Starting Crafting

Society
Sanctuary
Miss Alannah James
I've recently come back to the game after a two year rest and am starting to get back into the swing of things. Now for some strange reason i'd like to give crafting a go. I've never really crafted before and so it's as if i'm starting from scratch skill wise.

After looking at the various types of crafting available i've decided that I would like to go with armour crafting. I have managed to find a 50QR BP for settler shins and I would like to try and aquire the materials myself rather than buying them. What i've been thinking of doing is saving a portion of the iron I get from doing Argos for the iron missions and then mining the lysterium. Would this be a good way to start? Also, how much should I be aiming to have stockpiled before I begin a crafting session?

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance :)

To be honest it all comes out to what you want to do.
Just bear in mind that each attempt roughly costs as much as shooting an argonaut, so you'd probably want to keep a budget of that size. Also keep in mind that Settler has no markup, so you'd ideally want to go full condition and try to get residue and blueprints. I'd recommend 100 ped as your smallest run, unless you're just testing stuff out. Preferably more to avoid falling short of 80-90% returns.

I would say try it and see if it works for you. It could work, but then again it might not...;)

Be prepared to lose money. A lot of money.

I do agree with Cerberus, make sure you have enough mats in to do a decent size run of 100 clicks or more before starting. This will help to even out the win/loss situation.

Other than that, go for it. Don't worry about what other people might say, just try it. :cool:

Lily

Back