Sponsoring others/participating in way lower cat

Futurama

Elite
Society
Freelance
mike Futurama anderson
First of all this just things i have heard, read etc., nothing is 100% solid...

To the point...

I don`t mind cat4 player with level 72 stepping down to cat3, or level 55 stepping down from 3 to 2. There is nothing wrong with someone using Mod merc, foe etc. in cat3 with level 69.9.
I don`t mind someone who doesn`t participate themselves sponsor someone who wants to and competes in his category (for example there is nothing wrong with someone who sponsors cat2 players who shoot with x1/cb26/bl1300 etc.)

But using mls and stuff like that in cat1??? Levels 0-24 are practicly newcomers tbh... Take a look at the winner in cat1 - 59238 points. 59238/30=1974.6 points per hour, 32.91 p per minute and if all mobs are worth 5 points its 6.6 mobs per minute ON AVERAGE 30 HOUR NON STOP SHOOTING. So in reality the killspeed is even higher, because you might run out of mobs, you need to get more ammo, repair stuff, get rid of loot, move around a bit, login/logoff/CTDs/lost connection + 20 min unused from the allowed max time...

From what i have read it seems angel have won 3 years in a row in cat1. Last year it was insane 107k points (different rules ofc.). So this cat1 player doesn`t play during the year and comes just for MM with uber gear, friends, money. Don`t get me wrong, i`m not accusing anyone of have second avatars, i`m 99.99% it is legit avatar with real person`s data to support it. But is it moral/ethical/fairplay??

Last year one of the rumors was that there was someone with Emik X5 shooting (support i assume) in cat1? Cmon, so cat3, cat4 players participating in cat1.

2011-01-04 11:00:43 [Society] cat 1 lost the most
2011-01-04 11:00:46 [Society] 0 globals for some ppl
2011-01-04 11:01:23 [Society] cat 1 was overkill
2011-01-04 11:01:25 [Society] and overdecay
2011-01-04 11:02:04 [Society] i sa guys running arround doing them in tiger
2011-01-04 11:02:33 [Society] ppl where tanking 50 at once
2011-01-04 11:02:40 [Society] using ml 35's to kill them
2011-01-04 11:02:43 [Society] the decay was insane
2011-01-04 11:02:52 [Society] [Futurama] lol, ok, those aren`t really cat1 players...
2011-01-04 11:03:10 [Society] nope, cat 1 players with borrwed gear
2011-01-04 11:03:16 [Society] so far from maxed items
2011-01-04 11:03:20 [Society] = even more decay

Keep it up! Greed all the way...

Some ppl pay insane amounts of money to reach the first positions and I personally have nothing against this.

Unless MA will create special weapons for each category and anyone using something else will be disqualified, this situation won't be solved. A solo MM is about who has the most dps/skill. In a team oriented MM strategy, planning and coordination can equal or beat uber skills and gear.

Last year I competed with a friend against Angel mms on the cornudacauda category. They were 5-6 ppl with apis killing conudacaudas non stop. I doubt the jag set they got covered the loss. We ended up on second place and the prize covered our loss.

I saw some really fast killing while I was hunting corns. Dont forget the power of teams. if 8 people do 10% dam and one does 20%, the creatures go down very quickly. This is one reason why I would like to see kill pts proportional to damage share if possible.

Thing is they need to make a judgement about how much they are willing to spend to win the prizes. If they spend more than its worth then more fool them. Better to wait and buy the item afterwards. Or perhaps for some people, its not about winning the prize but winning the competition, in which case the exorbitant cost is what they pay for enterainment.

Meanwhile the loot pool gets a huge boost. I can live with that.

KikkiJikki

First of all this just things i have heard, read etc., nothing is 100% solid...

To the point...

I don`t mind cat4 player with level 72 stepping down to cat3, or level 55 stepping down from 3 to 2. There is nothing wrong with someone using Mod merc, foe etc. in cat3 with level 69.9.
I don`t mind someone who doesn`t participate themselves sponsor someone who wants to and competes in his category (for example there is nothing wrong with someone who sponsors cat2 players who shoot with x1/cb26/bl1300 etc.)

But using mls and stuff like that in cat1??? Levels 0-24 are practicly newcomers tbh... Take a look at the winner in cat1 - 59238 points. 59238/30=1974.6 points per hour, 32.91 p per minute and if all mobs are worth 5 points its 6.6 mobs per minute ON AVERAGE 30 HOUR NON STOP SHOOTING. So in reality the killspeed is even higher, because you might run out of mobs, you need to get more ammo, repair stuff, get rid of loot, move around a bit, login/logoff/CTDs/lost connection + 20 min unused from the allowed max time...

From what i have read it seems angel have won 3 years in a row in cat1. Last year it was insane 107k points (different rules ofc.). So this cat1 player doesn`t play during the year and comes just for MM with uber gear, friends, money. Don`t get me wrong, i`m not accusing anyone of have second avatars, i`m 99.99% it is legit avatar with real person`s data to support it. But is it moral/ethical/fairplay??

Last year one of the rumors was that there was someone with Emik X5 shooting (support i assume) in cat1? Cmon, so cat3, cat4 players participating in cat1.

Keep it up! Greed all the way...

First place was all L gear and only 2man team. Adapted monty+xr90, Martial L + 8A L so no repairs are needed, team "looter takes all" so no need to go to storage or getting heavy, Pitbull in field for local storage. So no need for uber toys.
Good organising is the key in Mayhem.

And Angel does play through the year just not 12hrs a day like some, don't judge on what you don't know...

Last edited:
First place was all L gear and only 2man team. Adapted monty+xr90, Martial L + 8A L so no repairs are needed, team "looter takes all" so no need to go to storage or getting heavy, Pitbull in field for local storage. So no need for uber toys.
Good organising is the key in Mayhem.

And Angel does play through the year just not 12hrs a day like some, don't judge on what you don't know...

Just saying what i have heard, read on the forums and seen and made some conclusions/assumptions...

MM is a kind of the WoF than

Some ppl pay insane amounts of money to reach the first positions and I personally have nothing against this.

Unless MA will create special weapons for each category and anyone using something else will be disqualified, this situation won't be solved. A solo MM is about who has the most dps/skill. In a team oriented MM strategy, planning and coordination can equal or beat uber skills and gear.

Last year I competed with a friend against Angel mms on the cornudacauda category. They were 5-6 ppl with apis killing conudacaudas non stop. I doubt the jag set they got covered the loss. We ended up on second place and the prize covered our loss.

One subcategory for EACH PROFESSION in each category would be cool. That way mellee people, pistol folks, and even whippers could stand a chance against the folks that use rifles. Also make it so that when you register you register the weapon you are using (all weapons are unique as we all know due to the various tier levels in item info screen)... you must use that weapon at least once on each kill or it won't count. That way you are sort of forcing people to play in their subcategory fairly and not just having someone in knife category using a blp rifle or something.

I solve all my concerns by just staying out of it. It`s not my EU. I lose enough just playing casual.

Futurama, I agree with your points but I think you omit one small detail ... ctg I was NOT for newcomers ... no need to analyze scores and decays ... no newcomer to this game - except he depo an insane ammount of money or he had "good" uber friends :rolleyes: - could have won this MM by simply 30h straight shooting ... also consider a newcomer wouldn't have very good knowledge of the game, eco tactics, spawns and so on ...

In the end the insane decay you speak about made FPC happy ... what I would worry about if I'd be in their place would be the fact they didn't had even 200 participants :eyecrazy: in any of the categories ... I can count ~10% as disqualified maybe, but even so ctg I at least should have rocked that number by much ... makes you think about the numbers of new players coming & staying to the game ... but hey, maybe they're all in love with mining & crafting :laugh:

Futurama, I agree with your points but I think you omit one small detail ... ctg I was NOT for newcomers ... no need to analyze scores and decays ... no newcomer to this game - except he depo an insane ammount of money or he had "good" uber friends :rolleyes: - could have won this MM by simply 30h straight shooting ... also consider a newcomer wouldn't have very good knowledge of the game, eco tactics, spawns and so on ...

One of the top ten had been playing less than 2 months and worked solo. Awesome effort.

One of the top ten had been playing less than 2 months and worked solo. Awesome effort.

I've wrote "could have won", not top 10 - I say that because you quoted my post ... don't wanna say "screenie, or it didn't happen" ;) ... in the end anyone can say he did it solo but there's no way to prove it, is it ? ... but that's not the point, was clear from the start teams are allowed in this event.

Back