FYI: Specter Mob

Trucidator

Guardian
Society
TusaLusa Cadets
Trucidator Kraker SimadHul
I think there may be a new mob in the house... I was mining in calypso a few days ago, and I had to kill a few merps on the way... After I finished them all, I noticed that I kept beeing hit for 1 dmg... Instead of logging off, I dumbly decided to jump on my car and drive of... But the damn specter kept following me and hitting me (quick bastard) and decaying my pretty vehicle... Of course I relogged after, and problem gone... I guess the bastard went to "bug" someone else....

So if you happen to come accross one of this bastards ( ;) ), remember to relog asap, and it does decay your ass to oblivion...

screenie ?

i have never seen a mob called spectre

I think he's just insinuating that it was a "ghost mob". This has happened a few times in the past, most notably during the umbranoid attacks on Hadesheim where an actual boss mob was invisible and slaughtering everyone around it. Back then though, it was most likely due to the umbranoid skin texture being bugged when certain pieces of armor or items were applied to it. The umbranoid suit that could be crafted and worn by colonists had a similar invisibility bug, although I think it's been fixed.

But hey, you kill thousands of merps, one or two is bound to come back and haunt you. ;)

Could it be the ghost of christmas past!? Or maybe the boogieman!? :D

I think he's just insinuating that it was a "ghost mob". This has happened a few times in the past, most notably during the umbranoid attacks on Hadesheim where an actual boss mob was invisible and slaughtering everyone around it. Back then though, it was most likely due to the umbranoid skin texture being bugged when certain pieces of armor or items were applied to it. The umbranoid suit that could be crafted and worn by colonists had a similar invisibility bug, although I think it's been fixed.

But hey, you kill thousands of merps, one or two is bound to come back and haunt you. ;)

and the dome full of invisible fungoids on cnd :laugh:

Happens from time to time, unfortunately

yeah had the same thing on cp a week or so ago, relog seems to fix it

This used to happen a lot in EU before cryengine. Had it happen once or twice (out by scips last time).

If you go near water you can coax the mob from it's hiding spot sometimes (and/or drown it.

Back