Spaceships

Crille

Dominant
Society
Swedich Drunken Wikings
Christoffer Crille Samuelsson
Well.. This is a n00b question right? ;)

When you are going to places with spaceships. You pay the pilot an amount of money, but what prevents the pilot from taking the money and leave before take-off? :scratch2:

Or is it just me beeing uber stupid again? :p

Last edited:
his reputation and pride and maybe trust?

The ppl who has hangars and a spaceship dont scam ppl for like 30 peds, much more on stake for them, and i have never heard of anyone who has been scammed while travelling except passengers that scammed the pilot. So its well one of the most secure things in EU if you ask me. :)

Normally it wouldnt be worth their while scamming players because word would get round very fast and they would get no customers...always wait till the pilot adds you and then u can enter the ship then u at least know he has the deed .. chances are slim you wont be scammed its just not worth it for them .. gl :)

Well that is not very secure.. :broke:

IF a pilot scam you, you would tell everyone else, like whining here on the forum like

'Improved Some Pilot' scammed me for 25peds! he took the payment and ran.

And if this pilot have a hangar, who will ever drive with him again?

the answer is: no one!

So then the customer lost 25peds and the pilot may lost about 60k peds if he don't get to sell it so i go break even..

Im sure it will never happend, only thing you should do is not pay before you are ready to go in at the ship, maybe inside the ship? then you should be quite safe.

Its an old problem, but fortunately never happened to my knowledge.

There is no such thing as "tickets" to and from space. Its purely a transfer of money from one part (you) to another (pilot), and then the pilot allowing you access to his hangar and spacecraft.

It is reqommended to use known pilots who have a reputation as well as a society to behold. They will NOT try to scam you, but rather make sure you have the best experience possible. You are their customer, and they need your trust as well.

Find pilots here on the forum, or on the CND website.

If flying with a pilot you do not know, maybe for the first time, you first agree on a price pr. person each way. Remember you have to go home some day, so the price you pay this pilot is basically to be regarded as a one way ticket. Maybe you'r lucky to catch the same pilot going back and thus getting a good return-rate, but you cannot be sure of this.

Secondly you wait with the actual payment untill you stand inside the hangar with his spacecraft open - waiting. Here you give the pilot the money, enter the ship and take your seat. The rest will be pure takeoff.

Have fun :)

PS: The price in oil for the pilot to fly return is about 100 ped. Since they have room for 4 people, their price range is 20-30 ped/prs for a trip up. Hence most pilots use the down-trip to make a small profit. Often you can find pilots on the spacestation taking returntrips for 10-20 ped/prs.

Last edited:
There are ava's who will say they are pilots and then run with you money. So unless you know he is really a pilot wait until you see him go onto the ship then you can pay him.

Can't be too cautious with all the kiddie scammers out there

True, there have been a few A-Holes in the past :mad: , who SAY, theyre a pilot, take the money, and log out. It is very easy to prevent this from happening to you.

1) Check the owners Terminal by the door, the pilot and the name on it, HAVE to be the same. Only a Hanger Deed Holder can FLy the ship.

2) Do Not Pay unless you KNOW the guy your Paying IS the pilot, (you DO NOT have to pay a ticket agents/sellers, at ANY time) Most Pilots will only take the money INSIDE the ship, Only a Pilot can add you to the ships list, and grant you access to enter the ship, this is another way to tell if hes for real. :scratch2:
(you may run into the rare Pilot that asks for the money in the hanger, but use method one to check is all. I try and ask all the pilots to get their money IN the ship. I think only a couple, may ask at the hanger, but just check the Terminal, believe me, they will not mind.)

IF, your new to flying, dont hesitate to tell the pilot, they can talk you through how, and what the steps are to get ready to go, once IN the ship.
The Pilots get grumpy, but Most are here for You, they will answer most questions you have to make it a quick, happy trip for you.
I AM a Pilot, btw :wtg:

Well.. This is a n00b question right? ;)

When you are going to places with spaceships. You pay the pilot an amount of money, but what prevents the pilot from taking the money and leave before take-off? :scratch2:

Or is it just me beeing uber stupid again? :p

You can check the estate terminal of the hangar he leads you into. It has to have his name as an estate owner, otherwise he is trying to scam you.

Thanks for all the good answers :)

Don't pay until you see the pilot enter the spacecraft. That's the only way to be absolutely sure that the pilot in question holds the hangar deed and will be able to ferry you to your destination.

Beyond that, your verbal contract has no more weight than any other transaction in this game. However, pilots do depend on word-of-mouth advertising, so if they are a real pilot and not a scammer, they would have much to lose by stiffing a fare.

AG

They dont scam you for the same reason the corner mom and pop deli or liquer store wont scam you.
You are worth far mroe to them as a repeat customer than the 20-30 peds they can get off of you.
Also if your a happy customer you will more likely remember that person when you hear someone asking if you know of any pilot to take em to CND.
A scammed customer is not a happy customer and they rememeber that too when someone asks.

35 peds from you every time you go to space, plus that of your friends when they go is worth alot more than a handfull of people "losing" 25 peds each but only once.

Liek others said
Make sure the person that is taking your money is the same person on the estate deed.
When in doubt ask to be allowed aboard ship before you pay, most pilots will be understanding about this.
When on CND or CP then you definitely ask to be allowed aboard ship before you pay.
Once you have experience with a perticular pilot then you dont have to worry so much since he/she would have already proved to you they dont scam.

Remember pilot services is a business and business that scam tend not to succeed in the long run and are short lived.
Businesses that treat their customers well tend to make bank and be successful.

Yes its possible

But if they are a real pilot it would not be in their best interests as they loose nothing to take you.

Its a none pilot that says he is a pilot that is the risk.

Back