Speed exploit or Positional geometry?

So there is an exploit then?
If so, doesn't that make so much of what has been said, all the diagrams & explanations, mostly BS

No see mitsuwa and his friends like to give misinformation to confuse everybody. There is no speed exploit, has been patched up a long time ago. This thread was all about real verifiable information, don't listen to him. Moving on....

EDIT: You don't have to take my word for it or mitsuwa's either. You can go test all this out and if you don't know how just ask.

Last edited:
Heh, you lazy bastard! You didn't even go into space...

Had you tried to get a waypoint to a planet from the Space map you would have found out it's impossible. Planet itself isn't an object. If there's no object then there's no fixed coordinates either. There's those fancy images of planets but no interactive objects associated to them. Only way to get a height reading for a planet is to point at the SS orbiting that planet. Now, what are the z coords for the Space Stations? :smoke:

I'm not sure how this has any bearing on the point but..

I'm in space every day. When I pilot a warp flight, I do set the target to the planet and it puts me on the edge of the planet entry. this can end up being high on the planet or low on the planet (at different horizontal planes). But this whole thing has no meaning to the original topic.

To bring it back to the original argument. The set horizontal button still is really not much of a help to you when being chased by a pirate and those that do not know about it are not doomed as you described. If anything, the delay it can cause will most likely get you shot down.

This conversation is now done. You can go away now..

If it was patched it would be news to me. Here, have a vid from when the Kronan team helped blow the lid off this shit. A third party should give it a go.

https://youtu.be/gB6GgpgYHjQ

You have failed to give any details. The video shows someone repeatedly pressing M to bring up the map to gain a speed advantage. The video fails to show someone using this to actually shoot another ship down and looting a player. This is important because spamming M to get a speed advantage has been mentioned before in this thread and pirates got out of it by saying the speed advantage gained using this method is only on your computer and not on the actual server.

To my knowledge no one has actually said or shown if this exploit/trick can actually be used to shoot down an enemy ship. If it can be used to shoot down an enemy ship and loot another player then that would be important because then it doesn't matter if speed gained is on computer only or on server argument as it would be immaterial.

I've used it to kill other players, there's vids out somewhere of me doing it. I'll find it when I get home.

Actually fuck it I'll make a new one.

Also you can see my friend gaining on me too, and people not in my ship talking about the gain they can see

Edit: I found the vid but it's the shittiest quality imaginable and proves absolutely nothing

Last edited:
I've used it to kill other players, there's vids out somewhere of me doing it. I'll find it when I get home.

Actually fuck it I'll make a new one.

Also you can see my friend gaining on me too, and people not in my ship talking about the gain they can see

Edit: I found the vid but it's the shittiest quality imaginable and proves absolutely nothing

careful your getting dangerously close to proving me right...

Back