Still not able to install/patch

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
Hi all...

someone help Entropia's support team because they still give me USELESS standard answers instead of kicking their stupid programmer's butts. I am ready to sell out (some NICE stuff is waiting for you all now!) but can't.

Interested in Tango, Ravenger SGA, 2x Martial SGA (F) sets and a lot more? Tell me how to get in the game.

And forget my stupid sig, I don't care about Entropia anymore and I hate myself for supporting the game in the past years (defeinding it on youtube and such).

I am very disappointed...

I run Windows 7, 64 bit and had no issues with Entropia and updates since version 10.8.4... but now it's heavy:

Patch 10.8.4: update not working, asked in the forum and ppl told me known issue, all i can do is a full re-download and reinstall :(.

Now with patch 10.9.x same issue:
I download the patch and it crashed with the message:

"Error executing update_10.8.4.43999-10.9.0.44378.exe"

No senseful information what can be done or anything else.

So I deleted the patch file, started the client again, wait again for the downloads... and guess what?
Same error.

So I delete the patch again, start the client as administrator,,, and guess what?
Downloads again and then crashed again with same error.

I will not make another full redownload where I wait hours only to receive the same problem again with next patch.

Please inform me, when you get this issue solved, I stop playing until this is fixed.

2010-03-22 20:04 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please run the "Repair installation" tool found under "File" in the upper left corner of your Client Loader; it will automatically detect and repair any damaged or corrupted files. Please let us know if you still experience issues after reparation has been carried out.

Kind regards,

Entropia Universe Support

2010-03-23 19:38 Du schriebst:

Of course that's not working, because the function "Repair" is disabled and not clickable.

2010-03-24 15:06 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

Oh, so your Repair function is disabled too. Please let us know how it went after the patching of today. Your Repair button should, any way, be enabled and working.

We will await news from you.

Kind regards,

2010-03-25 18:18 Du schriebst:

Good day.
Tried again, doesn't work.

I use Windows 7 64bit.

If I look in my Entropia folder, I have 3 updates lying around.
+ update_10.8.4.43999-10.9.0.44378
+ update_10.9.0.44378-10.9.1.44517
+ update_10.9.1.44517-10.9.2.45050

I tried this (and now I am really pissed):
deleted all updates.
the client loaded loads all three and fails when applying the first one (again!!)
it doesnt matter if i start the client as admin or normal
it doesn't help if i try to start the update as admin or normal directly
+
so no patching working AGAIN :(

2010-03-29 07:30 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,
Please try downloading the whole installation file via this direct link and run a clean installation:
http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....8.0/entropia_universe_10.8.0.42477_setup.exe
Remember to save the file on your computer, so you don't have to download it again in case of issues requiring another reinstallation. We appreciate your patience.
Kind regards,

2010-04-12 13:01 Du schriebst:

Yesterday I deinstalled the whole game.

I re-downloaded the installer and let it download everything the normal way.

Again it doesn't work. Something that it can't find the patch files (new message). It's such a shame that your programmers still can't get a normal game working!

Same happened to a friend of me directly after the 11 release. He had no Entropia installed before, so something is broken when using Windows 7 (yes, obviously not for all gamers, but still.).

However:
I want to sell out from this, the planets are nothing more than land areas, no new game or anything senseful to explore, from what I see in the forums. Now tell me what needs to be done that I can log in and get my crap sold... quickly.

2010-04-12 13:19 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,
Make sure that you are running the application as administrator by right-clicking on the application and selecting "Runs as administrator".
Kind regards,

2010-04-12 21:53 Du schriebst:

Of course I did this. It's a shame that this is needed for a game, tell your programmers to learn from other game companies please (e.g. I instealled Bad Company 2 weeks ago and all works fine, even auto-patching without the administrator thing).

back to topic:

Error message:

c:\Users\Standard\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\entropia_universe_10.8.0.42...._setup-exe

Auf das angegebene Gerät bzw den Pfad oder die Datei kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Sie verfügen eventuell nicht überausreichend Berechtigungen, um auf das Element zugreifen zu können.

Use Google to translate.

This is SO stupid. As I said, I re-downloaded all... and, again: a game that I installed 2 weeks ago (so after your bullshit of patch problem occured the first time) works fine, so don't blame me or my PC or setup.

And dont give me standard answers, they didn't work ever so they won't work this time again!

I have installed it just these days on Win 7 64 bit as well.

I used the following:

Full client:

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.0.45848.exe

The download on the website doesn't work for me either.

Patch:
http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/updates/update_11.0.0.45848-11.0.1.45891.exe

and

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/updates/update_11.0.1.45891-11.0.2.46046.exe

Download them with any downloadrobot (I used FireFox add on "Downthemall").

Installed in default folders the fullclient, careful, even if it responds not working, it still is busy!, just let it run. Its C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe even on a German Win 7!

Start the clientloader, when it starts or gives error for the next patch, stop it and close it. Go to the Entropia Folder, delete any patch file and copy the next patch file to it, run it from there. Likewise with the fullclient, even if stops responding, leave it be, at some point its done. Repeat with the next patch and your are (hopefully) done.

That is how it worked for me. There is thread from Dandy in here as well, which provides all the links and helped me also the last installs :)

edit: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/181321-latest-vu-installation-files-here.html

editII: the patches via clientloader don't work anymore sinc 10.8, but the manual patching works since then for me, just have to copy them in to the entropia folder and let them when they even stop responding.

Last edited:
If this is what needs to be done: all I can say, rofl.

We knew that the programmers are bad, but that's so stupid. I mean, Crysis has a WORKING patch system, how could they mess it up that much?

I hope, someone has a more simple solution... I doubt MA's coder will be able to fix what they broke.

@Cani: Thanks a lot for posting

Hey Smo, that sucks and I wish I had advice to help out. Sorry, I don't.

Hang in there and good luck.

Install full client as admin, then take ownership of the intall folder (google for a reg patch that puts 'take ownership' into the context menu. Because you then have ownership of the folder, EU installs and patches fine.

Works fine for me...

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Hi Smoerble!

Have you tried removing the folder named "Entropia" that you find in the temp folder?

Temp is located here: C:\Users\"YourUser"\AppData\Local\Temp

I did this before reinstalling the game and that made the game work for me! Hope this helps!

regards!

//jim

If this is what needs to be done: all I can say, rofl.

We knew that the programmers are bad, but that's so stupid. I mean, Crysis has a WORKING patch system, how could they mess it up that much?

I hope, someone has a more simple solution... I doubt MA's coder will be able to fix what they broke.

@Cani: Thanks a lot for posting

Found it actually very simple to resolve, have seen worse.

Did it help for you?

Same shit here, I'll try your hints but so far it does not work for me on win7 64 ...

:mad::confused::mad:

Perhaps a useless guess but did you try disable UAC and your virusscanner while updating? Taking ownership of the folder where the update files go into, make sure you and the system both have full privileges?

Never had a supp case answer this fast, BUT ... USELESS ...

2010-04-13 16:03 You wrote:

URGENT PLEASE!

I tried all day installing PE on my brand new windows 7 professional 64-bit system and it does not work at all! And YES, I already tried ALL of your recommendations!!!
Also tried all hints on EntropiaForum ... nothing works ...

URGENT ANSWER PLEASE!

GTZ

Peter

2010-04-13 16:11 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thanks for reporting. We are constantly working on improving the Entropia Universe to make it an enjoyable place for all participants. If you have a reoccurring technical problem and would like some advice on how to improve your situation, please get back to us in this support case with more specific details of your issue.
Kind Regards,

"Does MA actually have a "technica"l support team??
Seems to be a "structural" problem to me ... and if it does not work, what fucking 'more specific' details CAN I submit??
This is supposed to be a game open and free for all ... but they just don't support latest technology ... and they mess up even with standard windows installation ... :confused:

Update: sent following supp case ... sorry about the inpolite way I go ... but i've kinda had it ...

Does MA actually have a "technical" support team??
Seems to be a "structural" problem to me ... and if it does not work, what 'more specific' details CAN I submit??
This is supposed to be a game open and free for all ... but you don't even support latest technology ... and then you mess up even with standard windows installation ...

What more can I say?

PS: my version of win 7 pro 64-bit is also "made in Germany", maybe this is the problem???

Last edited:
Little update,

got answer from MA ... NOT
They only ask for more details ... so NO HELP AT ALL!

This is what I replied:

c:\program files (x86)\entropia universe\bin32\clientloader.exe

De toepassing kan niet worden gestart omdat de configuratie naast elkaar onjuist is. Raadpleeg het gebeurtenislogboek Toepassing of gebruik het opdrachtregelprogramma sxstrace.exe voor meer informatie.

This is the error mssg I get when trying to load clientloader. In English it says something like the side-by-side configuration is not correct.

Can some1 help me please?

sxstrace.exe?

I don't speak Dutch to understand the rest of it, but try this:

http://www.moneypa.com/post/Diagnosing-SideBySide-failures-(sxstraceexe-usage).aspx

I know it's rather long, but read through it and do what it says. Maybe you can come up with something.

Note: It doesn't help the support team if you tell them that you "tried everything". Because if you did, there is no way to make this work. Yes, that's really nit-picking ;).

No matter how you think about them, if you want their help, be more specific. If not, don't open a support case. They can't see what you did do and what you didn't do.

sxstrace.exe?

I don't speak Dutch to understand the rest of it, but try this:

http://www.moneypa.com/post/Diagnosing-SideBySide-failures-(sxstraceexe-usage).aspx

I know it's rather long, but read through it and do what it says. Maybe you can come up with something.

Note: It doesn't help the support team if you tell them that you "tried everything". Because if you did, there is no way to make this work. Yes, that's really nit-picking ;).

No matter how you think about them, if you want their help, be more specific. If not, don't open a support case. They can't see what you did do and what you didn't do.

i get the same message and i dont have a f....ing clue to what have to do

This days u must be a guru to play this game

***edit***

i found that in the system log

"Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" "

C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

propably the clientloader cant find this and i get the error message

Last edited:
i had problems with update errors on win vista and win7 64 then when i reinstalled my computer i installed Entropia in users/public folder:

C:\Users\Public\Entropia Universe

And after this i have never had a problem with permissions or updates...

I downloaded this file:
http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.0.45848.exe

Firefox said it's fine but then I couldn't open it... started a redownload now... maybe should use a download manager plugin (why the hell does not borwser has this preinstalled anyway??).

However...
I)f I wouldn't own so many items in game I would say fuck it... this is taking so much hours from my time, it's a big shame, especially as I never had issues with games from "real" game companies.

Anyway... when I am bored, I will try this again... maybe in a few days... but I doubt, it will work. Can someone give me an update on prices anyway? Are they going down since Rockplanet seems to be a bad joke? Or up, because people stay on Calypso and don't safe their money for upcoming planets anymore?

(new download says 3 hours, but i will stop it, have to work on that machine).

I finally managed to get EU running on win7 64 bit by using the c++2005 redist sp1 provided in the thread 'side-by-side config error (forgot the name of the person that provided it but thanks a lot whomever you are!) ;)'
But I do not manage to get my FPS over 30 FPS ...
I start the game at a poor 60 FPS but after a few minutes (when other avas in area) it drops very fast so i have to relog every 5 mins :(
On the same system with win XP I had a constant rating of 60 FPS (I limited it to the HZ of my screen). But with win7 it is not playable ...

Quick system summary:
Gigabyte 6-Quad MB
8 GB DDR-2 RAM 800 MHz
Intel core 2-Quad Q9650 overclocked to 3.3 GHz
Win 7 PRO 64-bit
Asus Geforce GTX260+
V8 Cooler Master CPU cooler
Asus Smart Doctor, GamerOSD and NHancer all tuned to max performance
I run the latest Geforce driver: 197.45

Can some1 explain and help me please?

Back