there's a way to do some old school Trichording in EU. (think descent/freespace series)

As for Kane's OP and later un-locking follow up (~page 29-ish atm) I have my opinion but I don't visit space very often, and ultimately in the end only MA's opinion counts because it's their game and they hold all the cards.

But Kane since you PM me and let me quote everything you so intellectually wrote "fuck off".
Now I'll say your in the wrong and not smart enough to argue with MA because hey in case you didn't notice we players don't make the rules and MA don't care what players say while the money rolls in.

But Kane since you PM me and let me quote everything you so intellectually wrote "fuck off".
Now I'll say your in the wrong and not smart enough to argue with MA because hey in case you didn't notice we players don't make the rules and MA don't care what players say while the money rolls in.

Dude I gave you all the facts necessary to form an opinion. I did my best to present all the evidence I could to show what was happening and I did my best not get caught up in the trolling and name calling. Since I have nothing left to prove I'm done playing nice, if you think I'm in the wrong after everything I have said then there's nothing left to say other than FUCK OFF!! :dunce::laugh:

Note: mod can close the thread any time they want.

Back