Info: Starter Package Test (video)

Lizzy Storm

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lizzy Demon Storm
So, I won one of the starter packs from the Argonaut event. I have to say, the armor looks amazing! I did a little test with my friend Moondog to see how much faster I am with this armor. We both took everything out of our inventory and ran.

I also deliberately died to see what that H-DNA thing did, and how it looked. I have confirmed, it does not work in PVP.

Speedrun:
I don't think it is safe to compare two players and their stats. Instead, find an empty place, and run in a straight line from A-B, and measure the time. Then do it with armor and measure again. I'd find that outcome more interesting than your corner cutting skills :)

The armor looks amazing, but if I'd run into you, I'd attack because you look too much like a bot :D

Speedrun:
I don't think it is safe to compare two players and their stats. Instead, find an empty place, and run in a straight line from A-B, and measure the time. Then do it with armor and measure again. I'd find that outcome more interesting than your corner cutting skills :)

Good point. My mic didn't get picked up as I was recording, but I indeed said something along the lines of 'When I wear my other armor I do feel slightly slower.'

There is a noticeable difference in speed, but then again, not very noteworthy.

what about backwards speed have u noticed an improvement?

Thx for info.
Maybe to use Team and Team target to get an idea of distance/time..

Good point. My mic didn't get picked up as I was recording, but I indeed said something along the lines of 'When I wear my other armor I do feel slightly slower.'

There is a noticeable difference in speed, but then again, not very noteworthy.

Not noteworthy..? That brings up memories of years ago, when I had gained some skills and was suddenly able to survive an attacking atrox because... I finally ran as fast as they could! And a bit later, I could actually OUTRUN them! 1% can be enough :)

what about backwards speed have u noticed an improvement?

To be faster have two sides - good and bad.

Players get faster by skilling and also by raising attributes like agility.
At certain point players loose ability to heal full when moving backwards because their sped crosed borders of walk back normal speed.
In some situatiuon pressing Q help in some not and in most cases there is no help on that because player forget to have to press Q or stand still to heal full.

Another thing is that most mobs wich player used to hunt by walking back ( slow mobs ) start to claim them self stuck and unhitable because walking back faster dont permit to those mobs to hit player at least once in certain time interval.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh....

To be faster have two sides - good and bad.

Players get faster by skilling and also by raising attributes like agility.
At certain point players loose ability to heal full when moving backwards because their sped crosed borders of walk back normal speed.
In some situatiuon pressing Q help in some not and in most cases there is no help on that because player forget to have to press Q or stand still to heal full.

Another thing is that most mobs wich player used to hunt by walking back ( slow mobs ) start to claim them self stuck and unhitable because walking back faster dont permit to those mobs to hit player at least once in certain time interval.

...to have uber problems...:laugh:

Actually...thank you for this post Dan...I found it was a very interesting aspect....I have even noticed occasionally that I get thse lowered heals at agi 73?...at first I thot maybe I was going downhill but it happened on flat too...subtle behind the scenes part of the game that many may never experience...

Brick

Are you sure?
I don't think this is correct. I did hunted Prots with walking backward and ml-35, meaning that they never got close enough to hit me and they never get stuck.
Moving mob do not get stuck/'unhittable'.

I think Dan is talking about...

Are you sure?
I don't think this is correct. I did hunted Prots with walking backward and ml-35, meaning that they never got close enough to hit me and they never get stuck.

...uber-backwards-walking...walking so fast that the mob doesn't actually 'get closer' or gets farther away...when you do this for a lengthy enough time it will go 'unreachable'...same as if you maintained the same distancing issue running forwards...you have to look at it from the perspective of being an uber-hero...they have powers we don't have...

Brick

Are you sure?

I hunted prots but didnt tryed to move back as out of habit so you could have right.
After all we all become noobs again after each VU to see, try and test all again.
I had in mind firstly small slow mobs as we talk about starter armor pack

Also if you tag/shot mob, turn and run he will newer get stuck, he will follow you or try to get you.
So that distance do not count for what i mean.
I think that maybe mob AI have "run mode" stance and "combat mode" stance.
In past it had also "run away" stance - if you damaged mob a lot mob tryed to run away.
Maybe still have - i dint notice it for long time and MA periodicaly improve mob AI.
Thing happen once mob come in close combat distance where it acualy can hit you and you evade atack by your defence skills or by moving bacward keeping same distance or slighty increase distance ( wich is not same as turn and run where mob shud change from combat to run/follow mode) so mob stay still in combat mode.
After certain unsuccessful number of tryes to hit you in time period and being constantly damaged by your gun mob go in stuck/unhitabe mode where cant be damaged further.
Not only damaged by weapon, thing worked without dealing damage just by healing myself.
I said - it worked because is long time i dont try that.
For long time i dont move bacward but just tank/evade mob hits until is dead because of those two reasons i mentioned in prior post - healing by 1/4 of fap full capacity and possibility to get mob stuck.

I though that when you wear armor or have a weapon equipped you move a little slower? :scratch2:

Also the armor you wear is part of your weight. So if one person has armor on and other has nothing in inventory that would mean one of you would be lighter.:rolleyes: Unless the one not wearing armor had a set in inventory too?

So if wearing armor slows you down a little this may bring you back to same as if not wearing armor.....and with the stats it has for defense it is only for looks for most players and or a plate holder.:)

Back