Space Resort sold at buyout!

Skam

The Half-Wit Phoenix
Society
Rabbids
Silicon Skam Chip
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/8/neverdie.jpg[/wrap]
Space Resort sold at buyout!
Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs purchased the Space Resort today at buyout, just 3 days after it got put on auction.

Clienloader writes:
The ASTEROID SPACE RESORT was today, 24th of October 2005, bought by avatar "Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs" for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (100,000 US Dollar)!
The public auction offering the Space Resort started Friday 21st of October at a staring price of 1 PED, and with a buyout price of 1,000,000 PED. The response to the news of the Space Resort was immediate – just during the weekend eight parties approached MindArk expressing serious interest in purchasing it. Just three days after the launch, the buyout price was met by Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs, before the competition.

We congratulate him on his purchase and look forward to a grand opening around Christmas time!

NEVERDIE was also bidding on Treasure Island when it was at auction a year ago, a fight which we all know resulted in Deathifiers purchase of the Island. Now however, NEVERDIE has taken the seat as a Space-Lord. We congratulate with the purchase and wish him luck.

Still awaiting a comment.

Discussions here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7648

Last edited:
it says space resPort in one of the first lines....spelling mistake right?

Pretender said:
it says space resPort in one of the first lines....spelling mistake right?

Spelling meanie :)

Honestly never though that it would get bought out, Gratz to him :D

Michyblueyes said:
Honestly never though that it would get bought out, Gratz to him :D
really??
there where 8 parties interested, and I can only imagin how many hundreds there where trying to get investors..

Isn't this just getting a little out of hand? 100,000 U.s dollars? Damn... Guess it will be talked about in the news by tv shows and newspapers again...

Oooops.....it sold kind'a fast...and pricy......dunno....confused ;)

wow, didn't think i would see a huge price like this for a while on any of the virtual properties in any of the games! But i think this style of gaming is definately the way of the future, so gratz neverdie!

Wow! congratz! I must say i didn't believe it would go for buyout either :O

And btw I tipped our local newspaper about this :p lets hope they write something hehehe.

Alot of gratz to it! I'm sure longing for the opening day, Lord Neverdie

Gratzzz!!!

sp00ne said:
Wow! congratz! I must say i didn't believe it would go for buyout either :O

And btw I tipped our local newspaper about this :p lets hope they write something hehehe.

Alot of gratz to it! I'm sure longing for the opening day, Lord Neverdie
Big Gratz to "Space Lord" Neverdie! :D
Nice move!
I thought it go quick! but not that quick! lol :laugh:
I will sure go asap! :dunce:

World news...

BBC News

and I quote BBC...

Gamer buys virtual space station

Neverdie is a popular character in the land of Project Entropia
A virtual space resort being built in the online role-playing game, Project Entropia, has been snapped up for $100,000 (£56,200).
Jon Jacobs, aka Neverdie, won the auction for the as yet unnamed resort in the game, which lets thousands of players interact with each other.

Entropia also allows gamers to buy and sell virtual items using real cash.

The space station is billed as a "pleasure paradise". Last year, a gamer bought an island for $26,500 (£13,700).

The space station is described as a "monumental project" in the "treacherous, but mineral rich" Paradise V Asteroid Belt and comes with mining and hunting taxation rights.

With the price tag also comes mall shopping booth and market stall owner deeds, a land management system, a billboard marketing system, and space station naming rights.

Neverdie is a popular and well-known in-game character. He and another character, Island Girl, appeared in a 2003 dance music movie Hey DJ!, which starred Jon Jacobs, Charlotte Lewis, and Tina Leiu.

Money for growth

Entropia has 236,000 registered accounts. In the game, players exchange real currency with PEDs (Project Entropia Dollars).

A virtual island was bought in the game last year
The bids for the space station started at one PED and was won in just three days.

The Entropia economy lets gamers exchange real currency into PED (Project Entropia Dollars) and back again into real money.

Ten PEDs are the equivalent to one US dollar and typical items sold include Repedge battle axes at 4.55 PEDs and Angelic Flakes at 1.48 PEDs.

The currency means that players, or members, can invest in personal development and growth by buying up goods, buildings, and land in the Entropia universe.

Project Entropia is set on a distant planet called Calypso which is made up of two continents with large expanding cities.

BBC News said:
Ten PEDs are the equivalent to one US dollar and typical items sold include Repedge battle axes at 4.55 PEDs and Angelic Flakes at 1.48 PEDs.
damn, this reporter really must know PE! "exact" values for "typical items sold" lmao... *looks at Most Sold Items list with mild amusement* :laugh:

Gratz Neverdie on this crazy but (in my opinion) smart investment!

pfff 1 million ped is really alot :| actually too much :eek:

well grats neverdie on winning auction :dunce:

gratz, neverdie
:tongue2: yeah the guy has some cash :eek: but it's gonna take him some time until he gets that money back.

Good investment GRATZ!! :D

Ahh but think of how much more it has cost him, as to put in ped PE take a share already, think of the commission he already paid putting in the money. I am not to sure exactly how much % they take or how he put it in but it must have cost him a pretty penny, ontop of the $100 000 heres hoping he does well from it so if you read this Neverdie
Good Luck ;)

Back