Dominant
Society
Antipodean Army
Cidel Mulga Fastro
"Ever been on a Spider Hunt Mulga?"
"No, what type of armour do you need?"
"Lol, you won't need any armour"
"Oh, ok".....why are they snickering? :scratch2:

No Armour? Must be some super easy creature.
A tiny thing, perhaps like a Chirpy but with loot. :)
"You have gained experience in your Insect Repellant skill" Haha, well all skills are related, so it should be beneficial.
Head to the TC to look for a TT Insect Swatter. Hmmm....nothing there. TT Deckchair and a Novel then.

The whole thing sounds a bit lame . I'm tempted to bring along the BP book and skill a few basic filters while swatting these spiders.
Anyway, we gather at the outpost. Quite a crew here. Mags, Invi, Shaz, Exonight, some very experienced players. Wow, they must be bored.
Grrrr was checking Exo, he looked so bored that he'd fallen asleep already.

We head off towards Spider Country.
Some are wearing armour. "Oooh, scared of spiders are we? Bahaha" Chickens. :rolleyes:
Oh, I see, Atrox around. Well, they are pretty tough, but even I killed an Atrox Dom (once), after 6 revives, with a FAP in each hand!

Get some revenge on the Troxes, who have given me so much grief in the past.
Run aroud firing randomly at various Troxes, shouting hysterically "Ha!! Not so tough now are you? I'm with 7 mates!! Cop that"
Hunters start looking at me strangely, so I calm down and put on the "I'm a cool and fearless hunter" persona.
After bagging a few Atrox, suddenly Exo shouts "Enemy spotted".
Look up from cleaning Atrox dung from shoes. A spider? Well, let's check it out. Roll up the newspaper and prepare to squash me some spiders.

Check Mags: she has pulled out a gun bigger than my avatar. Huh?

Look at everyone else, and they are slowly spreading out and walking backwards. What's going on? More Troxes in the way?
On the horizon, a huge shape appears. Araneatrox. Shit!! :eek:

Everyone starts firing like crazy now. The Araneatrox scuttles up to the first hunter. Dead. It doesn't stop, moving from person to person, dealing death with the breeze of it's passing.
Comes over near me. It's going to go past! Excellent, it's going to miss me, I'll just.. "you were killed by the frenzied Araneatrox Dominant". 250 points of damage!! WTF? Didn't even come close to me!!

TP back, where the team have finished it off. We head for the river; someone wants to find more!! Are they mad?
The cry rings out...."There's one". Immediately, I jump into the river, swim to the bottom and curl up into a small ball, hoping it won't notice me.
Hear a lot of screaming and firing above, then it goes quiet. Check the team list, it's red. Everyone is dead.
Stick my head up out of the water. Nothing. It's gone. Crawl out and wait for the others to get back.

There it is in the distance!! I crouch down to the size of a Gibnib, trying to blend in with the landscape. People start to come back. Jump up to full height, chest out.
I shrug apolegetically "Sorry guys, gun jammed" . Eyes roll..."Which way did it go?"
I point in the direction that it went. Everyone runs after it, with me courageously bringing up the rear, about 100 metres back.
We bag a few more, and the old-timers tell stories about previous hunts.

I need a bigger gun!!!..and more skills...and better armour...and a new FAP....and..:D:D

hehehehe.. I like it... good story..

I had a similar one but I follishly thought I could kill one on my own....

after all I did have 600 handgun skill by then and a massive breer p2a..WITH and amp104 I'll have you know.... lol

I tried a few times then realised it wasnt for me.....:D

So I went back to shooting snabbles and exo....

Last edited:
Hehehe, that's some great storytelling. Enjoyed this, thanks for writing.

Gratz on your first spider hunt. I solo'd my first Araneatrox Old a few months ago without dying (Angel/5B, 2600fap), talk about a rush. :)

Great story Mulga.
I laughed so much reading it :laugh::laugh:
We need another one of those I reckon :wtg:

Nice one Mulga, it was certainly a fun evening, great story.

Always happy to go again.

:)

Shaz Monaro

HA, you guys just don´t know how to hunt spiders.. You NOOBS!!!

To explain a spider hunt, i made a little animation....

SPH0.gif

:laugh:

;)
nice story btw :)

Cool animation Bear ;)

Great story and a good laugh at work. Gratz on the first spider hunt. I have yet to do mine.

I guess I have been traumatized when during my second week in EU, I was touring alone up and down Eudoria. I saw a spider and found it so exciting to meet a new mob... I got closer to observe it but it didn't give me the pleasure :cool:

I haven't tried since even though it's 14 months after the unpleasant incident :ahh:

lol Thanks for the positive feedback. :yay:

Couldn't imagine soloing one, Metatron. :bowdown:

Great animation, Bear, but I've never understood the theory of ping-pong :scratch2:

Do you - shoot the mob so it agros you, then before it get's to you it loses agro because someone else shot it, so it heads for them, and you take no damage? (hopefully)

We'll do it again Shaz, it was a blast :cool:

Don't leave the game Mags!! :)

Agreed, that was a funny story! :)
/Oz

.......I've never understood the theory of ping-pong :scratch2:

Do you - shoot the mob so it agros you, then before it get's to you it loses agro because someone else shot it, so it heads for them, and you take no damage? (hopefully).....

Yes, thats Ping-Pong. You can see some Ping-Pong also in "The Chain" because i "made use" of ShortRange hunters. But you got the basic idea. Person 1 shoots untli he/she gets aggroed and start to run. Person 2 starts to shoot and hopes for that the mob will now aggro him. Even if its not easy, its is possible to bring down a spider without "loosing" one man. But most of the time you will have to count some victimes ;)

again, great story and yes, Mags, sell your stuff or whatever but stay in EU :)

Back