**Stage 5 SEMI-FINAL Moblist***

I'm trying to understand where Hurri is coming from with the mobs for support; however, I honestly fail to see ANY value coming out of this (if you really wanted to see how the Main teams are doing, you should/should've maybe make a round for Main only).
Diripi Avg loot = 0.07/day
Pupugi = no globals since Aug 31, 2008
Igni = 6 globals for 2009 (until now)
And even Oculus have an avg of 0.63/day.

In any case, I'm hoping this will take a turn for the best.

I personally quite like the moblist. No annoying little mobs for the main team which can introduce a bigger element of luck into things. Still plenty to think about regarding which mobs to concentrate on, and the MA spawns will mean teams have to be ready to adapt their plans quickly the day before the match.

The last round's support mobs were fairly standard grind fare for mid-level support so we saw some big scores. But some of our newer players struggled to find a role. This time the insects guarantee everyone will have something to do, no matter what level they are. Oculus are a nice chunky mob that'll global plenty, the spawns don't make for comfortable hunting necessarily but I think we'll see some decent support scores. And the MegaChirpy provides an interesting challenge to keep everyone on their toes.

I would be delighted if our opposition went hunting for Oculus northwest of Solfais :D

lol, go for it Sweden, you know you want to :D

SUPPORT TEAMS, BAHQ HAS YOU COVERED!!

Shine the t-bird and ghost, get those 6Bs ready.. BAHQ will have 2 Occulus DNA maxed on #s for your hofing pleasure!!

S of Nate is the place to be for the semi's. Screw those annoying little bugs.

Nice, ty, what maturity is planned?

Support would have been a part, as would getting supporters involved...but as support teams are made up of normal players without massive pedcard balances or speciality armour, this isn't going to make WOF possible or attractive to a lot now. "Tbird + 6b ;perfect for oculus"...yeah and damned expensive for a one-off stage for lots of folk...plus ammo and decay and ME etc.
Timmers, explain to me please how Tbird L is too expensive. As it is now, the price is basically TT, just as most of polaris parts were for formidon. 6B are not that expensive either.
And if oculus is not the mob of masses, then there are those little birds for everyone to make a barbecue. It should be fun. I know i wished i could take part of it :D. Actively.

We are open to suggestions.. I think guard-dom would probably be the sweet spot for point scoring but we are open to what people want.

We are open to suggestions.. I think guard-dom would probably be the sweet spot for point scoring but we are open to what people want.

I concur ;) Nothing too weak, nothing too strong (for a well-led and organized team that is)

Would also like some Providers (or less) so we can go for the sweep.

Yeah sounds good, Guard-Alpha something like that. Haven't found any Prowlers elsewhere yet, but Old Alpha generally requires a bit of fapping in T-Bird+6B so Prowler might be getting a bit feisty.

Timmers, explain to me please how Tbird L is too expensive.

It's not expensive in terms of markup, but for people with a low bankroll it ties up more funds in your storage.

Groups in Ghost+6B should be OK on them though.

SUPPORT TEAMS, BAHQ HAS YOU COVERED!!

Shine the t-bird and ghost, get those 6Bs ready.. BAHQ will have 2 Occulus DNA maxed on #s for your hofing pleasure!!

S of Nate is the place to be for the semi's. Screw those annoying little bugs.

is the LA pvp?

is the LA pvp?

It won't be. They can choose whether to allow it or not.

I still say ramp up the maturity higher than prov/guard. MANY old/prov are found N of oshiri.

I've killed quite a few oldalpha/prowlers (even a few stalkers) with just thunderbird + 6b. they're not really that hard

Timmers, explain to me please how Tbird L is too expensive. As it is now, the price is basically TT, just as most of polaris parts were for formidon. 6B are not that expensive either.
And if oculus is not the mob of masses, then there are those little birds for everyone to make a barbecue. It should be fun. I know i wished i could take part of it :D. Actively.

I think while focussing on MU, we forget that not everyone can afford even the TT value of limited armors. I have already spent money on WoF to buy limited Martial(except the thighs, which Alex Coolguy Hammer gave to me out of sheer generosity, which I intend to pay him back for when I am able), and I can not afford to buy limited thunderbird for this round. I'm content with my ghost, as I read in a thread "Don't get stuck with ghost, go thunderbird!"

Each WoF round is a deposit for me. That is only for a gun and 3 hours of hunting... another set of armor? That would double my deposit. You can't call WoF an accessible event, then argue for the purchase of a new set of armor that would take away most of the budget of a gamer that wants to play for under 100 dollars a month.

Ask anyone in my team, I am psyched about WoF. I even added a question to my weekly trivia event with the express intent on saying you don't need skill or gear to join a support team. Hopefully I'm not wrong afterall.

I think while focussing on MU, we forget that not everyone can afford even the TT value of limited armors. I have already spent money on WoF to buy limited Martial(except the thighs, which Alex Coolguy Hammer gave to me out of sheer generosity, which I intend to pay him back for when I am able), and I can not afford to buy limited thunderbird for this round. I'm content with my ghost, as I read in a thread "Don't get stuck with ghost, go thunderbird!"

Each WoF round is a deposit for me. That is only for a gun and 3 hours of hunting... another set of armor? That would double my deposit. You can't call WoF an accessible event, then argue for the purchase of a new set of armor that would take away most of the budget of a gamer that wants to play for under 100 dollars a month.

Ask anyone in my team, I am psyched about WoF. I even added a question to my weekly trivia event with the express intent on saying you don't need skill or gear to join a support team. Hopefully I'm not wrong afterall.

The last thing a Moblist is designed to do is make Support Players buy new armour. The reason I steer away from really big stuff like Falx generally is so teams of hugely-equipped people aren't the only ones who can hunt them.
I tend to pick mobs for Support that I can hunt (I have less than 100k skills and 130 health) at lower maturities, and that I can hunt in a team at higher maturities, giving 2 and 4 points respectively. I own no special armour, just the knowledge that even naked, a big enough team can handle these.
I realise you seek to optimise your contribution to the scores but a friend or two hunting with you will achieve this for a much lower cost.

I'd be spending more time thinking that if you get too close to the bug swarm, you're going to get a lot of simultaneous attention; will rockets be big enough to deal with them, and after, who's going into the swarm to loot the bodies? The Oculus are only half the story:)

Hurrikane

The last thing a Moblist is designed to do is make Support Players buy new armour. The reason I steer away from really big stuff like Falx generally is so teams of hugely-equipped people aren't the only ones who can hunt them.
I tend to pick mobs for Support that I can hunt (I have less than 100k skills and 130 health) at lower maturities, and that I can hunt in a team at higher maturities, giving 2 and 4 points respectively. I own no special armour, just the knowledge that even naked, a big enough team can handle these.......
Hurrikane

Hurrikane, I think you have been doing a good job at adding a multitude of different mobs to the support lists. The only suggestion I might make in the future is no more molisk for 3 rounds in a row. It would have been nice to have a larger mob, something that wasn't soloable but rather drives team coordination as the primary scoring mob in stage 3. :D

Thanks for your hard work and dedication man! :)

It won't be. They can choose whether to allow it or not.

I still say ramp up the maturity higher than prov/guard. MANY old/prov are found N of oshiri.

I've killed quite a few oldalpha/prowlers (even a few stalkers) with just thunderbird + 6b. they're not really that hard

Yup, the scoring split is due to Guardian and above topping 100 damage, most teams will have little problem on these.

Hurrikane

I came here to bitch but then realized I will not be another EF cliche'

The organizers of WOF have a very unforgiving job. Even if you did pick Atrox as a support mob, you'd still face unhappy people.

The Moblist has been set, there will be no changes. Let's focus on planning now rather than complaining. Suggestions should go to the "Suggestions for WOF 2010" thread.

WOF isn't just about shooting and fapping, but finding the best strategy to success.

Good Luck everyone and we'll see you next weekend!

Locations of Upcoming Special Spawns for the Semi-Final

Diripi/Pupugi/Igni (Bug Swarm) at 10891, 24306 (North of the Outpost, East of Ithaca over the River, Northwest of Argus.)

Eviscerators and Defenders at
1622, 12799
(South of Jor Bridge)

High level Atrox at
3828, 20140
(South of Cape Corinth)

Chirpy Mutated at
9932, 10120
(South of Camp Phoenix)

All existing spawns remain the same; privately owned spawns are subject to owner's settings.

Good Luck, take a can of Raid maybe:)

Hurrikane

Thanks for the update Hurri.

Any further details on estimated maturities and a spawn commencement time?

Or is that going to be kept a surprise? ;)

Thanks for the update Hurri.

Any further details on estimated maturities and a spawn commencement time?

Or is that going to be kept a surprise? ;)

Bugs as high as possible, Eviscerators and Defenders in the mid-range area, and Atrox as posted; high level.

The Chirpys will be Mutated.

Expecting the spawns to appear Friday afternoon/evening as before.

:)

Hurrikane

Sorry to bug ya, but are Atrox larger than Stalkers expected?

The special spawn might include a few Marauders/Slayers (hopefully no Queens lol), but big Atrox are quite easily found elsewhere if these prove too tough. The really big ones are there to provide a choice; in Stage 4, Grand Formidons were opted for by several support teams in the hope they granted more globals due to their higher health etc.

Hurrikane

Just a self serving reminder.. The Oculus spawn at BAHQ's LA now has 2 DNA with MAX NUMBERS. The kingfishers have been minimized and after the server reset on tuesday there should be very few left.

1 TP jump due south of Nate.

We did NOT max maturity. Teams in ghost should be fine. T-bird ofc will be better/easier.

The big insects have arrived... ;)

EDIT: and there be Atrox Prowlers SE of Cornith ;)

EDIT: Chirpy Mutated are in position... can be see from the Phoenix TP

EDIT: high-level Evics and Defenders south of Jor Bridge....

Last edited:
Thanks for info Rayne! :thumbup:

The big insects have arrived... ;)

EDIT: and there be Atrox Prowlers SE of Cornith ;)

EDIT: Chirpy Mutated are in position... can be see from the Phoenix TP

EDIT: high-level Evics and Defenders south of Jor Bridge....

Trox Prowler up to Slayer actually :eek:

Bugs seems to be spawning smack middle in the water.. great ma :)

Bugs seems to be spawning smack middle in the water.. great ma :)

Are you saying they are spawning underwater, or just over the water..? If over the water, that is hardly new. There are countless places on Calypso where Hiryuu (for example) spawn over water (rivers, ponds, lakes and oceans). There are large enough that they appear on radar from a good distance, so just swim out to attract them and bring them back to shore. Stay above water (your head poking out) and they will follow you. If you go underwater, they will fly away.

Let's not start bashing the spawn... for Christ's sake, they been here only a few hours :rolleyes:

EDIT: I could not tell if you were bashing the spawn or not... were you?

Are you saying they are spawning underwater, or just over the water..? If over the water, that is hardly new. There are countless places on Calypso where Hiryuu (for example) spawn over water (rivers, ponds, lakes and oceans). There are large enough that they appear on radar from a good distance, so just swim out to attract them and bring them back to shore. Stay above water (your head poking out) and they will follow you. If you go underwater, they will fly away.

Let's not start bashing the spawn... for Christ's sake, they been here only a few hours :rolleyes:

EDIT: I could not tell if you were bashing the spawn or not... were you?

i was bashing it, since you clear half the spawn and almost all bugs are totally gone.. u go look for them and aha they are halfway across the river.. woohoo.. so u end up having to do like 4-5 trips across the river to attract them.

i was bashing it, since you clear half the spawn and almost all bugs are totally gone.. u go look for them and aha they are halfway across the river.. woohoo.. so u end up having to do like 4-5 trips across the river to attract them.

Well at least every team will have the same challenge :thumbup:

I am actually going to go out on a limb and say..

Nice work with all the mob spawns :D

A few minor issues, but generally, well done all round i think :)

Let's just hope they can hold up to the onslaught on teams in the first slot ;)

Good luck all :)

Aly

I am actually going to go out on a limb and say..

Nice work with all the mob spawns :D

A few minor issues, but generally, well done all round i think :)

Let's just hope they can hold up to the onslaught on teams in the first slot ;)

Good luck all :)

Aly

Yeah, after a few hours roaming around today, I think the spawns look good too. Looking forward to the fun tomorrow!

Back