Spud's Sweating Tutorial

Spud Striker

Alpha
Society
Wanderers Society
Neal Spud Striker
Sweating: Crash Course in Animal Sweating

What is Sweat?

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Bottle.JPG[/wrap]Vibrant Sweat is a container of native Calypso creature life energy force. This enmatter is one of the parts in making Mind Essence, the energy needed for forming most Mindforce powers. Refine it together with Force nexus to make Mind Essence. Sweating is free to do, and is used primarily as a source of income for many players.

__________________________________________________​

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Exarosaur.JPG[/wrap]
Step One: Find a Monster

Find a creature to sweat. Most creatures contain sweat, but robots and mutants do not. For starters look for an exarosaur, combibo, berycled, snablesnot, or another low-level creature. Low-level creatures are less likely to attack during the sweating process.

______________________________​

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Radar.JPG[/wrap]Step Two: Get Close

To be able to extract sweat from a creature you need to be close. The closest monster on the radar to the right is at the maximum distance to begin sweating.

In the options menu (Default: O), make sure 'Move to target when interacting' is checked. This will automatically move you into range for sweating in following steps.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Concentrating.JPG[/wrap]Step Three: Concentrate

To extract sweat, Mindforce concentration is needed. The concentration period for sweating surrounds the player with a green aura.

There are several ways to concentrate: double-clicking the monster, right clicking on the monster and selecting 'Gather Sweat', or pressing the key associated with the 'Gather Sweat' action from the hotbar while the creature is selected.

When Mindforce concentration is completed the green aura will dissipate. The avatar's hands will glow green, indicating the avatar is ready to acquire sweat.

While the avatar is concentrating there are several things that can interrupt the process. Mindforce concentration can be interrupted by movement, being hit and taking damage, or equipping an item. If the process is interrupted, simply begin concentrating again.

Concentrating2.JPG

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Extracting.JPG[/wrap]

Step Four: Acquire

To acquire sweat from the creature, as in concentration, double-click the monster, right click on the monster and selecting 'Gather Sweat', or press the key associated with the 'Gather Sweat' action from the hotbar while the creature is selected.

Unlike the concentration step, the avatar can move or be hit by a monster without interrupting the sweat acquiring process. Equipping items on the other hand, will interrupt this process.

When the acquiring process finishes, there are two likely results. A failed attempt will result in the following message "The Sweat acquiring failed." A successful attempt will result in between 2 and 22 bottles of sweat appearing in the loot window, which is automatically put into the inventory.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/SweatLoot.JPG[/wrap]
After the sweat acquiring step, it is possible to attempt to acquire sweat from the creature again. While within range of the creature: concentrate, and acquire again.

This process can be repeated until the creature has had all of its sweat extracted. When a creature has no more sweat to be gathered, any attempt to acquire sweat results in the message "You may not acquire any further sweat from this creature." A common term to describe this is that the creature is "dry."

Dry.JPG

Strategies

Focus Charges

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/FocusLoss.JPG[/wrap]One mindforce chip is the focus chip. This chip enables the user to add focus charges to themselves of another player.

Focus charges are used to protect the concentration period from interruption of being hit. An avatar can have up to 38 focus charges at one time. If an avatar with focus charges is hit during concentration the concentration is not interrupted, but one focus charge is lost. These focus charges work to protect the concentration periods of all mindforce abilities. If an avatar is killed or logs off then all focus charges are lost.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/Armor.JPG[/wrap]Sweating in Armor

The use of armor in sweating has been a somewhat debated issue. When a monster deals damage to an avatar in armor, the armor decays and decreases in value. The armor will reduce the damage of the creature if the armor has protection against that type of attack. Careful planning should be used to compare the protection of the armor to the attack of the creature.

The decision to use armor should be made based on the cost to use it. Inexpensive armors like goblin or pixie are commonly used during sweating. However, it is important to evaluate whether the repair costs of the armor are worth the added protection. It is important to look at your costs carefully to understand if sweating with armor works for you.

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/2/0/5/TurretRevive.JPG[/wrap]Where to Sweat

Sweating can be performed almost anywhere, but it is important to find a place that optimizes sweating efforts. Things to look for are: creatures you are capable of sweating, a revival terminal, a turret, and a teleporter.

A revival terminal is important because most sweaters die frequently. Reviving nearby the creatures makes sweating quicker. Turrets are useful for killing off dry creatures, or ones that are simply annoying. A teleporter is not mandatory, but makes the sweating location easily accessible.

GOOD LUCK SWEATING!

Well, that's my tutorial submission. If you want to critique it, I would love to hear your opinions. Preferably before the end of January 7th as that is when the final draft is due.

If you like it: rock the vote once the polls are up (they close on Jan. 12th).

Nicely laid out, Spud. Plenty more could be said about sweating, but your guide would get someone to square 1 (which is actually lacking in some well-known sweating guides).

-Coop

Nice tutorial and nicely laid out. Best ive seen yet on sweating :thumbup:

Very nice tutorial! Best ive seen but you could name a few places to sweat and give their locations-that would make this perfect!

One of the better Tutorial on sweating very NICE>>> :yay:

Great totarial

This totarial was just great. It's very simple and usefull. I think you forgot one strategie... with a weapon. (when mob attacks you- shoot, when mob is dry- shoot) :rolleyes:
+ rep

Wow Spud.. Good Job. That was really good layed out. ++Rep for you taking the time and effort in that :)

Maybe I'm skilled up, but a mob can be further away on my radar, and I can still sweat it :confused:

Thats interesting... so maybe there is some sort of affect on distance from skills. I currently have ~450 in SG if that helps.

Its really nice to see an updated sweating guide, grats and keep up the good work !

Someone earlier asked about loactions, so I thought I would pass on my limited experience of 3 months of sweating.

First location the newly added (I think it's new anyway!) Port Atlantis swamp, 2 minute run north of the Port Atlantis Mall. Good spot for Combibo, Daikiba and Berycled. Advantage: lots of Mobs close to revival and turret, disadvantage: no TP and can get very laggy due to the number of noobs (me included). Also be on the watch for resellers trying to take advantage of the noobs by buying sweat at ridiculously low prices.

Second location, Atlas Island North, south of the TP, lots of Exorasaurs and snable males and females. Revival and TP (although it can be difficult to get to first time)

Thirdly, Atlas haven, North or South, good for Exos, Snables and Daikiba.

Fourth (and last for now) Fort Troy, good for Exos and Daiks. Disadvantage that the mobs can be a bit spread out, but the advantage is that there is usually someone there giving focus which helps.

Hope this has been helpful and if anyone knows of any other good spots I would love to hear about them.

Someone earlier asked about loactions, so I thought I would pass on my limited experience of 3 months of sweating.

First location the newly added (I think it's new anyway!) Port Atlantis swamp, 2 minute run north of the Port Atlantis Mall. Good spot for Combibo, Daikiba and Berycled. Advantage: lots of Mobs close to revival and turret, disadvantage: no TP and can get very laggy due to the number of noobs (me included). Also be on the watch for resellers trying to take advantage of the noobs by buying sweat at ridiculously low prices.

Second location, Atlas Island North, south of the TP, lots of Exorasaurs and snable males and females. Revival and TP (although it can be difficult to get to first time)

Thirdly, Atlas haven, North or South, good for Exos, Snables and Daikiba.

Fourth (and last for now) Fort Troy, good for Exos and Daiks. Disadvantage that the mobs can be a bit spread out, but the advantage is that there is usually someone there giving focus which helps.

Hope this has been helpful and if anyone knows of any other good spots I would love to hear about them.

Nea's place. The best sweating place of them all in my opinion. Quite a few people there all the time sweating fat juicy ambulimax. Revival at a stonesthrow away and frequented alot by skilling mindforcers for all your healing and focusing needs.

wonderful information

:yay: I found your guide helpful and useful to pass info onto new family players, and for myself as a new player.I appreciate that you gave some locations also.

Thank You
:wtg:

Last edited:
There are also MF skillers giving focus and healing out at troy and atlantis swamp occasionally, (me being included) so these are pretty decent spots to gather sweat at

Sweating Locations

I am a noob and i got tired of sweating parties, i rarely get sweat and i die alot lol, but i found North of Caravan, and south of Jason's and east of zeus good places to sweat also, that is if u have all the tp's on eudoria

I am a noob and i got tired of sweating parties, i rarely get sweat and i die alot lol, but i found North of Caravan, and south of Jason's and east of zeus good places to sweat also, that is if u have all the tp's on eudoria

Lol, now I know who sweats those snables dry without shooting them afterwards :mad:

plz consider sweathunting if you go to caravan

lol

No actually there 4 like 5 peopel there that sweat, but they wont kill them, they say they r skilling on SG. I go there everyone morning and kill evryone, i dont even try to sweat if i get on can not sweat reply, and i got into a fight with one woman. She was outraged that i would call her on it. So do not think its me. cause i shot all mobs i sweat. that way more spawn

Most excellent post, Spud Striker:yay:

Total n00b here, but when I was told to collect sweat, my first thing was run around in a circle thinking "damn these weird MMORPG's":laugh:

Gonna print this out, and try it tomorrow.

I'd like to add. A nice place to sweat is atlas haven near the stables.

Animals can be lured up into the various pens there for ease of sweating form the other side of the fence.

I'd like to add. A nice place to sweat is atlas haven near the stables.

Animals can be lured up into the various pens there for ease of sweating form the other side of the fence.

That doesn't work cause of trapping :(

Trapping? Meaning you can't sweat through the fence any more?

Trapping? Meaning you can't sweat through the fence any more?
a creature is trapped when it can't move towards you due to fences/hills/objects

when a creature is trapped, you can't damage it nor get any sweat as long it is trapped (you even get a message nowadays i think :D )

Thx Spud! Well layed out and done! Hope they take urs as a standard!

:wtg:

Thanks B-Dub. I hope it helped.

As to the trapping comments: trapped monsters cannot be damaged or sweated, and usually the horrible yellow message will show up saying something like

"This creature is in a state where it cannot be sweat or damaged"

Very clear, accurate and complete. Nice job +rep :)

On locations- Atlas Island South meets Spud's requirements too.

Thanks B-Dub. I hope it helped.

As to the trapping comments: trapped monsters cannot be damaged or sweated, and usually the horrible yellow message will show up saying something like

"This creature is in a state where it cannot be sweat or damaged"

Okay yes i've seen that when trying to get ones stuck ina wall.

Though what i was suggesting is outside of the main arena are some nice boxes fenced in. I'll give it a go. but I don't think they get stuck int eh fence. I'll report back.

Back