Speed Boost needed to run past pyromancer

John William

Guardian
Society
The Knights of Entropia
John William Slayer
Hello how much speed boost do I need to run past pyromancer in cyclops depth? I bought a hermetic adjusted for 8% speed boost but I don't think I can run past him.

Hello how much speed boost do I need to run past pyromancer in cyclops depth? I bought a hermetic adjusted for 8% speed boost but I don't think I can run past him.

I used 5% buff from MF Chip and it was enough.

cheers

It will depend on your agility also.

Could run past it with no speed boosts. Had just below 100 agilty then. Havnt tried after several updates thou.

Cheers
Soko

72 agility + 8% speed boost --> not enough so i kill it.

for me 10% did the job; the 5 ped hammer from Cyrene

for me 10% did the job; the 5 ped hammer from Cyrene

I am really close each time i tried to be close to reach the room down.
But when i do that it is when i am stuck with the both boss on the top, so i need to heal a bit (maybe why i don't reach in time)

Be interesting to know what contribution to overall speed agility has (i.e. what is the starting speed, and how much do you gain per skill point).

I can't run past pyro without buffs, at 93 agility FYI.

78 agility + 20% ring + 8% pet (capped @ 25%) = run past no problem

Thats 97.5 agility, after buff (78 x 1.25).

Be interesting to know what contribution to overall speed agility has (i.e. what is the starting speed, and how much do you gain per skill point).

I can't run past pyro without buffs, at 93 agility FYI.

So figure it needs between 93.x to maybe 97.x to run pass (including buffs, if any)

The rings increase your speed not your agility. I have 105 and can't run past him.

The rings increase your speed not your agility. I have 105 and can't run past him.

Either you're running not straight enough or running speed is affected by not just agility (although I'm sure you have everything else higher than me as well). Would be interesting to compare our speed :)

Thats 97.5 agility, after buff (78 x 1.25).

So figure it needs between 93.x to maybe 97.x to run pass (including buffs, if any)

Only works if the base number Agility contributes a whole and divisible proportion.

So, if you had a base of 50 cm/s and agility points add 1 cm/s, then your overall would be 128 with 78 agility, and 143 with 93 agility. If the buff is then applied, you would end up with 160 (1.25 buff) versus 143. Even 109 agility would be slower than 78 agility with 25% speed buff.

All depends on the base speed and what each agility point adds as an increment. And we know that 100 agility isn't hugely faster than a day-1 noob, so the base number has to be fairly significant.

A few other options for increased speed not already mentioned:

Pills
Bunny rabbit (at high enough level, Eudoracell being the fastest)
Metabolic Mindforce buff (lasts about 120 seconds iirc)

Some stack, some dont.

:tp:

my agility is 73 and the metobolic chip looks nice but I don't have the skill level for it

Could, an almost empty inventory (light weight), help you run faster too, maybe? :scratch2:

Why run past? He isn't that hard to kill and can loot bigly, and by that I mean yugely.

I never miss an opportunity to kill the grabby bastard when I go down there.

All Time Highest Loots

(Shared Loot) 11 316 PED
(Shared Loot) 9 276 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 744 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 128 PED
(Shared Loot) 4 325 PED

Why run past? He isn't that hard to kill and can loot bigly, and by that I mean yugely.

All Time Highest Loots

(Shared Loot) 11 316 PED
(Shared Loot) 9 276 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 744 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 128 PED
(Shared Loot) 4 325 PED

It is because people leave to you the opportunity to kill it ; )

.........not because some skills+weapon+armor is required to kill it.

That shit is for people with some crazy pvp skills, I'm not nearly that agile to avoid the balls :)

Hhmm, interesting replies here.

85 agi + adj harrier = no problem ever for me

All Time Highest Loots

(Shared Loot) 11 316 PED
(Shared Loot) 9 276 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 744 PED
(Shared Loot) 8 128 PED
(Shared Loot) 4 325 PED

I did it a few.. maybe 50 times. Never farming it but when going down, going up to help etc ...
The fact is .. i never had a global on it !

Uhm... I just keep running until he stops teleporting me :p

That shit is for people with some crazy pvp skills, I'm not nearly that agile to avoid the balls :)

It's easy, just walk backwards and shoot.

Uhm... I just keep running until he stops teleporting me :p

Does he? I spent half a hour on one of my first visits to the Depths trying that, until I was told that it won't work once he is activated.

Does he? I spent half a hour on one of my first visits to the Depths trying that, until I was told that it won't work once he is activated.

He does, but its incredibly frustrating :laugh: :laugh: He's teleported me like 6 times before and always as I think Im just about home free and I'm back there again. Just gotta reorient fast and keep running.

Either you're running not straight enough or running speed is affected by not just agility (although I'm sure you have everything else higher than me as well). Would be interesting to compare our speed :)

Have you ever seen slithers avatar he is a bit out of shape

So I guess theirs not really a set % of acceleration that you need to run past him? That was what I was trying to figure out and bought a hermetic adjusted thinking that 8% was all I needed.

Back