Votes: 59 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gizzle

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer
Rasputin Da Gizzle Gizzle
Alright, so we got chatting about this in soc chat.... and can't quite figure it out.

So the debate is: Getting a spaceship while mining in an LA. So the question is, have you ever found a spaceship in an LA, ie. you picked up a strange signal... go left ... and the ship is WITHIN THE LA BOUNDARIES.

I've had a number of those but NEVER within an LA, i get a feeling the whole "LA owner gets 4% of the beacon" would confuse the loot logic and PE as we know it would cease to exist .......

Soooo, the options are:

a) Yes, i've gotten a spaceship INSIDE an LA
b) Yes.... I've gotten a strange signal in an LA but the spaceship was outside
c) No, ... impossible!!!
d) Gizzle needs more vodka!

Well, it's an interesting question. Had to think about it for a minute, but I do not believe that I have ever gotten one on a LA. Not to say that it is impossible, but I do not believe that I have.

I got one on Oyster Isle.

Ive got a spaceship on Stars mining Land Area

had one too in taxed land and got 50.00 ped residue.

I got a number of them inside different LAs, you can get them everywhere. There is no any dependence on the place where you can get it.

I've got 6 spaceships since the biginning of 2009, and 5 of them were in LAs. So this mostly depend on the place where you spend the majority of your time mining.

...and then there are those of us that have mined our butts off, managed to get a couple of good HoFs inside and outside of LA's, and have not once found a ship. Kind of a pisser to watch your wife find her fourth, knowing that you've got ten times the mining skills... :eek:

I have found a spaceship on Oyster

I had one spacecraft on TI. I also picked signal twice within borders of LA with longu S from Emerald, but both spacecrafts were outside the LA (both within very close distance one from another). All the rest of my spacecrafts were on noman's land. So most of them actually, don't remember exactly how many, but something around 10-15.

I can speak for myself and others, You can get them just about anywhere.

I've had 2 on treasure island, both right in the middle of the LA where the foul used to be

I have had many spaceships over my time in EU but Can not recall any inside LA boundries. I have had several that hit in an La but were outside the boundries.

Yes, I did.

I had picked up a strange signal on TI twice. No matter the tax, it is still 50ped which is nice.
I had a spacecraft on LA north east Nea's as well, but it had no owner and no tax at the time.

2 on TI, 1 on Oyster, 1 at the LA NE from Wolverine, i've actually got only 1 ship ouside of an LA.

Also seen quite many landing spots on various LA's (you know, random 2 or 3 drones in the middle of LA where there shouldn't be drones in 10 kilometers radius).

you can get them everywhere.

After 60k amped bombs on cnd I have yet to find one ;)

I got 2 in the Phasm LA S of Segna in the same day. 25 ped beacon and residue :)

Yes, found 2 in taxed LAs and another 2 in deserted LAs with tax set to 0. The 2 in taxed LAs ( TI almost a year ago and S of Emerald in Longu LA back in the winter) were both residue only, 50 ped of it as it should be. I have a feeling the LA owners get no benefit from the loot delivered this way.

Guess I missed that soc chat coz I could have solved that one easily. As a matter of fact, I got one LAST night in stoikows LA on ametheria, exactly 50 ped residue so I doubt it was taxed.
That was the first ship I've found that only had one drone guarding it though.

Tax is not for natural spawn on LA's if I remember correctly, only for the DNA creatures(?).
Spaceship is maybe considered as natural spawn, as the 50ped will not be taxed.

Ahh, forgot, had a spaceship in atrox LA E of Akmuul.

Last edited:
I've had 2 on treasure island, both right in the middle of the LA where the foul used to be

I found mine in the same place. I could just see the houses from where it was.

Ive gotten a few on TI but ages ago since i got any ooo finds!

I have had 2 within the confines of treasure island both as it turned out contained beacons

Back