Stolen Gun for sale ?

I am not complaining about the thread, honestly I do think proven scammers should be named, but I didn't make the rules here on EF. Also, linking/discussing of other games is also a no-no. Sorry, hate to rain on you guys' parade, really not my intention. I only suggest being careful so as not to piss in the mods cornflakes ;)

I am not complaining about the thread, honestly I do think proven scammers should be named, but I didn't make the rules here on EF. Also, linking/discussing of other games is also a no-no. Sorry, hate to rain on you guys' parade, really not my intention. I only suggest being careful so as not to piss in the mods cornflakes ;)

Some of us dont follow the "man's" rules, we snub our collective noises at authority and carry on regardless, were not scared a no mods!!! unless there reading right now that is... to which i say... ermm "hello" ::) nice day annndddd shoooshhhh (exit stage left).

and goodluck spin rep btw

Im sure this auction will not go unbidded at 1ped.. so will be interesting to see who will use their second ava to buy it ;)

If only humanity would be kind enough to let Rep make the opening bid (and no one bids over him) if it is listed at tt+1.

But we all know that it will never happen :(

If only humanity would be kind enough to let Rep make the opening bid (and no one bids over him) if it is listed at tt+1.

That would indeed be a result.

Im sure this auction will not go unbidded at 1ped.. so will be interesting to see who will use their second ava to buy it ;)

Sadly a lot of people don't use the forums - and it's not as if there will be a newsletter from FPC carrying this information - I bet there will be bidders.

What strikes me as odd is why FPC can't hold this virtual piece of property suspended while there's a dispute, not as if any item in the game is more than a click away for them.

Well it only says dont buy that Mod Merc. Anybody can check the links that name the person and also check in auction. (not may mod mercs out there)

Tho indeed not everybody reads the forums.

You are right. For that reason i named noone, but pointed to something anyone can see in auc. I just thought it was fishy due to players trackerstats AND the price of it. That's why i started the discussion about it.

Last edited:
What strikes me as odd is why FPC can't hold this virtual piece of property suspended while there's a dispute, not as if any item in the game is more than a click away for them.

Thats the bad thing :(

I cant agree more !
But sadly it is a hopeless wish im affraid :rolleyes:

Sadly a lot of people don't use the forums - and it's not as if there will be a newsletter from FPC carrying this information - I bet there will be bidders.

They dont have the knowledge and the moral standards to help out. Worlds safest virtual mmorpg :scratch2:

Wrong. In england if someone buys stolen goods it can be taken by police and given back to owner and you don't get any money back.

So, if I buy an item for $15k through the ingame auction, which turns out to be stolen, I will be left with no item and $15k out of pocket? I can only imagine how fast MA's business would go down the drain if that situation occured. Their only option would be to undo the transaction or to introduce a copy of the item and place it in my inventory (which would stink if I was buying an item for its' uniqueness).

Ofcourse it could add to the realism of the game - buy from an auction and you may risk losing both your peds and item :lolup:

Reminder:

I'm not against discussion of controversial issues, however, I do request folks remember we have a no naming/shaming policy here. Just in case you need the reasons why: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9-rationale-no-naming-shaming-forum-rule.html

Yes i think the point worth a discussion is not the name of the seller, but mainly the subject of how risky it might be to bid on an item which might be stolen/scammed ... since this topic concerns playerbase in general, not only in that specific case. I just remember to the lock of the bank Avatar by MA due to the investigation after the accidentaly unlocked locked Avas. And the banks could not do anything against avas taking loans on items which should not be "in the free". So how much risk is involved in such a action ? Considering any account which is worth enough to place a bid on such an item, is for sure one the buyer of any item doesn't want to have locked.

sorry have to say this.

you lent the items fine. but what does MA always say

"ALL TRADES ARE FINAL"

This was almost as bad as all the "I have not bothered to check how much i am bidding on auction so please give me my money back" Threads

if you cannot afford to lose an item do not lend it.

ok now waiting for the back lash of that 2 pec

Hey Rep, I'm sorry for your loss.

I overheard something weird a few days ago about this situation. Is it true that {deleted} got the imk3 back because he acted like a gentlemen, and you didn't get the MM thanks to all your courts/lawyers legal stuff?
Cause if that's true, what a major slap in the face brother...

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry have to say this.

"ALL TRADES ARE FINAL"

This was almost as bad as all the "I have not bothered to check how much i am bidding on auction so please give me my money back" Threads

Instead of backlash how about some agreeance. That is what MA has always said. But what they say and what they do often don`t match. It depends who and how much is at stake.

What we do know is when money is at stake people will never fail to surprise us at the lengths they go to and the things they will do to get ahead. Or save face in MA`s case.

I can never help but feel bad when people lose stuff. But I also can never believe how much faith and trust people put into a virtual world. It may be "more than just a game". But I`ve been safe and happy to only treat it as such.

sorry have to say this.

"ALL TRADES ARE FINAL"

Ok if " all trades are final " remeber what happend to that (UL) OreAmp-105.
Then come back to me and tell me that " all trades are final ".:D

Hey Rep, I'm sorry for your loss.

I overheard something weird a few days ago about this situation. Is it true that {deleted} got the imk3 back because he acted like a gentlemen, and you didn't get the MM thanks to all your courts/lawyers legal stuff?
Cause if that's true, what a major slap in the face brother...

The Imk3 is given back to not him but the one who we all lended our items for free. Have no idea about him "acting like a gentleman" because he was away in India.

What would be neat was if Rep would put that 1 ped bid and then servers were off for about 1 week :). Everybody would enjoy 1 week of reality, and Rep would get his gun back.

But the cost to MA...

Ok if " all trades are final " remeber what happend to that (UL) OreAmp-105.
Then come back to me and tell me that " all trades are final ".:D

if you can't tell the difference between TT'ing something and trading something to another player there's no point trying to explain

Every weapon in game currently shows a unique fingerprint. The tier level rates on every item that has them are specific and unique. No two weapons of the same model will likely ever show any exact duplication of those numbers. With this weapon now on auction the stats can be viewed by anyone. If the original owner knew his exact tier rates (ideally, if he had a date stamped screen shot showing the tiers rates) he could display them side by side as proof that the item on auction is the one in his case. If he can't do that then what proof is there beside the log records which MA does not share? If he can show this evidence then he can show the authorities and/or the community to support his claim. If this limited (limited because anyone can doctor a screen shot) proof doesn't exist then any accusation of this weapon being stolen is groundless.

Furthermore, I can't believe that support hasn't been informed about this item. They themselves could check the tier rates against the item in their logs. If they let it remain on auction is that not an indication that they are authorising the sale. In which case there would be no reason not to make a bid if you really wanted to, despite the backlash from the community which would certainly follow.

seems he removed it from auction

my Modified EWE EP-40 Mercenary was scammed and the one that was put in auction (which seems to be removed by now) are the same gun.

removed or sold for BO ?

how to tell which is true.

Back